Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

marleybone needs sidewalks!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
i totally agree i mean every where else have it so why doesn't MB.

love you all Jessie Bluegem kiss kiss for you

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
I know rooftops don't have sidewalks but hey.....

I don't LOVE marleybone because you have to kill cats (I take back that i said Marleybone was 1 on my favorite world I put it in number 6), poor kitties, poor cute kittens. Because in real I think cats are the most adorable thing in the world

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009

Marleybone shouldn't get side walks.Not having sidewalks makes it more of a challenge and all games need some challenge in them. I also agree with the people saying that its on roof tops. It wouldn't make sense for you to have sidewalks on rooftops.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Resetti123 wrote:
Think of it this way:

IN REAL LIFE:

To prevent falling off a roof, you would go through the middle.

To prevent being ran over by a car, you'd stay on the sidewalks.

Same in W101.

In W101 you can't fall off of anything. That's how it is with a lot of games. :)

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
IN REAL LIFE they said, not in Wizard 101. That is their lojic and mine about the real life ness of the side walks on the other worlds exept replace cars with what you are fighting they just wanted to make it safe in the middle and the sides so that people like me. I get sucked into battles in WC for goodness sakes patally because im clumsy but that is why I hate no side walks. I also posted my concerns on the WC message board thanks

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
carterma wrote:

Please, this is not bad coding. This is exactly what they intended. One of the primary challenges in Marleybone is learning how to navigate. It is very frustrating at first, but if you take the time, you will adapt to it and it will help you in future worlds (I'm thinking cave of solitude in mooshu). Don't let it frustrate you -- look at it as a learning experience because there is a skill to be learned now. Now, i can run through Marleybone with ease and only get into the fights I want to get in -- even with those dang lightning fast, diagonal running, start/stop clockwork golems. And you will too.

Rapsca11ion wrote:

I am consistently getting stuck in a repetition of pointless battles over and over again in Marleybone. I am getting out of here as soon as I can, the lack of sidewalks on this level has almost led me to cancel my account and leave the game.

This is an excellent example of bad coding, for an hour I was stuck fighting the Feline Scatchers for no quest or reward. An hour and a half to go 20 feet in the game to a tower to enter a dungeon to start the quest.

Whoever designed this level should go through the game at least once to encounter these errors and experience the frustration that is part of Marleybone.

For now i am only to Sherlock Bones to get to Mooshu which I hope is better.
i agree with him/her i made to katzenteins lab bye having some friends letting me port befor i could go and i was lev 5 when that now im 31 and i made it to katensteins lab in a week or 2 8)

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
i just finshed hyde park and so far i think chelsa chort needs side walks the battles get way to anoying and then when i get to a a boss fight i'm way to weak to do anything.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Marleybone is not bad if you slow down just a bit. I have five wizards that have gone through there, and I found out two things:

1. Turn your pet off! Your pet can cause you to get caught while you are running if he is closer to a bad guy than you are! Make sure to turn it back on before a battle if he gives you any special spells or health!

2. SLOW DOWN! Run from grate to grate, staying in the middle of the rooftops, but stop at the grates, and make sure you look behind you before you start moving again to make sure noone is sneaking up. There IS a rythem to how they move!

I did Marleybone solo except for Big Ben with my last 2 wizards and got caught in an unwanted battle only one time, because I was in a hurry! When I help other people, I prefer to be the 'designated runner', as I can get to the destination safer than most of the other people I've been in there with.

Rogan FireHammer - Grandmaster Fire
Blake FireHammer - Grandmaster Death
Angus FireHammer - 36 Myth
Cody EarthHammer - 49 Balance
Rogan MythMancer - 28 Life

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
you are all right we do need some because its hard to get away from the monsters

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
ya that makes me mad when you are on a mission and then you have to get some thing or have to go to the bathroom were are you going to stop in there when there is all the cats and rats and what not and then the robots make me mad cause they run faster than you so you got to kill your self to not get in a fight and get on your way why not make some thing to walk on that they dont go on i mean every place has a side walk but marlybone and it makes me mad

Hero
May 19, 2009
first of all you cant put sidewalks on the roofs, and if you dont want to get caught stay in the middle. second, even if they were to put sidewalks all of you who thought that they should add them would most likely still get caught. getting around the enemies on the roof is just as easy as getting around them on the streets. iam surprized all of you havent somehow found a way to fall off the roofs yet

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
TotalAwesomeness wrote:
I KNOW! It's impossible to get through katzenstein because of all the running enimies! I am so close to Mooshu and dang katzenstein is totally in the way of me getting to it!

