Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scrap Iron -- Where I Have Found It

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I was able to find the 50 pieces of Scrap Iron required for the Marleybone crafting quest and here's where -- I found it in Knight's Court at Amy Brook's place. I would hop the different realms, starting with the "perfect" ones, and in about half the cases it was there.

I would try to do this earlier in the morning, before there was too much traffic.

Since you have to kill a minute before you can go from one realm to the next, I would spend the time going from Amy Brook's place to Catherine Dalton, and would usually find a silver chest, wooden chest, stone blocks or mistwood along the way. By the time you get back to Amy Brooks' place, the minute has elapsed and you can switch to the next realm.

Using this method, it probably took me about 3 or 4 days to collect all the pieces I needed.

Hope this helps.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Finding it is one thing, having it show up in your inventory is another. I spent time tonight realm hopping to collect scrap iron. I didn't find a whole lot, only about 6 piles for a total of about 10 pieces. BUT - according to my inventory, I only have two pieces. I was talking this over with one of my friends and they said they were experiencing the same problem.

It isn't fun realm hopping for near impossible to find items, but to then have it be all for nothing really takes the wind out of your sails.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
cms10580 wrote:
I was able to find the 50 pieces of Scrap Iron required for the Marleybone crafting quest and here's where -- I found it in Knight's Court at Amy Brook's place. I would hop the different realms, starting with the "perfect" ones, and in about half the cases it was there.

I would try to do this earlier in the morning, before there was too much traffic.

Since you have to kill a minute before you can go from one realm to the next, I would spend the time going from Amy Brook's place to Catherine Dalton, and would usually find a silver chest, wooden chest, stone blocks or mistwood along the way. By the time you get back to Amy Brooks' place, the minute has elapsed and you can switch to the next realm.

Using this method, it probably took me about 3 or 4 days to collect all the pieces I needed.

Hope this helps.

Great method but you must have been lucky because i've tried this about a 1000 times and i've only found about 5 pieces

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
crusher2488 wrote:
Finding it is one thing, having it show up in your inventory is another. I spent time tonight realm hopping to collect scrap iron. I didn't find a whole lot, only about 6 piles for a total of about 10 pieces. BUT - according to my inventory, I only have two pieces. I was talking this over with one of my friends and they said they were experiencing the same problem.

It isn't fun realm hopping for near impossible to find items, but to then have it be all for nothing really takes the wind out of your sails.

Make sure you have room in your inventory. I believe it is set at 999 but haven't seen it posted. Sell the common items you don't need.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Kaygem wrote:
Great method but you must have been lucky because i've tried this about a 1000 times and i've only found about 5 pieces

For this to work you have to be on at minimum player times (4am-6am eastern) otherwise you run into west coasters on late or early risers in the east.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I found a couple pieces somewhere but i fogot but i'm going to look in knight's court 8)

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
cms10580 wrote:

Hope this helps.

I actually just tried this method tonight and it worked GREAT. I started about 3:30AM when the population was "Perfect" on all realms except Ambrose and worked my way through each one, making the round you stated between Amy Brooks' place and Catherine Dalton and ended up collecting nearly 30 pieces. I had 2 pieces to start with and ended up with 28, so I got 26 pieces from this cycle. I think the entire thing took only around 35 minutes, so it's a pretty solid route to take. If I'd tried it in the middle of the day when all the kiddies are on and most realms are at "Normal" or worse population, it wouldn't have been as successful, but the time of day had a huge effect on the results.

Thanks for the great tip, it's really helped me out. :) Now if the cooldowns weren't quite so long.... LOL

At least I have enough Scrap Iron now to craft 3 pieces that I need for the quest, and if I'm able to do the same route with the same success rate tomorrow night, I'll be set to finish my quest pretty quickly. I was starting to think I'd never get it finished!

THANK YOU! :D

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
if you are really after scrap iron then i recommend going to near the end of chelsea court. near the end of it there is an off to the side rooftop that no monsters reach but there are usually at least one scrap iron spawn there and sometimes up to 3. Also a trick for getting scrap iron here is to use crowded worlds since people avoid scavnging for crafting items on these worlds. O and on a final note the rooftop i am talking about is the one closest to then end and to the left. the scrap iron there isnt in plain sight so look for it, it wont be hard :?

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Kaygem wrote:
cms10580 wrote:

Hope this helps.

here is a tip go to knights court and run back and forth between the black widow tower and the main clock tower where the scracher guy is there is a carfting guy standing in front of a bunch of switches run around it to check for scrap iron, also on your way to the black widow tower there are a few crates near the clock tower check behind the last one it can be there too. do this right and there are a total of 5 scrap iron spawn locations on the route.