Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible Shield Bug/Possible Code Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Hi. This may or may not be a bug.

When I have 2 fire shields cast on me at 80% when foe casts fire spell, both shields gets burned.

When foe A has 2 ice shields cast on him and I cast an ice spell, only 1 of his shields gets burned.

I don't know why this happens, however, it would be fair to the players that either all the shields get burned or just 1 gets burned.
__________________******************_________________________

The foe's are over balanced as they seem to have high level spells of the majority of schools to cast, at will, as well as conversion spells (ice to fire, etc). For instance, a Level 7 Foe has the firebird, cyclops, death/heal spell, & their own school spells. They also seem to have an unlimited supply of shields and charms to cast as well.
__________________******************_________________________

Please look into these. Thanks.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Hi. This may or may not be a bug.

When I have 2 fire shields cast on me at 80% when foe casts fire spell, both shields gets burned.

When foe A has 2 ice shields cast on him and I cast an ice spell, only 1 of his shields gets burned.

I don't know why this happens, however, it would be fair to the players that either all the shields get burned or just 1 gets burned.

The reason both of your shields get burned and the enemy only loses one shield, is because the shields that you have on you are most likely a regular shield and a bonus shield or they are from different schools, and the enemies shields are all from the same school.

I have noticed this same problem many, many times in the game. At first I also thought that it might be some kind of bug. But then I started looking a little closer in my own battles and soon found that, in the above Scenario, in every single case it was because the shields were different in some way.

Either they were from different schools or one of them was a bonus shield from a crowns item or necklace or even from the eye of Bartleby booster packs.

Once I learned this I was able to set my self up to take very little damage from the specific spell. I now use this when playing my Necromancer to better shield myself from the damage effects of my "Sacrifice" healing spell which deals me 250+ damage in return for 700 life and from the heavy damage I would otherwise take from using my "Empower" spell which deals 500 Damage to me in return for three pips.

This has really helped me out Immensely in many of my battles I hope this answers your concerns about this issue.

jdrain
Multi wizard member

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
To add to the above asp. with bosses in Krok and Grizzle.
I was in battle with one of the kings on storm island in Krok
I placed 4 Death traps on him in a row! (I'm a 38 lvl
death - Storm - Balance wizard btw.) Then I cast a Vampire on him
which should have taken all 4 traps and killed the boss king, (I had already killed his minion helper long before) This is what I saw the king only had
214 life left the vampire does around 350 give or take a few points,
so it should have killed him out right and it did or so I thought,
the king dispeared but the battle did not end! The king which was not there but the magic swirls were! and out came storm bats, I took the hit and
fired them right back at the invisable king and then he finaly died.

Whats up with this? one last strike by his ghost? I'm not down playing this I thought it was a fresh surprise.
How ever to back up a little Just 2 of my traps I had set
went off when all 4 should have gone off causing a lot more damage
which was what I was after.

Grizzle I have seen this happen alot more plus when going through the gates to each area and bosses you wizard and pet come out walking
halfway into the ground or you just stand there waiting to get taken through the gate or doorway when it should be instantanous. (spelling)

I was in a battle more than once with 1 to 2 of the other wizards totaly out of their circle displaced to the left and half way into the ground.
I asked them what they saw and they saw me as what I just discribed
to them being, but I saw myself as normal and they saw themselfs as normal too.

Other graphical glitches I have seen all over the spiral like cat tails
floating in the air unreachable, not on this one but Mobs merging together
as one, Mobs not appearing until you pratacly run into them and by then its too late and they tag you.

Soloing Grizzle can not be done even for a grand master.
Ravenscar should be made to enter right after mooshu as well as frostholm,
but Ravenscar would also fit nicely as a sub quest from DS!

I really do not know why Grizzle is for level 20 wizards when
there is no way to complete all of it from starting at that level,
even with help (if you can even find any help ie; this goes for the whole game too.) from other higher up wizards on the bosses in these two areas.
masters are dieing left and right in Ravenscar! I know I was one of them!