Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drops and XP for PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Some people dont play PVP as much because they are more concerned about getting money or XP instead. In my opinion they should have one of these three options:

1: Also get XP for ranked duels.
2: Get random drops from ranked duels.
3: A third PVP mode called Survival of The Fittest. This mode would feature a big room where a maximum of about 30 players would roam around a room about as big as one of the three main streets in wizard city. Players could form alliances by using the group system so they could always stick together in fights, and battle other groups or single players roaming through this room. And unlike the other two modes, if a team won they would get the enemy's equipment. Taking the third least expensive (or rare) item on the team, from the player, and giving a copy of it to each player on the winning team. There would be a warning message before you entered, like dungeons, except saying that you may lose items when you enter. Please post if you have add-ons, take-outs, compliments, or complaints, and hey, maybe if enough people like the idea, KingsIsle could actually add it to PVP :D !
(As you can tell choice three is my favorite choice)

Have fun on the forums,
and salutations from ,
Alex FirePyre Level 36 Pyromancer/Necromancer

Explorer
May 31, 2008
this might make it like raids, but i LOVE the idea, it would be just like the street battle settings - you find your opponenent, walk up to them, and then challenge them.

Crown items must NOT be able to be given away or won through this. Perhaps only the winner of the tournament would recieve crown gear.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
good idea the only thing i get from pvp is tickets and the items aren't even tradeable. it would be nice to make some money and get some exp from dueling.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I think it would be interesting seeing all three of those added to the game. Great suggestions.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2008
I like it. Each player can be summoned to fight like running into a monster. You could have others join in as well.

I'd play it. Of course, you might need to specify minimum/maximum levels to make fair contests.

Winner gets crafting supplies or gold.

As always, players want to show off how many times they win to the world if they are good. There should be some kind of record for those people.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
dadsaw56 wrote:
Some people dont play PVP as much because they are more concerned about getting money or XP instead. In my opinion they should have one of these three options:

3: A third PVP mode called Survival of The Fittest. This mode would feature a big room where a maximum of about 30 players would roam around a room about as big as one of the three main streets in wizard city. Players could form alliances by using the group system so they could always stick together in fights, and battle other groups or single players roaming through this room. And unlike the other two modes, if a team won they would get the enemy's equipment. Taking the third least expensive (or rare) item on the team, from the player, and giving a copy of it to each player on the winning team. There would be a warning message before you entered, like dungeons, except saying that you may lose items when you enter. Please post if you have add-ons, take-outs, compliments, or complaints, and hey, maybe if enough people like the idea, KingsIsle could actually add it to PVP :D !

Have fun on the forums,
and salutations from ,
Great idea you got that idea from runescape though and plus they will have to edit the cobat circles there so when you walk up to player you will be pulled in but the thing is how does your team join your team without going to the other but that Survial game would like last a hour so you should get all the stuff you player had no not really jk and like the No trade or acution thing like for certain items that a player caries it should be considered has No Drop as in you wont Drop it but i like the idea

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I like the concept; however, you shouldn't drop your own gear. Just be awarded small stuff like crafting supplies or gold. Definitely wouldn't play that to lose my gear. Even if I was one of the best PvPers, there's always that chance to lose my gear, I wouldn't want to play it. :(

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
I would love something like this, just if the reward was exp. For me, after I went through all of the various worlds with my first character, questing is boring. IMO, leveling is the worst part of any game. PvP is the one reason I play online games.

But, the idea of losing items (I think it sounded like that) sounds too RuneScape for me.

Being rewarded exp would be great though, who cares about crafting items.

Thumbs up for most of this post.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
dadsaw56 wrote:

Have fun on the forums,
and salutations from ,

I like your idea about the roaming around the streets fighting other players and forming groups But i think that they should be at certain times like on the log in screen it would say Survival of the fittest status next match at ***** eastern time or whatever but yeah good idea