Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Such a Dumb Thing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
There is an instance that is in dragonspire that requires you to go down in what is like a golem tower instance. Well if you go back through the door you came in it kicks you out side of the entire instance. I backed up once i entered the room 4 floors down in the instance and it kicked me out side so i had to start all over. I refuse to start over and i will be cancelling my account if it is not fixed with in the next day or so.

The instance is the Tower of War

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
They are all like that. Many of us have done that one time or another when we were careless. :? Should you change you mind and decide to stay, I would just suggest this experience will help to remind you to be more careful in the future.

This has been the case with every instance since the beginning in wizard city. And is also desirable at times since sometimes a player just wants to exit the instance and start over.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Inspired wrote:
They are all like that. Many of us have done that one time or another when we were careless. :? Should you change you mind and decide to stay, I would just suggest this experience will help to remind you to be more careful in the future.

This has been the case with every instance since the beginning in wizard city. And is also desirable at times since sometimes a player just wants to exit the instance and start over.

I have experienced just the oppisite the doors in say the grand chamber
and other places the trigger is set too far out you can not walk past a door
with out getting pulled inside! AND then you go back out again and it sits you right in the middle of the mob! to get instanstly tagged! Grrrrr!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
the same thing happened to me stop getting so worked up over it... its called an accident, stop threatening kings isle, get over it and just do it again...

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
I have been fighting that stupid tower for a couple of days now. I was under the impression that it was a dungeon since we get the dungeon message when teleporting out of the instance. If it is a dungeon, then why, when we go back in, are we having to start over?

Administrator
Gauntlets are special Dungeons. If you leave a gauntlet for any reason it resets. Golem Tower is an example of a gauntlet, and gauntlets do not have the sigils and countdown, or exit warnings of a dungeon.

However you did bring up another issue - let me get this right - walking out a door other than the front is kicking players out of the tower altogether?

If that's so, that's not by design, I'll make sure our technical Wizards know this is happening.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Gauntlets are special Dungeons. If you leave a gauntlet for any reason it resets. Golem Tower is an example of a gauntlet, and gauntlets do not have the sigils and countdown, or exit warnings of a dungeon.

However you did bring up another issue - let me get this right - walking out a door other than the front is kicking players out of the tower altogether?

If that's so, that's not by design, I'll make sure our technical Wizards know this is happening.

If you are on any level and walk to the "up" stairs, you get sent outside and not to the level above.

Off-topic: How many levels does this guantlet have? I am finding it impossible to get past the 3rd or 4th levels because of the lack of potions.

Another question: are you going to be adding more potions? It would be nice if we could purchase 1 or 2 additional potions along the way.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
Let's say it's a five level gauntlet/dungeon/whatever. You have progressed through three areas going in the same direction each time. Now instead you get confused after killing the mobs and go the way you came in. You are kicked all the way out, not just back one area. That's the way they almost all work (intended or not).

It is understandable that this is the way it is, but I think would be okay if changed. Not 100% sure because there is something to be said for a quick way out to restart; of course, you can always quit and be restarted at the beginning. :D

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Miasmax wrote:
There is an instance that is in dragonspire that requires you to go down in what is like a golem tower instance. Well if you go back through the door you came in it kicks you out side of the entire instance. I backed up once i entered the room 4 floors down in the instance and it kicked me out side so i had to start all over. I refuse to start over and i will be cancelling my account if it is not fixed with in the next day or so.

The instance is the Tower of War

You made it all the way to DS without ever knowing this is what happens in towers?

Bye.

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
That's correct, Professor. If you're on the bottom (or top)most level of such a dungeon (for instance Golem Tower), walking out the way you came in will take you completely out of the instance. I always assumed that this was intentional, so that when you're finished with the mission, you don't have to backtrack through all the levels to exit. There are other instances which behave differently. The clock towers in the Royal Museum, for instance, allow you to walk back through each of the levels you visited, presumably so that you can go back and collect wisps.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Yes, if you take the "up" stairs, it will kick you completely out of the tower instead of taking you to the previous level.