Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Springs -- What is the deal??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I'm posting this to see if anyone else is having the same problem I am ...

The Wiz 101 Wiki page states that Springs are to be found with Scrap Iron and that they are rare.

Well, I completed the Marleybone crafting quest, which required me to harvest 50 pieces of Scrap Iron, and then harvested an additional 20 or so pieces of Scrap Iron for another item. (see separate post about where to find scrap iron). IN 70 PIECES OF SCRAP METAL, THERE WAS NOT ONE SPRING!!

Folks, that's not rare, that's NON-EXISTENT.

Furthermore, despite repeatedly checking the bazaar, I have been unable to find them for sale.

I feel much the same way a lot of people who have posted already feel: crafting an item which requires a rare reagent is discouraging, frustrating and no longer fun.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I've gotten about 100 pieces of scrap iron and out of that, pulled about 10 springs. I had more like 10% success there.

I agree that certain items need to be more readily available. Also, with the slot wait time, it can take days to complete these higher crafting quests.

I do it because I like something for "free," but it takes a lot of time and effort for not too much of a reward.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
If it's not fun then don't do it.
Crafting is simply an addition to the game and not for everyone.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Crafting is interesting. So far, I've done it to find out how it worked, etc, even deleting a high level character to restart one. Most of crafting is...not useful, drops are better...but...

The school I selected for crafting was death. I finished the MS quest at level 30. This allows me to craft the card wraith (level 42)...and all the itmes are available in the Bazzar (well, sometimes :)) or vendors, and has a fast cooldown. Not bad making relatively fast high level spells way above your level.

Note: The rare item needed is the rare form of parchment (ancient scrolls), but I can usually find a few over a half hour on the Bazzar....

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Remember you can get ingredients by defeating certain characters too. Gearheads are FULL of springs. :)

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Well I got 9 Scrap Iron and 1 Spring but i sold the spring :( idk why i didnt need it so that proves that Springs are random

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Crafting is interesting. So far, I've done it to find out how it worked, etc, even deleting a high level character to restart one. Most of crafting is...not useful, drops are better...but...

The school I selected for crafting was death. I finished the MS quest at level 30. This allows me to craft the card wraith (level 42)...and all the itmes are available in the Bazzar (well, sometimes :)) or vendors, and has a fast cooldown. Not bad making relatively fast high level spells way above your level.

Note: The rare item needed is the rare form of parchment (ancient scrolls), but I can usually find a few over a half hour on the Bazzar....

I found well of spirits Quests/areas were you have to go into the head after activating it, that parchment had ancient scrolls, I also switch realms to harvest the rare items seems to work out, especially the perfect realms, or less players in the area. hope this helps. Olivia Rubyflame lvl 30

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
I have 2 questions and I'm hoping they will be answered. Here they are:

1. Can you tell me what to search for to find springs I heard earlier in the post there's a certain place to find them but I just cant seem to find any.

2. How do you start a new topic? A new post?

Please if you know that answers to these questions please post!!!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
emjokedz wrote:
Remember you can get ingredients by defeating certain characters too. Gearheads are FULL of springs. :)

gearheads drop them, eh? does that include the clockwork warriors in katzensteins lab or only the gearheads in chelsea court?

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
magik82 wrote:
I have 2 questions and I'm hoping they will be answered. Here they are:

1. Can you tell me what to search for to find springs I heard earlier in the post there's a certain place to find them but I just cant seem to find any.

2. How do you start a new topic? A new post?

Please if you know that answers to these questions please post!!!

You just posted to ask us how to post. And to make a new topic look at the top right when you are selecting a topic.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i just finished collecting scrap iron, and i only got 1 spring... that needs to be brought up