Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doing more with decks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
As I have played through the game, the deck you use is important as what shirt or hat you wear. I think there should be more variety. The lack of deck shops later on seems sad, as if the player should be comfortable with what is there, or willing to farm for rare deck drops - which there is mostly one per school per world. Sad really.
As the game focuses in the beginning on supporting all schools (the lack of power pips, the wands with all-type spells), this shifts halfway in the game. One big change is the powerpip of course, making your main school very powerful at all times. At first I thought adding a powerpip to all schools a good idea, but each school should be played the way it is meant.

I suggest decks that support multiple schools. Perhaps rare decks could allow more of a second school, perhaps a more generalized deck could say, give a Life wiz a tiny attack bonus to any fire spells they put in there.
This suggestion also doesn't tax the developers to create new spells just to pacify old movesets.

What i would like to know, does any higher level player use their Secondary (or more) school for more than the enhancement cards? Honestly for me, being a Life wiz, its not worth it to save up for Helephant when i can cast two Centaur in that time with Powerpips. Perhaps clothes that compliment the second school?

--Travis Redthistle

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
biggred1999 wrote:
As I have played through the game, the deck you use is important as what shirt or hat you wear. I think there should be more variety. The lack of deck shops later on seems sad, as if the player should be comfortable with what is there, or willing to farm for rare deck drops - which there is mostly one per school per world. Sad really.
As the game focuses in the beginning on supporting all schools (the lack of power pips, the wands with all-type spells), this shifts halfway in the game. One big change is the powerpip of course, making your main school very powerful at all times. At first I thought adding a powerpip to all schools a good idea, but each school should be played the way it is meant.

I suggest decks that support multiple schools. Perhaps rare decks could allow more of a second school, perhaps a more generalized deck could say, give a Life wiz a tiny attack bonus to any fire spells they put in there.
This suggestion also doesn't tax the developers to create new spells just to pacify old movesets.

What i would like to know, does any higher level player use their Secondary (or more) school for more than the enhancement cards? Honestly for me, being a Life wiz, its not worth it to save up for Helephant when i can cast two Centaur in that time with Powerpips. Perhaps clothes that compliment the second school?

--Travis Redthistle
good idea but some special way of complementing the secondary school would take enormous effort but maybe you should be able to get clothes that give you higher lvl spells than what you can cast so if u can cast satyr or centaur you can cast helephant with a rob or hat or boots or amulet

Survivor
May 28, 2009
I have two grand masters, life and balance. my second school for my life is fire, and i almost never use my fire spells except when i need a multi-hit spell, then i just use the meteor spell. as for my balance student i have ice as my second and i use a lot of those spells, but as before i use more blizzards for more multi hit spells.

I for one wish i could use power pips for my second/third classes as well. I also would like to see decks that do reflect a persons' main and secondary classes with boosted stats.