Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loot Distribution: Random Drops or Distribution Sy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
A lot of friends have been saying recently that they wouldn't like me to accompany them on a trip to fight malistare cause as they say ' With you here our drops aren't any good. ' The reason I would like to know is so that just cause I'm a storm wizard and I hit rather high with enough buffs they say that I get the loot cause I make the big hits. Now I would like to know if this is true. My guess is no but I want to be clear. The reason I say no is the other day I hit malistare above 10,000 but only earned Box of Chickens.
Maybe once this is cleared up they will once again let me accompany them on the trip.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I have seen several boss fights with friends where the hardest hitter didn't get the best item. From the data I've seen, my guess is that it is percentage based and each person gets their own chance.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
I have seen several boss fights with friends where the hardest hitter didn't get the best item. From the data I've seen, my guess is that it is percentage based and each person gets their own chance.

yah i agree on the high hit thing, i have tried one hitting a boss with a overkill for something but it didn't work, i did 4800 damage on a boss with 1800 health, most of the time i get them just randomly but who knows.

I would like to see prof. greyrose to comment telling us how it works.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I see, Thanks Mike. There seems to be a random system I would think. I have heard though in malistares lair that certain spots get certain drops, That true?