Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tomugawa the Evil. Why is he a solo boss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Hi

I had a quest to defeat Tomugawa the Evil and i cant defeat bosses by myself it kinda hard for me so why can my friend help me? i mean i cant even beat Yochimo (sry about spelling) so why is he solo i dont have any shields only traps and blades so tell me why?

Emily EarthGem
lvl 37 Conjurer

Survivor
Oct 03, 2008
hi

i have NO clue why he is a solo but he really shouldnt right? i cant get past him either and i dont have sheilds ir blades to i think we should get some though that would help!

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
I don't believe there should be solo anythings in W101. I thought this came was supposed to be about co-operation and comradery in the faced of adversity.

Why do we have to do ANYTHING in the game alone?

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Malorn Willowsmith, Balance Wizard, Master Sorcerer, Level 42, Secondary school: Myth.

Worlds completed: Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, and almost done Moo Shu.

I beat it today! (It was my quest too just in case you wondering).

I was so happy I got the pig down that was helping him I put blades and increases on him. The fat pig put a weakness spell on me I used judgement and the effect of spell on somebody with more pips so I used seventh pips and the fat pig which I am eating for breakfast is dead. I used Minotaur on the boss then my Helpful Mander gave me some defenses which were very helpful he used Locust Swarm on that ugly boss. Then I used some elemental blades put it on the boss with a 30% increase blade on him too. lastly I used Hydra a sixth pip balance spell and he was dead no resist to anything but death that is it.

And the pig just resist to storm. I still dont like this being solo most of the time I used a balance spell helping hands on me and forset sprites also some pixies and my health never got below around 900! So I admit this quest does take long you have to be very skilled and I suggest have health like 1,967 and higher you should be a master of your class and try hard with enough effort you will win I finally did it today also this is solo just like Golem Tower so be prepared and warmed up have tons of experience you will need it in Dragonspyre going after Malistare!

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
My best guess solo bosses are so you dont have to reliy on your friends all the time, if you think tomugawa the evil is hard, wait til you face cyrus drake, 5,000 health, and can use minotour, and is a solo boss, i just killed him with my minion, i was only level 40 at the time, i also managed to defeat tomugawa the evil with my minion, so i say just use your minion

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Because sometimes you need to fight bosses alone ...? o_o

Get storm & death shields, kill the minion first you'll do fine :P

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
I'm a storm wizard so the pig resists everything. I can kill the boss but not the pig and my minion just puts shields on its self. Tomugawa is impossible all my friends say he's easy. its because their ice and have a bunch of health!

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
You can try putting all life treasure cards in your deck, i'm gonna try that. that way you cant run out of health. he's solo because its not a dungeon. only dungeons arent solo.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
i have tried and tried and have 2055 health and i am lvl 40 and cant beat him!

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
cherrypop456 wrote:
Hi

I had a quest to defeat Tomugawa the Evil and i cant defeat bosses by myself it kinda hard for me so why can my friend help me? i mean i cant even beat Yochimo (sry about spelling) so why is he solo i dont have any shields only traps and blades so tell me why?

Emily EarthGem
lvl 37 Conjurer

I have no clue either, but from my experience, I never was good at soloing a boss on my x main, Carlos Moonweaver, but I came round lvl 40 and had my minotaur and I, to my surprise, won it with a lot of health left! :D

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
cindybunny wrote:
I'm a storm wizard so the pig resists everything. I can kill the boss but not the pig and my minion just puts shields on its self. Tomugawa is impossible all my friends say he's easy. its because their ice and have a bunch of health!

as a fellow storm wizard, you need to pay attention to who you are fighting in Moo, if the guy is storm stack you deck with prism these cause your storm spells to boost against other storms,

tactic is to cast wildstorm first, then prism the pig, trap the boss then use your kraken on the pig.
blade your self and start wild bolting the boss,
either wild bold will fire or your triton will become available.

i killed him first try as a level 42 with under 1400 health.

kiley dreamflower level 42, master diviner.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Okay, now seriously.
Why is he a solo boss?
I finished wizard city at level 12, so I got to Mooshu at 29. I am now level 35 and I don't have tempest and yeah.
So what do i do? I need to kill him or i say bye bye to Dragonspyre :(

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
CaptainCheese wrote:
Okay, now seriously.
Why is he a solo boss?
I finished wizard city at level 12, so I got to Mooshu at 29. I am now level 35 and I don't have tempest and yeah.
So what do i do? I need to kill him or i say bye bye to Dragonspyre :(

My guess as to what to do is to slow down and proceed at a rate that allows you to compete. This isn't a speed race, and from experience, getting to DS early will feel exactly the same way. Slow down and smell the flowers.

Some people will try and 'beat' the game, whatever that means...a more mature tag for finishing all the main-line and side quests would be 'I experienced all the game could give."

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
He is not a solo boss. I helped my daughter with him when she had to fight him. If your friends don't have that quest or haven't completed it, they won't be able to help. You must have that quest to fight him.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2008
Tomugawa is a solo boss, he was not solo boss until release of Dragonspyre. He is not very hard to beat. All you need to do is visit Wizard City or Krokotopia Library and buy treasure death and storm shields, and that should help you lots with the battle!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
simple. he in spirit realm.
no one is allowed there with you.
i have the quest too.
he so hard. :(:(:(:(:(:(