Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Got any good strategies? Put em here

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Got any good Strategies? Post them here! Here is an example (for death only):

before you use feint, make sure you put a death shield on yourself, and you have at least 3 pips on you. after feint is used,use sacrifice right away, if nobody has triggered it already. that will keep you safe.

i know this strategy is obvious to a lot, but i was just using that as an example.
A real good strategy for fighting jade oni is for a death wiz and balance wiz to fight him together; i once did over 6000 damage with 1 wraith.
plz post good strategies :-)

note: I have a grandmaster death character and fire character, just so you know

Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
i got a great fire strategy to use:
you need to put all the blades and traps up (of course) but then put a fire shield up then use immolate. one time i used all that stuff plus more and it hit the enemy for over fifteen hundred!
trust me it works!
paul fireward, master pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
i got one when a creature puts a weakness on you use a zero rank attack spell

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
I got another strategy but its a long one:

Wildbolt only has 10% accuracy, so what you do is get another storm character a balance character and a death character in the same battle with you. Here is what would happen next:

You use lighting strike but pass untill you ready to unleash wildbolt. Balance friend uses Precision. Other storm puts a bubble up, uses windstorm, storm trap and storm blade. Balance dude uses balance blade, elemental blade, elemental trap and hex. Death dude puts up feint and curse. If your wildbolt dont fizzle-- BOOM!!! --INSTANT KILL!

Heres the math (i take courtesy of doing it for you aint i nice)

Darkwind: 25%
Windstorm: 20%
Storm Trap+Blade: 60%
Balanceblade+Hex: 55%
Elemental blade/Trap: 60%
Feint+Curse: 90%
Total %: 310%
Total Wyldbold damage: Over 3,000 damage at least!!!!!!!!!!!

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
i did a 8,098 damage to a storm boss.

only had spirit blade (myth type)
my own myth blade

myth trap
spirit trap (myth type)

feint 2x

field card +25 myth

then i used ninja pigs i killed that boss with 8,000 in dragonspyr

i had blance shield of storm and fire so basically i owned him. with remove negative effects i got rid of my feint on me so he couldn't hit me with +70

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
well if someone cast feint if your a myth player you can remove it with remove negative shield

this also applies in luring your opponent to attack.. but you remove it thus leaving them with feint and not you

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
one good stratigy that i use a lot on my fire character that does like fifteen or sixteen hundered damage ( depending on strength %) is this:
firstly you need to be at least lv 25 to do it my way, although there is another way to do it. first you put up the spell fireblade, which increases next flame strength attack by 35% on yourself. next you use the spell fire trap ( increases next fire strength attack on the enemy by 25%) on the enemy you want dead, then you put up a fire shield (-80% works best) on yourself, then use the spell wyldfire and wait untill you have 4 pips again. then use the spell immoliate and it will only cost you about 110 damage, depending on you flame resistance level, then KABOOM! it does 1500 to 1600 to the enemy.
your welcome fellow pyromancers.
Gavin Icehammer lv 26 pyromancer.

Defender
May 29, 2009

A good PVP strategy is to use immolate (or sacrifice) to remove traps from yourself. It seems a lot of people in PVP want to kill you with a one time shot. That means not only do they have to blade up, they have to put multiple traps on you. Everyone does feint which does big damage; but a lot of people also do hex and curse.

Once I get feint on me and my opponent has one or two other buffs (blades, traps, etc). I'll cast a fire shield (if I haven't already) and immolate. It'll do damage to them, but more importantly, you've set off the traps yourself with a lower hitting spell and a shield against it. That usually means they spend a few rounds trying to reset those traps again. At only 4 pips, it's a pretty inexpensive way to mess up your opponent's attack strategy.

tunerpw wrote:
i got a great fire strategy to use:
you need to put all the blades and traps up (of course) but then put a fire shield up then use immolate. one time i used all that stuff plus more and it hit the enemy for over fifteen hundred!
trust me it works!
paul fireward, master pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
the best strategy is to load a balanced deck of zero cast and other spells
any turn you have to pass is a wasted turn
which is better? to do 8000 damage to a 600 life creature after 10 turns of boosting? or doing 650 to it in 3 turns of casting every turn?
dont get hung up on the max damage syndrome

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
one other good strategy i've found works well for death wizards ( I part death and got death friends) is to use deathblade then deathtrap and
then finally to use the spell vampire. it does around 800 damage and gives about 400 back. it's kinda like pixie but hurts your opponet for a decent amount of damage and gives you the 400 like pixie does.

