Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet talent- Reroll System badly needed!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
I think I've made a valid point before on why its necessary to have a talent re-roll system but I'm still feel like its not getting the attention it needs within this suggestion. Its quite frustrating having already been charged to spend enormous amount of gold, time and crowns on trying to bring out a pet you would like to have while having to go through a high rng base style mechanic that randomly selects 5 talents at the time of hatch. In just the past few days
i think I've hatch over 25 times using my sprout ling adult with a mega dryad pet i already have. Of those 25 times i have received my sprout ling only 5 times, if that doesn't speak for it self then i don't know what does. Imagine all 5 of those sprout-ling failing at mega with talents you don't mind having but its not the one your looking for. I have heard sayings that you have a higher chance of getting school pets back even when everything is suppose to be 50/50. I feel all of this rng base mechanic system should be somewhat reduce and people who are paying actual money for stuff should get what they pay for, even if that means time.

My best solution to the pet dilemma would be 2 things only. 1 Allow us to select which pet we want to keep during the process of hatching. 2. Only at mega we are allowed the opportunity, whether its gonna cost 100 crowns or 10000 gold to select a manifested talent and re-rolled it to whatever talent that's in the pool. This would generate a considerate amount of revenue while also be able to keep players happy. People are gonna still buy elixir and pets are still gonna take mega snacks to level,that won't change especially having to up the numbers. Let me know below if you guys support this. Appreciate it thanks.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
I agree we need a reroll system in the game.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
I will love to see that implanted.
but if i were in the developpers team i will not implement that.

-100 crown or 10000 gold is too cheap

-the random hatch is wanted to favorise the ones who buy pet on the crown shop (pack or direct buy) and bundles and pack are a great source of income.
(remember some pet are school only so if you hatch with them you can't receive them as baby if your are not this school)

-without the chance of fail you don't need to stack crazy amount of snack and you use less energy to create perfect pet; that mean less income from the energy potion buy and less potatoes/magmapeas/(insert the seed you want) farm so even less income from the energy potion buy

finally, if you want to collect all pets in the game and you can easily choose the appearence and talents where is the challenge.

I agree with the fail at mega can be a bit frustrating (hello princess zeus mega clamoring ghulture) but that the thrill of the game.
don't hatch without thinking and try to keep track and what you have and what you want:
- you can only have one version of the same talent so useless to hatch with a pet that show same talent as yours except if you just want the appearence.(never tried but maybe you can use that with a jewel to lock an unwanted talent in the talent pool)
- i'm not sure but i often see the same talent along a pet heritage so i have no proof but i think the already unlocked talent have more chance to pass through the hatchling.so when i know my pet has not many good talent in his/her pool i often try to reach adult without fail and directly hatch. that worked quite well until now.

one last thing some pets are called hybrid that mean there is no 50/50 but maybe(thats just my idea) 50 for yours 15 for hybrid 35 for the other pet that become 65/35 if no hybrid(maybe an ultra pet have more chance to pass than an adult pet?or the pedigree has an impact?)

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Stormwind 8108 on Jun 4, 2020 wrote:
I will love to see that implanted.
but if i were in the developpers team i will not implement that.

-100 crown or 10000 gold is too cheap

-the random hatch is wanted to favorise the ones who buy pet on the crown shop (pack or direct buy) and bundles and pack are a great source of income.
(remember some pet are school only so if you hatch with them you can't receive them as baby if your are not this school)

-without the chance of fail you don't need to stack crazy amount of snack and you use less energy to create perfect pet; that mean less income from the energy potion buy and less potatoes/magmapeas/(insert the seed you want) farm so even less income from the energy potion buy

finally, if you want to collect all pets in the game and you can easily choose the appearence and talents where is the challenge.

I agree with the fail at mega can be a bit frustrating (hello princess zeus mega clamoring ghulture) but that the thrill of the game.
don't hatch without thinking and try to keep track and what you have and what you want:
- you can only have one version of the same talent so useless to hatch with a pet that show same talent as yours except if you just want the appearence.(never tried but maybe you can use that with a jewel to lock an unwanted talent in the talent pool)
- i'm not sure but i often see the same talent along a pet heritage so i have no proof but i think the already unlocked talent have more chance to pass through the hatchling.so when i know my pet has not many good talent in his/her pool i often try to reach adult without fail and directly hatch. that worked quite well until now.

one last thing some pets are called hybrid that mean there is no 50/50 but maybe(thats just my idea) 50 for yours 15 for hybrid 35 for the other pet that become 65/35 if no hybrid(maybe an ultra pet have more chance to pass than an adult pet?or the pedigree has an impact?)
First crowns ain't cheap and 10k gold is more than sufficient enough. If you find the thrill of wanting to deal with mega pet fails or buy pets to hatch with whomever you feel fit then that's up to u. I'm the type of player who thinks of myself more than others and this is to benefit all. I've done more pet hatching than you can imagine and giving pets away on a daily basis. There is no favoritism in crowns pet random hatch its obsolete and creates chaos and wasteful gold necessary for better hatching. Its not going to stop anyone from buying packs and bundles because a hand full of players can't even afford it. Challenge already comes with the ability to collect them all and if that's your motive good luck. Hybrid pets should be guaranteed for both players. Try to think of everyone in that aspect who have already spent more gold, crowns and time and not compare yourself to it, put yourself in their shoes an try to understand.