Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Clothes Dye

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Ok I understand why alot of things are they way they are as far as Money, Buying and selling. But Dyeing your Clothes dont affect anything so I dont understand why It cost so Much. I just wanted to change the shade of White on my Boots and they wanted over 5k. My Wife loves Blue and White and I handed Down my CLothes to her which were Red and White and it would have cost her around 15k to change them. I just dont understand the thinking here.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I decided to change my colors from purple/gold to black/red. I wasn't paying close attention and I spent over 20,000 gold. It never dawned on me it would cost that much.

Yes I know I am an idiot.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Dyeing crown items is incredibly expensive. Why? My first wizard was a death wizard so i got everything as black as i could. I'm almost ashamed to admit, but i purchased pretty much all of the crown gear incrementally all the way up to 45. Once you have completed the bulk of the quests, obtaining money is relatively difficult & or tedious (perhaps repeatable daily quests would help) but also life @ lvl 50 gets kinda boring, so i decided to make another wizard & seeing as i had all the gear i would need all the way up to level 45+ It would be a fast, easy, & fun run for a storm wizard! & it was all aside form 1 thing. All the other storm wizards predominantly wear some shade of purple & yellow, fitting for a powerful storm wizard, all accept once i had dye'd my lvl 5 & lvl 15 black crown gear to the more fitting purples & yellows I WAS BROKE & could not realistically earn the gold to dye anymore of my precious crown gear. Now my main point is this, Why does dyeing crown items cost soo much more gold than dyeing dropped items, i mean i already have a significant investment into these intellectual "crown" properties, why does KI find it necessary to tax me so incomparably? Is there a more lucrative way to obtain gold that i am not aware of, or a cheaper way to re-align my color schemes to compliment my wizard?

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
I found a somewhat less expensive way to change my color scheme. Since the patch KI put in these, what i thought to be useless vanity items. I'm not sure where they come from but I see them in the bazaar. Purchase the item you want to wear regardless of stats, purchase as brown & brown or gold & gold for girls. Now take them to the dye shop & they will dye for about 10% of the cost to dye your crown items depending on the color your using. I was using a dark purple primary & yellow secondary. Now take your items to Eloise Merryweather (Mrs. Zeke) & use the stitching feature new with the latest patch to change the items you want for looks into the item you want for stats. This costs 100 crowns per item. 300 crowns won't even purchase enough gold to dye 1 crown item so, reasonable in cost? yes absolutely but not an viable option for players not privileged to trade intrinsic currency for intellectual currency