Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Depressed in Grizzleheim, Marleybone and Mooshu

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
What is the point?

I am a level 33 Ice Wizard that tries to get the best armor all around the Wizard 101 world, but no matter what I do, I almost beat the bosses.

In Grizzleheim, I teleport to the Bear renegade that ensures my entry into Frostholm, only to lose.

In Marleybone, whether it is the O'Leary's or some other measly quest, I get my rear end handed to me. In the midst of being defeated in some of the quests, people I think that are there to help arrive, another minion shows up, and the help bails.

And in Mooshu, I am on several quests that have need of conquering several of the same minions, but in four turns I am back at the Jade Place area.

When I first started this game, I may have had to go back two or three times to defeat an enemy, but I am getting so depressed and angered that I can't defeat these enemies that I am wondering why I am here.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???????????????

Timothy Pearlflower
Level 33 Ice Wizard
Student of Greyrose

Survivor
May 17, 2009
You can't be serious. If you're not doing these things with friends, THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM! If you have to do a quest and go there only to find that there's no sigils, here's the trick, you get a friend or two to help you, one person goes in, then the other(s) teleport to the person in there, and viola you can do it together. Trust me, I'm level 30, and i had no problems with with MB (well except katzenstein which i still haven't finished lol) well i guess had isn't the correct term since i still have to do katzenstein, counterweights, and big ben...lol ;)

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I have the same problem on my storm wizard, but it is because I fizzle a lot and I have low health. I had no problem with my first wizard, and she is ice. I think you should put more shields in your deck, or get friends to help like TotalAwesomeness mentioned. Don't feel depressed, just hang in there! :-D

Survivor
Sep 02, 2008
I waited a little until all my friends were grandmasters and that made it as easy as 1,2,3

Survivor
May 22, 2009
It really depends on your deck and your gear. I hear Ice students are all about endurance, out lasting the other guy, so you might want to go heavy in the defense and health areas, and maybe pick up Life or Death as a second school for the healing bonus.

In Grizzleheim friends are a MUST, I'm a level 39 Life student and am still getting various parts of my anatomy handed to me by the level 30 quest objectives, I think the quest 'Healing Helping' is going to be in my log forever.

Marleybone is a pain in the neck, but it's not all together un-soloable, and at level 33 you're probebly best off there. Mooshu was really designed for wizards level 35 and over, which may be why you're having so much trouble there.

Stick it out, it's tough, you're in a slump, but eventually you'll make it out :-)

Savannah Rainwhisper
Magus Theurgest

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
To everyone that answered, I am now a level 44 Ice Wizard and have a sage deck level 45, and have been working on the Thunderchill Quest. In Marleybone I have helped assist several people in finishing Big Ben, but I never am allowed to go to Mooshu because I have not been able to finish Katz Lab.

Only once have I been able to get to Katz Lab, but after I did one of my friends abandoned me to the quest, and while I did finish off Katz' assistant, I lost as Katz killed me when he had half of his life points.

In Grizzleheim I have the Frostholm quest to talk to Ivan, but am killed on the way to the allies that get offended at the blueberries.

In Dragonpyre, I am having trouble getting or putting the key at the top of the tower.

Timothy Pearlflower
Level 44 Ice Wizard

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
First remember, this is only a game and is meant to be fun. Please don't take this too seriously. It is not meant to make you depress.

If you haven't chosen your second school yet, maybe consider life. Get all the healing spells, but don't go any further than those. You won't really need them. Next go to Krok and see the tree. I think he is on krokosphynx. Get the blades and shields from him. They will help boost your traps and spells. If you still have training points, try getting the fient spell from Death. Any points after that, go see the girl in wizard city, by the games area. She carries protective shields. Get the ones you don't have.

Since Ice has pretty strong spells, get plenty of life t-cards, and protective shields, also get target or accuracy cards to help increase your spells accuracy.