Gavin Icehammer,
Lv 27 pyromancer.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I got a good one, but you have to be level 8 and up. Well first I use Glaciel Shield. Then I use Fireblade, wich leaves me with three pips. Then I summen a Fire Elf. Then I summen a Scorpion. After that I use most of my treasure cards and some Fire Elfs. Hope this helps.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
this usually works with any school first you get three pips then cast a two pip spell then you get another pip so then you can cast another two pip spell

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
only reason why i went to 8,000 damage was it only took 9 turns to kill a boss that was 8,000 hp it was not just a regular monster...

for regular monsters i just

myth blade and spirit blade then earthquake to kill off my foes.. for dragonspire i myth trap both monsters and field change with myth blade and spirit blade to kill them off.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Here's my strategy:

1.I use storm trap.
2.I use fire blade.
3.I use fire trap.
4.I use one of these:Heckhound,meteor strike,kraken,or the occasional centaur. :-o :-o :-o :-o

Wolf Lv.18 Pyromancer

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
i got one for storm wizards only:

this may involve some math

ok so first you want to use a triton. now follow these things

1.use storm blade=30
2.use storm trap(enchanted)=35
3.use regular storm trap=25
4.use the elemental blade=35(storm)
5.use the darkwind=20
6.use the elemental trap=25(storm)

total=145+

probaly damage around 7000 or on myth mabye 8500 lol idk

find me around wc alot padric wildbane lvl 46 storm :) :D see ya on the spiral persons!

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Other than the original poster, I haven't seen a single strategy suggested here. We all know about blades and traps and that it is best to use them before casting your attack card. Heck, some of your "suggestions" require another wizard of a particular school to be with you.

#1) carry a wand of both your school and the school of your opposite. Always use the school of your opposite except when you are fighting a creature from the school of your opposite (if you're elemental, then also equip it when fighting balance. I.E., if you are Storm, you will primarily use a Myth wand, and switch to your Storm wand when fighting Myth and Balance.

#2) Carry 2 decks. The first deck is your regular deck and you will use it as you normally would. The second deck you will set up for when you are fighting monsters of your school. You will have the max prisms you can put in there, as well as the single shield protection from your school. If you are Fire, do not put any DoT spells in this deck. No aura cards as well, as they will also increase the damage your opponent does as well.

#3) Run down to the bazaar and purchase 10+ treasure cards of your school's prisms. Put most of them in the sideboard of your second deck. That way, with a simple discard, you can get a prism card whenever you need to use one, without having to wait for the deck dealer to give you one. Put 3 in the sideboard of your regular deck as well, since you'll never know when a wandering monster of your school decides to enter your street battles.

#4) purchase the 4 necklaces that gives 3 shields. Buy one each of Fire, Storm, Ice and Myth. Before entering a boss battle, equip the necklace of whatever school he may be. This gives you 3 additional shields to protect you and they don't take up space in your deck.

#5) By the time you are level 25, start removing attack cards from other schools from your deck. By this point, you need to start concentrating only on your school cards for attacking ... they are the only ones that get boosts from your school's blades, traps and auras, any damage boosts you get from your equipment, plus power pips. Have only cards from other schools that help in your defense, or improving your school attacks (i.e., shields, Nile's blades and traps, feint).

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
Other than the original poster, I haven't seen a single strategy suggested here. We all know about blades and traps and that it is best to use them before casting your attack card. Heck, some of your "suggestions" require another wizard of a particular school to be with you.

