Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fill up potions with mana wisps

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
Whenever I am out of mana I always have to play minigames to refill it and to refill my potions. Sometimes it is annoying to keep on having to play minigames to fill the potions. It would be better if we could just put those mana wisps in the potion, if we have full mana, instead of playing minigames. Please consider this as an improvement.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
I agree. This is the main reason my husband refuses to play this game with the rest of us. He just says "have fun filling up those potion bottles every ten minutes.." It's funny because when we used to play Wow he would gripe about having to eat and drink for mana/health. Now he's gone back and doesn't complain about that at all! I agree with him, give me a mana bisquit any day hehe..

I would return to Wow too, but we'd been playing since Beta and I've just done it all. My kids couldn't play it because of there was no way to turn off chat. So for now, this place is holding my attention. I love being able to share it with my munchkins too (although my 9yr old daughter is begging for pixiehollow instead).

Anyway, I like this suggestion, but I think it would be even cooler if they would add cooking and food/drink as a way to refill mana and health, or give other benefits.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
I think thats a good idea. IMO, I could do without the minigames. The only other option is to spend gold to refill them, which, at higher levels, costs so darn much it's not worth it, especially since they changed the cost of treasure cards in the library.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Oh my god people. It takes no more than 5 minutes...yes...5 minutes to fill up potions via the "Dueling Diego" mini-game. Just complete 1 round and once the 2nd stage begins...die. Done. 1 bottle filled. Rinse and repeat, you lazy people.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
I vote bad...... because people who NEED the whisps would have a lot me trouble finding them..... with potion motion just waste about 1min and a half to get your bottles filled its not that hard

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I complained about that at first, too. Then I discovered, like the PP, that you can play the games for short amounts of time and get more benefit.

For example, I have three potions. If I play potion motion for 10 minutes, I might fill my mana once for the game. If I play 4 games for 2 minutes each, I will fill my mana and all three of my potions. It seems you need to get to level 3 on potion motion before your mana/potion is completely filled.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Potion Motion or whatever that game is can fill up quickly as well... I can fill 3 bottles in about 3 minutes... doesn't take much effort.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
i don't think it's lazy at all..cause if you need to go back to a battle you have to waste time playing those lil' games..sometimes are good..but to have to play or even pay to fill up all your potions it's annoying&a waste of time..most of the time..ugh!!~lol
I try to have all my portions filled..but many things can happen that all your potions are empty fast( ex: you have to flee battles or duels cause,1. ether you got caught in a battle 2. an annoying wizzard is disturbing your battle 3. or you leave a mark spot)
The games should still be there for those that don't mind or love playing them..but for the rest of us that really just want to continue with their quest or continue helping friends..it's a great idea ;)
thx!!!!~

Grace Frostpetal~lvl-48
<3
Tyler Wintertail~lvl-49

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I strongly agree about using wisps to fill up potions. Since we have so many quests to finish and so little time, there is no time for mini games. And what about people who are bad at minigames? How are they going to fill up their potions without having to spend a foutune with their hard earned money? Using wisps to fill up potions would be a great way to fill up your potions on the go.

Abigail Firestone, magnus pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
Broooklyn wrote:
Oh my god people. It takes no more than 5 minutes...yes...5 minutes to fill up potions via the "Dueling Diego" mini-game. Just complete 1 round and once the 2nd stage begins...die. Done. 1 bottle filled. Rinse and repeat, you lazy people.

"Potion Motion" is a quick way also. Just get to round 3 for each bottle you need filled. ;)

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Broooklyn wrote:

I agree 3 quick rounds of the potion motion game and i have 3 full bottles plus my globe. Just like everything else if it isn't easy they don't like it.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Zizzy7 wrote:
Broooklyn wrote:

"Potion Motion" is a quick way also. Just get to round 3 for each bottle you need filled. ;)

=) That's a good one as well. I am just used to using DD. 5 mins or less and I have my 3 bottles plus full globe.

------

To the others, how do some of you run out of Mana so fast? I play a Death/Balance wizard, and I have never had Mana issues, but then again, I choose equips that give health/Mana as often as possible, with the odd switch up for def/off here and there.

As for the time it takes, in regards to getting to an area to play the games; some just have to learn to use Mana more efficiently. When I am getting low, which is ridiculously rare outside of any major tower battles, I simply use the option to mark my location. (Yes it takes Mana, but like I said, if you manage efficiently, you are going back to refill anyway, so why not mark your location, then use the free option of "Going Home" and then run up to the fairgrounds) Then, when you are done, click the button to port back to where your quests are ongoing, and continue on your way.

I find myself going back for a refill of my third bottle only...and that is usually because I want a break/sell/buy some equips. It is most certainly never out of necessity. I have never used up 2 bottles all at once, let alone 3. Perhaps this is different because I solo? I have no clue...all I know is is that I do not seem to have such a drastic issue as some seem to have, where they need other outlets to attain more Mana, when Mana is truly very easy to get and takes almost no time at all.

Even when I only had one bottle, I always had more than a sufficient amount of Mana to get me through many quests, and during those early stages, levels come quick, so I would find myself buying new items and when doing so, simply fill up using wisps in the Shopping District. Once I received a second bottle, I never ever had a Mana issue again.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
I agree wholeheartedly.

Mini-games were a bad idea, for a minimally exciting game. There would be no shortage of wisps. There are always tons floating around.

P.S. Please for the love of Ambrose, no cooking. This game is already too much like RuneScape as it is....

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
alby80 wrote:
Whenever I am out of mana I always have to play minigames to refill it and to refill my potions. Sometimes it is annoying to keep on having to play minigames to fill the potions. It would be better if we could just put those mana wisps in the potion, if we have full mana, instead of playing minigames. Please consider this as an improvement.

Awesome idea, I totally agree. But maybe KI could create a new wisp for potions? Post if you agree.

T. Dunesword
Magus Thaumaturge

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
If they do this then they need to put a whole LOT more mana whisps out because everyone will be doing this instead of the games.

Personally I rarely even find a need to use a bottle, let alone fill one up. I play a lot more than the average person and I don't even have to fill up a bottle once a week on average.

People need to learn to heal themselves better and keep an eye on their mana if they are going through bottles so easily.

If I see myself getting low on mana I go get it, I don't use a bottle for it. And if you are taking bottles to recover health then your strategy for healing isn't working too well.

I really don't care either way if they do this because it doesn't bother me. But if they do I hope they will increase the number of whisps, though I imagine areas would have to be covered in them to accommodate everyone using them to fill bottles. Adding additional whips seeming highly unlikely, too, as they actually decreased the amount in areas like Grizzleheim not so long ago.