Check your gear and clothing. Make sure you have the best you possibly can. If you know you are fighting a boss that you need a lot of health to stay alive, make sure your gear shows that. Don't forget to use your globe thingy (sorry can't remember what it is called). It puts you in something like a bubble. That will help increase your spells.

Use your minions. I am not familiar with the Ice minion, but even if he only stuns your enemies, that will give you additional time to attack or heal, so make sure you use them.

If you look at each creature you can find what their speciality is, ie storm, myth, life, etc. Use spells that will do the most damage on them if you have the cards, ie for storm it would be myth, life death, ice/fire. If you are fighting ice, make sure you use your conversion cards.

Ask for help when you need it.

The most important thing to remember - HAVE FUN. :-P

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
First remember, this is only a game and is meant to be fun. Please don't take this too seriously. It is not meant to make you depress.

If you haven't chosen your second school yet, maybe consider life. Get all the healing spells, but don't go any further than those. You won't really need them. Next go to Krok and see the tree. I think he is on krokosphynx. Get the blades and shields from him. They will help boost your traps and spells. If you still have training points, try getting the fient spell from Death. Any points after that, go see the girl in wizard city, by the games area. She carries protective shields. Get the ones you don't have.

Since Ice has pretty strong spells, get plenty of life t-cards, and protective shields, also get target or accuracy cards to help increase your spells accuracy.

Check your gear and clothing. Make sure you have the best you possibly can. If you know you are fighting a boss that you need a lot of health to stay alive, make sure your gear shows that. Don't forget to use your globe thingy (sorry can't remember what it is called). It puts you in something like a bubble. That will help increase your spells.

Use your minions. I am not familiar with the Ice minion, but even if he only stuns your enemies, that will give you additional time to attack or heal, so make sure you use them.

If you look at each creature you can find what their speciality is, ie storm, myth, life, etc. Use spells that will do the most damage on them if you have the cards, ie for storm it would be myth, life death, ice/fire. If you are fighting ice, make sure you use your conversion cards.

what is a minion is it like a living puppet i saw one before plz reply as soon as possible

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
jenyfiregirl wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

what is a minion is it like a living puppet i saw one before plz reply as soon as possible
a minion: Minion is a spell which you use to summon some type of minion that can help you battle with a enemy.It can use all the spells that you could normally use at whatever level it is. For example, the life schools minion is a fairy, I think the balence school has a wooden puppet, and im not sure about the other schools.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
:( i need help with bosses if you are life and you have friends join you who kills the bosses you are them if its your quest like in grizzleheim please help me thanks

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009

you need to do the side quest if you havnt done the i will under stand i have a lvl 35 in dragonspyer

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
I just have one question

how are you in marleybone AND mooshu if you need to beat marleybone to get to mooshu.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
its IMPOSSIBLE to finish this game without the help of friends! GET SOME! tip: you want friends that are either just a few levels behind you, the same level as you, or more advanced than you. just so your friends arent noobs

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
willwolf64 wrote:
its IMPOSSIBLE to finish this game without the help of friends! GET SOME! tip: you want friends that are either just a few levels behind you, the same level as you, or more advanced than you. just so your friends arent noobs

Special tip. this is how I finish any dungeon:

1. take your time. you are not timed in how quickly you complete each quest.

2. Do your side quests first. Maybe wait till you gain a level to take on the hard dungeons

3. If you help a friend make sure they know they have to help you. If they continue to ditch you. Ditch them or take them off your friend list. They need to know if you are going to help them they have to return the favor.

4. Mark a spot in the dungeon. If you die your spot is marked and you can go back in and continue fighting. That is what I always do. If you don't mark a transport spot, sure you have to start over. But if you have a place marked you don't have to start over. I have been known to mark a spot so I could go heal and then pounce back in. As long as you are back in within the 30 minute time limit you are fine. IT doesn't take 30 minutes to heal or recharge. Also don't log off if you leave the dungeon.

