Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It's hard to get a lot of Gold without buying Crow

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2009
:( It's so hard to get gold. If you beat someone you get only a couple dollars. Any items you get are worth between 0- 2000 I think. And if you get a non auction item you might go to the bazaar, click sell to see how much it is worth, and it is a lot, like a Jade Oni sells for 12,250 I think, but the problem is, you can't sell it. If you go to a regular store and try to sell it, hardly worth anything. And Games, you can play them for hours like the shooting one or Dueling Diego, and you end up only getting 24 gold, they arent even that fun once you play 1 hour every single day, not that I have, And not only is it hard to get gold, the things cost a lot of the gold that is hard to get. Like castles, they cost more than anything. So, if you have a hard time getting gold, you buycrowns, and how much do crowns cost, real money, and once you buy them you go online and cash them in for gold. Do you like spending your allowance just becuase you can hardly get enought to buy good things online. No, I don't think most people like to. I hope you reply to me, I'd like to hear any comments or any other problems with Gold.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
You just haven't been playing long enough. My gold stays near the cap limit (99,999). I often find myself having to buy house items I don't really want or dye my clothes just to get rid of some cash.

Administrator
You'll find you'll be overflowing in gold soon enough young Wizard, just be smart about what you spend it on. Is it more important to you that your clothing be dyed to match or that you refill your potions at Hilda instead of at the Mini-Games? Be smart with your gold early and it will pile up around you.

I thought I'd let you both know that the maximum amount of gold that a player can have is now 150 000.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
(Quote from crusher2488)My gold stays near the cap limit (99,999).

Is that in test realm or live game?

Trevor SpellCaster
Level 31 Magus Diviner

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You'll find you'll be overflowing in gold soon enough young Wizard, just be smart about what you spend it on. Is it more important to you that your clothing be dyed to match or that you refill your potions at Hilda instead of at the Mini-Games? Be smart with your gold early and it will pile up around you.

I thought I'd let you both know that the maximum amount of gold that a player can have is now 150 000.

I would definitely have to agree with the Professor! Once you get past Wizard City you will get a ton of items and gold from the mass of quests. If you run short on gold you can always go back to other areas and "clean the streets" for gold.

Administrator
nageeksenoj wrote:
Is that in test realm or live game?

That is LIVE young Wizard. In our July Update Notes you can read the following update:

The maximum amount of gold a character can have has been raised to 150 000.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
no it is not heard just sell stuff you win in fights

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Jdk287 did you know if you beat bosses over again you get better equipment and you can sell it for more cause drops from the bosses are worth a good amount of money depending on which bosses you defeat and how many times you have defeated it. hope it helped some

Gabriel rubyblood-level 20-pyromancer/school of fire

Survivor
May 17, 2009
After wizard city money seems to just keep on coming. i usually spend alot every day and i still have a couple thousand on me. Just be paitent is all i have to say.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Cool. I missed that note. I had myself programmed to start dumping gold when I got to 98,000 so I never noticed the cap had went up.

Defender
Apr 28, 2009
i agree with what the author says! it's way too hard, many items are pretty expensive, and mom won't let me use crowns to buy gold.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Money flies by once you pass Wizard City! The Wooden Chests are more, the items are worth more, etc. A good idea to get gold is to have your friend take you to DS, then get help defeating a monster, maybe even a boss. Sell the items they drop, and they'll be worth about 400-700, maybe more!

Scarlet HawkHeart
Lvl 32 Magus Sorcerer