Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 50 Clothes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I think its programed to give you stuff you cant use lol. I just killed him for the first time and got an ice robe, tried my luck on the chest and got the balance robe......I'm a fire wizard ! Also I am still level 49 I dont think i gained any experience points killing him.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Part of it is a numbers game and part of it is luck. Some swear by a position in the fighting order (2nd position is best or 3rd position is best, just depending upon who you ask). I won my balance jacket at level 28 (my third time through the lair) along with a nice set of swords on my first visit. I must admit, I do have quite an extensive collection of chicken boxes and rocks from that lair. It is a long chamber, but worth the battle for that top gear.

Your best bet is to hit him a few times a day and make sure you hit him every day. I am convinced that certain days of the week have a better chance for a particular school's jacket, but that is just my theory. Ask friends what they won, and hit him hard if you hear of a life jacket being dropped. Good luck!

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Hey guys try doing the chests after you defeat them. Joseph Hexblood currently lvl 42

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
julesgrusien wrote:
Does anybody know where other Ice Lvl 50 items are from? I know one is from malistaire, but where would i get the lvl 45 ice deck, and the hat, boot athame, and the ring for lvl 50 Ice?
lolz athame and ring are from the gurtoks in malistair dungeon. ice gives athame fire gives ring

Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
I know its so annoying................i beat Malistare 10-11 times and i didnt get the ice robe from him.......im ice.................i got the judgement 6-5 times death 6-5 times too .....................i wish we could trade robes cause when i first beat malistare i got the life robe

Survivor
May 26, 2009
FYI: here's a little tip i picked up i am not certain if it is true but i believe it is, i heard that it is less likely to get your school items and more common to get a school closer to yours as in death gets life and balance, life gets death and balance, so on like that, my litte tip (i have done this for many of my wizards and it appears to work much better) use an opposite school wizard (i mainly use my balance to get the other school and my death to get balance, this seems to work well)

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
i got a judgement shirt on my first fight with malistare (and a robe of the greatest saga ) But i got boots of the titan from the ice gurtok thing.

(oh btw i am myth so i sold the shirt if anyone was wondering)

Survivor
Nov 26, 2009
I have been playing for roughly 2 months. I am a life wizard as well. I have collected all seven robes. I only got 3 from battling Malistaire. I used crowns to collect the rest. I would reccommend trying to use crowns at Malistaire's chest. I have also gotten the boots from Snowcrusher. It took roughly 3 hours or me to do so. I haven't gotten anything else life so far. I am trying though. :-D If you ever see me, feel free to get a hold of me and we can try together.
Belgrim MoonShade - Grandmaster

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
It's amazing how many times you have to fight certain people. Im a Grandmaster Necromancer and I had to fight Ivan Soulsinger about 50 times to get my last sword. I had to fight Kraysys about 35 times for my boots, and Malistaire about 20 times for my robe.

Thank God I don't have to fight them anymore. Now I just need my ring and the last deck.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have a Grand Master Fire Wizard and have also fought Malistair many times. The only robe I ever got from him was Life Robe. Does me no good. I have never received any good drops from him so what is the point of fighting him if you can't get what you have worked so hard for? I finally got tired of trying. I think you should be able to get what you have earned the first time you battle Malistair. It takes a lot of effort and concentration on to get through a battle with him the first time, let alone having to keep going back just to get the drops for your wizard.

Grand Master Pyromancer Fallon WinterLeaf

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Well, you are tired of hearing this. But it's pure luck. Not:
- "If you use your school's spells, you have a higher drop rate."
- "If you kill them really fast, you will get your item."
- etc.

3 of my characters have full grand gear, include the athame, ring, and deck. It did not take just a couple days. It took a while. Some things I was lucky on. Most things required a good 1 or 2 days of just farming. Farming is a way to make the game last after you have made your character to level 50.

If you fight Malistaire 6 times, you are lucky to receive your robe. I have not counted how many times I have fought him, but it is definitely a 2-digit number.

Malistaire has dropped me numerous copies of all of his robes. Except for storm. The one I need.

The hardest gear for me to get was:
- Kraysys' Unfaithful Cowl
- Deck of the Gallium Paladin
- Shadowcrown's Hurricane Deck*
*80 times, with no exaggeration I've gotten
7 of her wands,
3 of the Silver Sentinel's wands,
7 of Silver Sentinel's decks,
3 Kraken Statues,
and bought a lion mount since all of her loot drops were selling so much, and I was going over the gold limit

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
okay for last 6-8 months that i played wizard 101 as a death wizard named Hunter DeathHeart i beat up malistaire like about 7-10 times his week and i cant get my lvl 50 Death robe every time i kill him so one else get my death robe i am really mad about this that every time i want something for my death wizard i have fight a boss 10-20 and sometimes 30 times to get lvl 50 gear i hope get my death robe some day i have all the lvl 50 gear put my gear i hope they fix this problem

Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
ya it is hard to get Grandmaster Gear. It took me 'bout a whole year on my death grandmaster and a whole 2 weeks for my storm grandmaster but i got all the grand gear now luckily. Oh and anyways if you see me on wizard101 my wizards names are: Noah Stormblade(the storm one) and Andrew Skycatcher(the death one)I'll be happy to help you farm some gear. :)
And on my storm it took me 2 days to get Snowcrusher's hat, 3 days to get Malistaire's robe, 2 days to get spiderkeeper's shoes, 2 days to get the gurtok's athame, and one day to get malistaire's ring.(I use Malistaire's ring on my storm for extra health)

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
dude I know how you can get it, it does not matter what spell but keep casting life spells on him not his minions him try it I i tell you it will work

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
i hate it cause it takes me a while to get the stuff i need
but i get the stuff my brother needs lol funny

~Amber Thunder, Wolf Ghostgiver

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
why are you worried about lvl 50 clothing when it will be obsolete in a month or so when the level cap is raised to 60? Dont waste your time just start a new character.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
4computer wrote:
lisiedawn wrote:
I'm really mad about the level 50 clothes. I've killed Malistaire 6 or 7 times, and he never drops the life robe. I've gotten death 2 or 3 times and storm twice, but never life. How many times do I have to kill him?

And I've killed Viktor Snowcrusher about 20 times, no exaggeration, for the life shoes, and he never drops them.

It's really frustrating that I've been level 50 for almost a month, and I only have 1 piece of level 50 gear. I'm tired of grinding these bosses, especially the ones that take 2 hours each time.

Awe some theres LVL 50 clothes I thought it only went to 45+!!!

I thought when you battle bosses there is a lower chance for getting your school robe !!! I battle Malistaire 22 times NO JOKE i never got my death robe but i got, everything else about 2 times. NEVER GOT THE DEATH ROBE!!!!

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
lisiedawn wrote:
I'm really mad about the level 50 clothes. I've killed Malistaire 6 or 7 times, and he never drops the life robe. I've gotten death 2 or 3 times and storm twice, but never life. How many times do I have to kill him?

And I've killed Viktor Snowcrusher about 20 times, no exaggeration, for the life shoes, and he never drops them.

It's really frustrating that I've been level 50 for almost a month, and I only have 1 piece of level 50 gear. I'm tired of grinding these bosses, especially the ones that take 2 hours each time.

omg me to i am level forty six beat malistarie already and beat w101 but i want the robe cause i gonna level up to fifty soon so i want the life robe so badly from mailistarie so i feel your pain! :(

Explorer
Jun 21, 2009
I am not kidding when I say that I think that people only got what they are not looking for because I got my death robe from malistaire and like ten bala,ce robes and I was really supprised about the death robe but I tried to get my boots and it took like three hours,not kidding,and by that time it was the end of the day so I only have two pieces amd I don't even know where to get my death gear I wish they would tell us

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Guys from the very begging, i dont blame you, i am storm and i've gotten the robe the first time but, i really wanted all the robes so i could sell them all so i had to face him like 20 times, no joke. So i am sorry about what happened. You need to face Malistaire about a maximum of 25 times to get your element robe.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
Saiflu786 wrote:
You know whats strange??? That people keep saying they need his life robe (Malistare's) and ALONG time ago I had gotten it!, It gives a higher damage Centaur, Plus his Fire robe is easy to get, on my first try i keep getting it!

yeah i got mine when i was a level thirty three, lol been in my bank forever

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
Out of luck, my first fight with Malistaire, I got the Death Robes for my Necromancer, I've only fought him once, and I guess I was a lucky one.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
crypticapathy wrote:
why are you worried about lvl 50 clothing when it will be obsolete in a month or so when the level cap is raised to 60? Dont waste your time just start a new character.

I've been playing since mid September 09 and started with Death, I didn't even try malistaire until i had done all quests and crafted a carousel.
I got my death stuff pretty quick after but won't be putting myself through it this time as level 60 is coming.
I totally agree with forgetting the 50 stuff i have 6 characters on the go
Death at 50,
Storm at 49
Balance at 48
Myth at 44
Life at 45
Fire at 12

It's much more fun being able to switch between them and enjoy the game rather than get frustrated over some clothes. I bought all the properties from the shops too and filled them with lots of stuff.

see you all at level 60

Survivor
Feb 24, 2010
lisiedawn wrote:

i have reached level 50 and beat malistare and didn't receive my balance robe and can't seem to find any around for my level i am feeling really left out of the game

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I know that I am very blessed to have farmed for my Balance Robes, Hat, and Boots with no problem. But the ring took me many, many, many battles to get. My biggest problem is my "good sword". The Property Master inside the Labyrinth has it. So in order to farm him, I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get to him. It take far too long to get to that chance and the drop rate is pitiful. I just really want Seth Swifthaven to have the sword that he deserves. Is that so wrong?