5. If you are low on energy after you have marked a spot go recharge. You have a thirty minute time limit. But remember Mark a spot in the dungeon. If you mark a spot you can solo just about any dungeon easily. Btw another tip. Most Bosses minions don't regenerate if you kill them before you die, which leaves you only the boss and makes for an easier kill. So don't fret if you die shortly after you kill a minion. You just made it easier for yourself. The only place I know if in Marlybone where minions regenerate is the counterclock towers.

6. If you have the crowns buy yourself some henchmen. They kept me from dying in Dragonspyre! I am yet to die there thanks to my Henchmen!

7. Take advantage of your minion spell if you have your minion!!!!!

The advice I have given you should help you quit a bit!!!! And you should be able to solo Kaz's Lab with no issue now. The tips are fool proof!

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:

Life Students get the best healing spells ever. Anyone's best bet would be to either get all the healing spells from Moolinda Wu or hook up with a Theurgist. Trust me I have a few good healing spells of my own, my Satyr, and regenarate do awesome especially if I have my guiding light shield up. Now I know that those are not the only healing spells that a Theurgist will get by any means, but they do wonders. That and my Cenatur can do well in attack points if the right shields are up. The best thing to do is like above says...HAVE FUN!!

Alexandria Dragonhaven
Master Theurgist (level 42)

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Oxnhorse wrote:

Only once have I been able to get to Katz Lab, but after I did one of my friends abandoned me to the quest, and while I did finish off Katz' assistant, I lost as Katz killed me when he had half of his life points.

In Grizzleheim I have the Frostholm quest to talk to Ivan, but am killed on the way to the allies that get offended at the blueberries.

Timothy Pearlflower
Level 44 Ice Wizard

Katz lab and especially Frostholm are tough dungeons which you should get reliable help from friends when you do them. The clock tower in MB is tough for ice wizards too unless you have good help.
Forget Dragonspyre until you finish MB and Mooshu, there is no benefit to going there early. Repeat some dungeons in Mooshu if you need the experience for level 45.

That being said, my first wizard was Ice and I think Ice wizards can be very strong when played with a good strategy. Ice gets the best equipment in the game so take advantage of it and buy top shelf stuff at the bazaar, you should have 3000 plus heath by now. Get equipment that gives high health, attack bonus, and either accuracy or defense bonus.
You definitely need a (non-ice) sword or two with a power pip bonus, preferably fire.

You have your Ice blade now and should always use it. Also get the Balance blade (And balance trap) from the balance tree in Kropotopia if you don't already have it. Buy "tough" treasure cards and use them with Blizzard and both your blades - this is very effective against all enemies except maybe some bosses or ice enemies.

Stack your deck heavy with blades and some traps so you can multiply damage and end battles faster. Drop all the useless spells out of your deck. My deck was like 5 blade, 4 trap, 3 balance blade, 2 balance trap, 5 blizzard, 3 ice wyvern. Then maybe 2 collosus, 2 tower shield, 2 other shield depending on who I was fighting. (I hardly ever used or needed my fairy or my storm spells.) Then for bosses add some more ice wyvern or collosus. For treasure cards load Tough cards, and maybe some non-ice attack spells if you are fighting an ice boss.
Now does that deck work for every battle? No obviously but it illustrates the point that what you want to do is Hit them STRONG with blizzard (With 2 blades and a tough card), them finish them with another blizzard or a single attack spell. Heal after the battle, only use shields if you are going to be in a long battle or you need to build your pips up.
Use your sword to knock off a minus spell, but only if there is one on you - if there are two or more then ignore them.

I'm sure you get past this and eventually finish the game if you stick with it. In the process you will become a much better player. If you get stuck at certain points call friends for help or even buy a henchman at the crown shop. You can post at Wizard101central for an in game meet up if you have trouble finding help in the game. There are plenty of GM wizards that will help you through the tough parts.

Good lUck.