Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cloudy with a 100% chance of Fizzle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
I was disconnected from the server yesterday around noon while in the middle of a battle with Pike Soulsomethingorother, and when I was able to log into wizard101 again a moment later (our modum had restarted it's self out of the blue) I was in the chamber, though it was empty. I ran out, ran back in, and started Round 2 with good 'ole Pike, but noticed right off the bat that all of my spells were fizzling, even my 100% accuracy ones (shields/fairys).

A friend of mine bailed me out, saving my rump from defeat and humiliation, and I logged out completely hoping it would clear up whatever mess was responsiable for my inaccuracy. When I logged back in I immediately jumpped into a battle with an icy spider and didn't seem to have a problem untill about 5 turns in when all of my spells began fizzling again. Out of friends and out of luck I was defeated and went off to play some mini games to refill my mana. I called it a night hoping the problem would clear off.

This morning I logged in and decided to test the waters in safer territory, and headed to Triton Ave. I joined the multitudes swarming the Kracken and laid a beat down on the poor thing twice in a row with no problems. I headed back to square off with the Tuts once again, and things were good for several battles (I lost count, I'm sorry) before, right in the middle of a battle with a Crusher when I went to cast an absorbtion shield over myself and it fizzled, and once again all my cards were fizzling in succession. This time it was my mother who came to my rescue, and I was able to retreat to the safety of my room after the battle where I'm now waiting the 2 hours to complete my crafting quest.

I'm totally lost as to what's causing this, but I'm hoping a re-install will help. In the mean time this is a bug that deffinately needs squashing, it's very frustrating especially when you're out of friends to call on!

Savanah Rainwhisper

Adept Theurgist
Fizzeler Supreme

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
Defender
Aug 02, 2008
I have 6 wizards and one of them is ICE
I have knotced that Ice has taken a turn for the worst lately.
everything you said above also happened to my level 16 Ice, Myth Wizard
too! Fizzle Fizzle Fizzle Fizzle Fizzle etc.... and YES all in a row, dieing
has become the thing she does best :( sadly to say.
The thing that promted me to go to mr. lincoln (spelling) and buy
all her training points back and start over with a differant type of wizard
is (this is also after I did everything I could to buff her to the hilt with
all crown clothes and best wand athame and ring) All to no avail.
she had almost killed one of the Bosses in the grand chamber it had only
12 life left after fizzling 5 times in a row she finaly got a snowman card
not to fizzle, she had a wand spell and a snow snake card but them the fizzleing started again and was killed, That was it no more Ice wizard
for her. btw she even tried to cast her secondary schools spells all fizzed too. I'm a Solo player and not many are enclined to help you unless they
are also on the same quest or the quest is worth helping, meaning it has a good item drop to be had. other wise everyone runs the other way when ever I Yell out for help.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
Professor/Gamma/Mr. Lincoln would you please address this and soon. My eldest wizard is halfway through DS and a level 47. Decided to take a break and work on crafting. When my baby wizard was going through the Throne Room there was a lot of parchment so decided to solo it and pick up some parchment. First boss battle and I ended up in the commons. I had 2556 health to start with and at least 8 pips some of them power pips, when I died. Fizzle rate was 100% even on my pixies trying to heal and sword hits fizzled which I have never had fail before. Only thing that wasn't fizzling was shields and traps. Grabbed my grandmaster friend and headed back in both of us fizzled out to the playground.