Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what happened to defender pig?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
I went and brought a 20$ gift card expecting to get defender pig, but instead I have something else called attacker pig or something silly. What happened to defender pig? I thought that was supposed to come with the 20$ card. That pig I got is pretty useless. I do not need an infection card, I wanted that extra resists. :( I kinda wish I had save my 20$. I already had a 10$ gift card I could have used.

Administrator
Sorry you're not happy with your Battle Pig, the Defender Pig was the previous month's $20 Rite-Aid Gift Card pet.

Each card also offers a limited edition collectible pet available upon redemption. The pets are changed out each month, and they are listed on our Gift Cards Page

The pet you receive depends on when you redeem the card, not when you purchase the card.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
Will there ever be a way to get the defender pig again? Everyone knows how much us wizards love to battle with each other and that 6% resistance can make a big difference. I am a storm wizard and our school health is low so we cannot really use some of the commander gear. The resistance we gain is canceled by the percentage of health we lose. So I was looking forward to having a pet that gives resistance. That is the basic issue I am having. The defender pig is the only pet I have ever seen that gives resistance. The new battle pig pet doesn't compare to the defender pig, so I feel like some people got more for their money. So I am just frustrated because for storm students the defender pig was perfect. I could give up my dryad boots for commander boots and then balance it out with defender pig. So now that I finally earned my commander boots I went to get a defender pig but was shut down.

If not defender pig, it would help out if in the future some pet was made available to the public that also has at least 6% resistance. Otherwise some people will have a flat out permanent advantage, and that does not seem right.