Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Players insulting other players. Please ban this w

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Sadly i have been noticing some players using a certain word to insult each other, I dont want to type down the word they are using because that would be inappropriate. I was wondering if one of the admins could tell me a way i could privately tell them the word so the word can get filtered. (Please my little brother plays and i dont want anyone using this word against him)

Administrator
Young Wizard, we have given you the tools to report this player for language.

Simply either click on the player, or the players name in the chat window and the Friends Panel will open. Click Report and enter the reason for the report and word or words they were using.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Report that behavior certainly. But don't expect that text filters will solve your problems. Just as soon as you filter out one word, the kiddies start using a different one. I suggest you have your brother's account set to menu chat only. That will cut down on a lot of the offensive stuff.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
You should definitely report that. Reporting doesn't make you a tattle tale, it makes you a hero for stopping others from doing wrong. I know there are many times I wish I would've stopped other wizards from doing that.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Tell me about it, what I have noticed a bad trend beginning in wizard city.
It goes like this; A female wizard asks for help with her quest,
and if a male wizard helps them, the male wizard somehow thinks that they are now going out (as in dating) and then starts to try
to control them like they are his slaves, The more female wizard friends aka slaves, the male wizard has the more status and respect and popularity (if they are a master asp.)
they seem to get from other male wizards doing the same thing.

If the female wizard ignors or tries to say no thank you or I already have a boy friend, puts them on ignor etc. Then a whole number of things the male wizard could do
such as degrading insults and flames, they spread rumors about making them look even worse and more flames now come from verious other male wizards and impossible to get any help at all for quests in the future.
Other female wizards risk being in the very same spot if they are
caught helping this female wizard too!

I wonder if some of this started in PvP. and has now leaked out into the non PvP areas. cause I hear all the time in PvP threats and flames being
thrown about asp. 'Your dead' remark or dad for the text work around.

There needs to be some kind of easy way to ask and get help with a quest for those who SOLO this game or have very few friends or play when hardly no one is online. with out running into the above situations.
Yes I know there is a report button and KI reads the chat logs
but even that has conequences in maily now you are a 'tattle tail'
and everything thats comes with being marked as one. (this is from
the childs point of view) and believe me NO kids wants that label taped to their heads. :? :(

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
KiansDad wrote:
Report that behavior certainly. But don't expect that text filters will solve your problems. Just as soon as you filter out one word, the kiddies start using a different one. I suggest you have your brother's account set to menu chat only. That will cut down on a lot of the offensive stuff.

Why should he be punished with menu chat for what someone else is doing?

Defender
May 15, 2009
SyphaN wrote:
and believe me NO kids wants that label taped to their heads. :? :(

If one's "popularity" (for being used) is more important than doing the right thing then the problem persists and the child grows, lacking the ability to set and enforce boundaries.

Now is the time to teach these lessons, for what do you think happens in high school and college? (hint: its not about computer gaming)

Survivor
May 24, 2009

It's not a punishment, It is because if his little brother had no text chat, he would not be able to hear the text chat around him.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Khonsu wrote:

It's not a punishment, It is because if his little brother had no text chat, he would not be able to hear the text chat around him.

I thought KI made it possible for menu chat wizards to now be able
to read open chat. IMO you need communication in this game because
you can not solo some areas, menu chat is very very hard to use to get help
with. I think of MMOs and 3D worlds (in general) places to experiment
with lessons in life socialy and try new things. With out the Real Life
consequences. But there still need to be a balance.

Now is the time to teach these lessons, for what do you think happens in high school and college? (hint: its not about computer gaming)

Good point and a good lesson to learn but generaly the younger kids will not realise this until they are a lot farther down the road. It would one battle
in 'what is right and what is wrong' and also against their peers I guess it would take a mighty strong Wizard for sure to stand up
to being labled a 'tattle tail' and all that goes with it, Are You Strong Enough?

Future Wizard city, Wizards of Light Enforcers of the Magic code of conduct.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Not sure if anyone noticed, but I had it pointed out to me. You can report using the txt window, click on the name and thiers will pop up and click report.
You need not say anything, nore respond to thier behavior. Yes I have reported a few that way, one even claimed he could steal my clothes he liked I had on. I am NOT a child, nor do I like kids that act like brats! More parents watching thier children would help more than anything else.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I would like to know what KI does when they receive a "report." How do they determine whether the offending player has violated some "threshhold" and what the punishment is. I am a player, but also a parent of two players, and I definitely report wizards who call me names (using "sounds-like" words in place of curse words) as I don't want my kids subjected to that.