Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

sidewalk trouble

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
I noticed that the sidewalks get smaller on the streets with harder monsters. Shouldn't it be the other way around. And Marleybone has no sidewalks! Sometimes I get sucked in to fights and have to flee which emptys my entire stock of mana. Can someone tell me why and/or fix it.

Administrator
I appreciate your dilemma, however there are no sidewalks on rooftops.

On rooftops, the edges are not the safest, but the middle of the roof is where you need to be. Try running down the middle of the roof to avoid prowling cats and other creatures.

Getting past these types of creatures is all about timing. Keep as far from them as possible and watch their running patterns before you dart out onto the rooftop.

You can do it, it just takes practice.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Survivor
Sep 29, 2008
I hate to admit this Merle Ambrose is telling me to got to Nightside and Marla Stinger is telling me to go Sunken City. Sunken City has sidewalks but sidewalks are not safe! How do you explain that?

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
If you notice the monster guys are usually spaced out pretty evenly. If I can't run down the middle I just run kinda behind one of them. This takes more time because they run at a different pace than our characters but it helps in some areas like newgate prison where there isn't really a middle you just have to run through.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Well I always run INTO the monsters if I walk behind them. Some times they are slower and I have to keep on stopping or too fast to keep up. If they are fast, the monster BEHIND me gets me into the fight. Oh and raymon620, Sunken City is so hard. I run out of health from fights with monsters in like 5 steps.

Defender
Aug 30, 2009
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
zz00 wrote:
Marleybone dosn't have sidewalks!? i'm in BIG trouble.
Not really. Its not as bad as people make it out to be. Walk in the middle and not on the sides. Its safer in the middle. Timing is very important.

Thanks, Kieran