#1) carry a wand of both your school and the school of your opposite. Always use the school of your opposite except when you are fighting a creature from the school of your opposite (if you're elemental, then also equip it when fighting balance. I.E., if you are Storm, you will primarily use a Myth wand, and switch to your Storm wand when fighting Myth and Balance.

#2) Carry 2 decks. The first deck is your regular deck and you will use it as you normally would. The second deck you will set up for when you are fighting monsters of your school. You will have the max prisms you can put in there, as well as the single shield protection from your school. If you are Fire, do not put any DoT spells in this deck. No aura cards as well, as they will also increase the damage your opponent does as well.

#3) Run down to the bazaar and purchase 10+ treasure cards of your school's prisms. Put most of them in the sideboard of your second deck. That way, with a simple discard, you can get a prism card whenever you need to use one, without having to wait for the deck dealer to give you one. Put 3 in the sideboard of your regular deck as well, since you'll never know when a wandering monster of your school decides to enter your street battles.

#4) purchase the 4 necklaces that gives 3 shields. Buy one each of Fire, Storm, Ice and Myth. Before entering a boss battle, equip the necklace of whatever school he may be. This gives you 3 additional shields to protect you and they don't take up space in your deck.

#5) By the time you are level 25, start removing attack cards from other schools from your deck. By this point, you need to start concentrating only on your school cards for attacking ... they are the only ones that get boosts from your school's blades, traps and auras, any damage boosts you get from your equipment, plus power pips. Have only cards from other schools that help in your defense, or improving your school attacks (i.e., shields, Nile's blades and traps, feint).

I use the strategy except for the amulet. When fighting with a group, I always shake my head in resignation when someone uses a six pip out of school spell, especially when most of their pips are power pips. What a waste of pips.

I have taken Life, Balance, Fire, and Myth to grandmasters.

For all i keep prisms as treasure cards. With life I use a death wand. This removes the death shields life enemies love to use. Since Death enemies doesn't use Life shield, there is no need to use a life wand.

With Balance, i tend to use the non-elemental damage spells against the elemental enemies. This prevents getting the 'wrong' element with spectral blast.

I did not make a good fire wizard. I did use a lot of the DoT against ice enemies to prevent tower shields.

As for Myth. Prisms are your friends when it comes to the double hits. If you trap then add a prism, the trap is saved for the larger hit. Your minions are also your friends. Work with them, not against them.

Right now I am working on an ice wizard. The one strategy i have learned that i find very important is to buy keen eye treasure cards and use them to enchant the steal ward card. I then keep them in my treasure card sideboard to take out when need, especially when fighting fire.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:

I completely agree. You've pretty much written a concise users guide to efficient and successful play in wizard101. I do everything you mentioned except for the shield necklace, as I prefer to pack some shields and wear a necklace that gives me an extra high level attack card for my school. Also, if you don't mind taking time before entering a big battle to alter your deck, you don't necessarily have to have a second deck. It's a very good idea to do so, however. It's something I do as well.

Aside from that, however, your strategies are a must if you want to play well. The best suggestions being the opposite wand and treasure card prisms (neither are an issue for balance wizards, but they're vitally important for everyone else). The wand is obvious, as it keeps you from wasting your attack boosts while allowing you to get rid of weakness or spells that lower your accuracy. It also takes down shields that can get in the way of your prisms.

As for the prisms themselves, I've told many people to buy treasure card prisms and put them in their sideboard. I can't tell you how many times I've ended up in battles with someone fighting an enemy of the same school, only to hear them say they forgot to pack their prisms. Treasure card prisms stocked in the sideboard solve this big problem. It can also be a lifesaver when you have packed the max amount of prisms, but have trouble getting them to come up. My sideboard tends to consist of four healing cards and a bunch of prisms. If I'm going up against an enemy I'm not particularly well shielded against, I may add a few shield treasure cards too.