Scarlet Moonblade
Level 30 Magus Thaumaturge

Dude, don't blame Katenstien

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
actually guys i know i posted earlier agreeing but now that i finished marleybone its actually my favorite world now (don't hurt me)

if you think about it logically, the side of the roof is dangerous because you'll fall off, but the center is the safest because your not near and edge, hence, not falling off. as for the gearheads they are easy to dodge, if they take some odd patterns, just follow them, and you won't get discovered.

marleybone is a fun world if you do it right.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
i hate Katz lab! .there is no side walks or anything i could easily beat it but i get in stupid fights with gear heads. by the way how far i'm from mooshu A PLACE WITH SIDE WALKS!

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Resetti123 wrote:
Think of it this way:

IN REAL LIFE:

Same in W101.

Yeah. i agree! so you would do the exact! another thing. If you are frustrated about it still what i do is walk then stop behind the enemies. It works most of the time. But you have to be careful when you do this. And what you could do is stop on the ramps where the enemies do not go on it and plan your next route to the next ramp! Guys. It's rooftops i think KingsIsle meant to do this.

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Resetti123 wrote:
Think of it this way:

IN REAL LIFE:

Same in W101.

Ya I totally agree with you also I bet KingsIsle meant to do this to make Marelybone a world to practice navigating around enimies especially when you reach the Cave of Solitude in Mooshu because there's no sidewalks in the Cave.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
WizardPower100 wrote:
carterma wrote:
there are no sidewalks in marleybone because it happens on rooftops. When's the last time you saw sidewalks on roofs? Just learn how to navigate around the monsters. Take your time, watch their movement patterns. Will you get sucked into unwanted battles sometimes? Yes, that's part of the game.
I agree. You never see sidewalks on rooftops. I get stuck in battle with cats and mouses sometimes, so get used to it.

I agree with you guys. I usually watch the running patterns, then when their in a certain spot, I either run down the middle or follow behind them slowly.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Resetti123 wrote:
Think of it this way:

IN REAL LIFE:

Same in W101.

LOL SO TRUE!!!! For all of you who are complaining about no sidewalks, you just have to get use to it. What helped me when i first got to MB was brining a friend who already did it to show me how to run. It is quite helpful and others should try it.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Ok being that I first went to MB w/o really on that lvl to be there..... it was quite fun dodging the bad guys......
that said, now I'm lvl 30 and supposed to be there the baddies like to sneak up on ya more!

SIDEWALKS on ROOFTOPS!?! ha! that's a first, come on people..... good joke though

You will learn how to navigate through the MIDDLE and BEHIND the bay guys as well as WAITING and WATCHING their movements for the BEST way AROUND them! It's all part of the fun and frustration of the game!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I really think marleybone needs sidewalks its so hard to get through

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Hi its Brianna! I have a question. WHY DOESNT MARELYBONE HAVE ANY SIDE WALKS?! ""I mean everytime i go there i always get caught by a stupid rat, cat and gear heads! Its so annoying. I just wish you guys can put sidewalks on in MB! MB is my least favorite place in wizard city :x Iam serious even though were on roofs of buildings! PLEASE DONT THINK I AM STUPID TRYING TO ASK PEOLPLE TO PUT SIDE WALKS IN MB! (my cousin say i am stupid for doing this but i dont care)

Administrator
The answer to this is simple, young Wizards.

The adventure areas of Marleybone take place on the rooftops of the buildings.
There are no sidewalks on rooftops.
When you are on a rooftop, the safest area is NOT the outer edges, but the middle.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
peachtheferret wrote:
hi, destiny here. i was wondering: why is MB the only place without sidewalks? WC, DS, krok, and even mooshu have sidewalks, but in marleybone you have to deftly dodge rats cats and gearheads while making your way to a boss fight! WHY? you could at least put a bunch of wooden planks on the side!
i am with ya buddy :D

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Gamma wrote:
The answer to this is simple, young Wizards.

The adventure areas of Marleybone take place on the rooftops of the buildings.
There are no sidewalks on rooftops.
When you are on a rooftop, the safest area is NOT the outer edges, but the middle.
when i was in marleybone I HATED the fact with NO SIDEWALKS!