Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Bazaar!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Elik has updated his Bazaar in Olde Town. The new Bazaar allows players to sort items based on name, quantity, school, level and cost.

When you first arrive at the Bazaar, everything will be sorted by name. As you can see from the following picture, there's a yellow arrow under the word 'Name'. Click the word Name to sort from A to Z or Z to A.

If you'd prefer to sort by the quantity of an item, click the top of the column with the # sign. You can sort from high to low, or low to high.

If you'd prefer to sort by level, click the word Level at the top of the column. Again you can sort from high to low, or low to high.

If you'd prefer to sort by school, click the top of the SCH column. A small spiral image indicates the item can be used by any school.

Finally, if you'd prefer to sort by cost you can do so by clicking on the top of the column with the word Cost. You can sort from high to low and low to high.

If you only want to see items that your current character can use at this time, select the Usable checkbox in the lower right corner of the window. This will filter out all items that you cannot currently use due to level or school restrictions.

We all hope that you will find shopping at the new and improved Bazaar an easier and faster experience.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I think that the new Bizzare is great. I enjoyed it and hopefully everyone else did. I think it was much easier.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Personally, I think the new Bazaar is to hard for me to look for suff i like the old one

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
i think its great but it would be better if you could sell all clothes, what is the point of having clothing that you cant wear because its school only? those robes should be able to sell or at least trade to your other wizards

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I still wish that selling my items would at least equal the amount given by NPC dealers. This is not the case, and is still not fixed. Will this actually happen in the future? I want to be able to sell my items for others to use, but it isn't worth it if I can sell to NPC for more gold.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Regarding the new bazaar. Sometimes its best to keep things simple. The old bazaar worked fine. Items were already presorted. Thanks, Kieran

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
I like the new bazaar but it needs more depth, like to be able to set your own prices so that you get exactly what you want from the item and it will take care of the price problem

Explorer
May 09, 2009
Nyar69 wrote:
you should lower some prices in the bazaar. Its a little exspensive.

Its supply and demand; the less quantity of items there are the more it will cost.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
Dockenhimer wrote:
I like the new bazaar but it needs more depth, like to be able to set your own prices so that you get exactly what you want from the item and it will take care of the price problem

Then people would abuse it and sell stuff for crazy prices.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
It would be niftier if we could use multiple filters at the same time. For example set the filters so that you could look for only items that are Fire school AND level 25 and over.

Also, I would like to see the ability to search for items that give an abilty. For example, search for items that give bonus damage to ice spells. I guess that's a little complicated, but it's hard to go through the scores of items that pop up and look at each ones statistics, and quite time consuming.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Which set of prices will be the new standard after the update? Will items sell at current shop or bazaar prices? I recently sold some items and did some comparison shopping. Shop price was 5332 and bazaar price for the same items was 3747. If the shop prices are brought down to match bazaar prices we stand to lose out on a lot of gold. Thanks, Kieran

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Rho170 wrote:
Dockenhimer wrote:

Then people would abuse it and sell stuff for crazy prices.

Actually, you'd have to define "crazy". True, some stuff would carry outrageous price tags, but as long as somebody is willing to pay it, it's not really crazy. I've seen the consignment system in other games, and it seems to work out fairly well -- at least there. I don't really think I'd like to see that sort of thing come to this particular game. The younger players shouldn't have to deal with the volatility that accompanies such a system.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Watchtower boots in brown/brown :
Quantity 2 (refreshed list afterwards to make to make sure they weren't sold out while I was buying, same quantity before and after refresh)
Price: 1663
Character gold: 2481
Error message: transaction not successful.
What's the deal?
(character Benjamin Stormcatcher, ~7:35 AM CST)

Edit:
Veil of sparks, same colours. price: 1728. Approx 6 minutes later, same error.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
cherrypop456 wrote:
Personally, I think the new Bazaar is to hard for me to look for suff i like the old one

me to! it has to load for like ten minutes i hate how they changed it!
but i still like it :D

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I noticed the other day that at least some prices in the Bazaar are equal to the prices the stores sell them for, but then I saw a wand yesterday that was actually selling for more in the Bazaar than at the wand shop.

I was thinking the Bazaar was more of a second hand/pawn shop and as such should at least be a little cheaper than the shops. Definitly should not cost MORE.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
killtyme2 wrote:
Watchtower boots in brown/brown :
Quantity 2 (refreshed list afterwards to make to make sure they weren't sold out while I was buying, same quantity before and after refresh)
Price: 1663
Character gold: 2481
Error message: transaction not successful.
What's the deal?
(character Benjamin Stormcatcher, ~7:35 AM CST)

Edit:
Veil of sparks, same colours. price: 1728. Approx 6 minutes later, same error.

Somebody else bought them first.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
The baazar is great, but it says on the map that there is one in krokotopia .
Is that true?

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
There is one addition I would like to see implemented to the Bazaar (and, in fact, any vendor)...

The ability to purchase items in multiples instead of 1 at a time.

When I go to purchase...say 20 of something, it is kind of a pain to have to click for every single one. Especially if I'm purchasing 20 (or 60 or 80) of 3 to 5 items.

Cronniss Starrmyrr

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
I personally wish wizard would go back to the library having cards, I do NOT like the bazaar, my newest character still fizzles alot so I try and buy keen eyes for her, and you can FORGET finding a cloak card at all, to me its just frustrating as heck to deal with the bazaar and never able to get what you need to play your wizard successfully. I dont how the bazaar is handled on the King Isle end, but wise up, trying to play a wizard without the ability to purchase what you need to do this and enjoy the game, just isn't worth the hassle. :(

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Question on the available items within the Bazaar. . .

Do the items change across servers, or are the items available within the Bazaar from across all servers?

Cronniss Starrmyrr

Administrator
All prices are based on the current stock of items, so shop often for that special bargain, young Wizards! And don't worry, if someone sells an item on Wu Realm, and you're on Pixie, you'll see it in Elik's inventory - he's got all the Realms covered!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-