Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Do We Get A minoun

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
Survivor
Jun 06, 2008
Keep leveling up and eventually when you go to your school's prof,they'll have a quest and when you're done you'll be able to summon minions...

Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
I don't recall the level I was when I got my sprite, but it was sometime after I was in the middle of working Krokotopia and leveled up (I think I was around level 22 or something). Wu called for me and sent me on a quest, then I got the minion after I completed it. I'm going to assume that other schools work similarly.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
Survivor
Jun 06, 2008
dragonmaster5 wrote:
but i am level 26 and still don't have a minoun
Myth-1/When enrolled,8,and 18?(Thanks Killajula)
Balace-18
Storm-18
Life-18
Fire-28
Ice-28
Death-28

these are the levels of each school when you get minions...

Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
gamemaster wrote:
dragonmaster5 wrote:
Myth-8
Balace-18
Storm-18
Life-18
Fire-28
Ice-28
Death-28

to me this seems a little wowish XD its like..ok, warlocks, you can get your first pet at level 3, hunters, you gotta wait til your level 10. Now its like, backwards, the 'warlocks' of this game gotta wait til 28...and the 'hunters' get it real early. lol.

Survivor
May 29, 2008
Myth gets multiple minions. I have three right now. You get Golem minion (0) at a low level (I think after you survey ravenwood). So technically, you get your first minion at level 1 for myth students. If not at 1, then somewhere between 1-5.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
Kilajula wrote:
Myth gets multiple minions. I have three right now. You get Golem minion (0) at a low level (I think after you survey ravenwood). So technically, you get your first minion at level 1 for myth students. If not at 1, then somewhere between 1-5.

do you happen to know the first minion that death class gets? cause thats what i am. Oh..and what do they do anyway...every time i see a person summon one, its either killed on the spot, or the duel ends like after its summoned

Survivor
Jul 04, 2008
Death's minion is "animated". I have gotten evil sprites, ghosts, and skeletal warriors. Like Myth's troll, death's animated minion becomes stronger the more pips you have when you cast it.

Survivor
May 29, 2008
Draccy wrote:
Kilajula wrote:

do you happen to know the first minion that death class gets? cause thats what i am. Oh..and what do they do anyway...every time i see a person summon one, its either killed on the spot, or the duel ends like after its summoned

As far as I know death students get one minion spell. Their spell works differently and appeals to the name "necromancer." It is an "animation" spell that will cause (as far as I know) a random death minion to appear. I have seen dark pixies, skeletal warriors, ghosts and banshees. The spell is obtained after a quest at level 28. Be prepared, it's an endurance trial. ;)

Survivor
Jul 31, 2008
Hi, maybe this doesn't have much to do with the topic, but when you choose the color of a minion/pet (which I thing are the same, aren't they?) why does it affect price so much?

For example, I was looking at a Dragon. And a red Dragon with yellow wings may cost like 700 gold and a blue Dragon with white wings costs around 400.

Thanks.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2008
what do fire wizards get i mean what is it like i no people get trolls and what not but what do pyromancers get

Survivor
Jun 06, 2008
Draccy wrote:
Kilajula wrote:

Death can't summon minions until the lv 28 quest "Learning a lesson" is completed,then,they will be given the "Animate" card which can summon minions,it will take all of your pips no matter how much you have,the minion's HP depends on how many pips you used.,they're like another player in battle.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2008
Could you answer the question please? I tried to create another topic and I couldn't (don't have the privileges). Anyway, what I meant about color was the TRIM and the other one, which I don't remember. But why color would change the price of an item?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2008
hmm.
i am level 31 pyromancer.
i still have yet to fine me a minion.

did i miss something??

Survivor
May 29, 2008
mdimasso wrote:
Could you answer the question please? I tried to create another topic and I couldn't (don't have the privileges). Anyway, what I meant about color was the TRIM and the other one, which I don't remember. But why color would change the price of an item?

The question mostl likely hasn't been answered because no one really knows. It's the same for clothing. Some colors are just more expensive than others. I assume those that are more desirable cost more. But the only explanation is known by the developers.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2008
mdimasso wrote:
I assume the paint/color/dye system is supposed to be somewhat based on color value in real life,ex:A car might cost more if it's red,but will be more cheap if white...

Survivor
Jul 31, 2008
Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
The cost of items is affected by the color choice when purchased. Some colors are cheaper than others. Below is the range of colors available from least expensive to most expensive.

Tan
White
Yellow
Light Green
Dark Green
Dark Blue
Light Blue
Grey
Red
Light Orange
Light Purple
Dark Orange
Dark Purple
Black

So Tan with Tan trim is cheapest and Black with Black Trim is most expensive.

This is one of the things I researched for the wiki that I have under development.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
ok, i am level 30, and i am in marleybone, and i still haven't gotten a minion, i have see a lot of people with them, but not a death student. I was wondering when do we get one, because i am level 30, and i have done a million quests,(figure of speech). But i till haven't gotten my minion. If any death student, reads this, and you got a minion, please reply.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
For Ice I did not get my minion until level 30 only because to get him I had to go to chelsa court in Marybone and until I complete a quest that gave me permission to chelsea court. And I did that first.

So why such a difference in Minions. Life getting at 19 and Ice at 28 or higher?

For Ice I had to fight an evil character at 2000 health and another at 900. I will not say who because part of the challenge is not being prepared. You get pulled right in so You can not change your cards. I had to do it myself would not allow help in. And I had the worst cards chosen. I made it out with 176 in my health lol.

Does the 28 or higher minion have more power?

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
Draccy wrote:
gamemaster wrote:
dragonmaster5 wrote:
Myth-8
Balace-18
Storm-18
Life-18
Fire-28
Ice-28
Death-28

to me this seems a little wowish XD its like..ok, warlocks, you can get your first pet at level 3, hunters, you gotta wait til your level 10. Now its like, backwards, the 'warlocks' of this game gotta wait til 28...and the 'hunters' get it real early. lol.

This game is like WoW, Guild Wars, and Toontown put together... I've played them all and I see HUGE relations.

Explorer
May 21, 2008
lexleopard wrote:
Death's minion is "animated". I have gotten evil sprites, ghosts, and skeletal warriors. Like Myth's troll, death's animated minion becomes stronger the more pips you have when you cast it.
Bingo, it isn't random... the more pips you have, the stronger minion you will summon. And remember, power pips cost twice ... so the ultimate Animation would be 7 power pips, or the equivalent of a 14 pip creature.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
lexleopard wrote:
Bingo, it isn't random... the more pips you have, the stronger minion you will summon. And remember, power pips cost twice ... so the ultimate Animation would be 7 power pips, or the equivalent of a 14 pip creature.

I would love to see that Animtation.