Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Special Events Button Glowing Bug

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I've been noticing this a lot lately and while it is no big deal, it can be irritating. Whenever you gain enough points to unlock something from the Scroll of Fortune, you go redeem the reward.

However, as soon as you close the Special Events page entirely, the button (next to friend's list) starts glowing again. As soon as you open the menu and check both the active event and the SoF, there is nothing there you can claim. It turns off as soon as you click on the active event (Spiral Showcase, Pet Promenade, etc).

The glowing does not turn off by simply checking the SoF, but you have to check the active event and then it turns off.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
For what it's worth, I've noticed the exact same thing. It is a minor (MINOR) issue, but does cause me to check back sometimes more than once for things...and then I'm terribly disappointed when there is nothing to claim...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Cody RavenTamer on May 28, 2020 wrote:
I've been noticing this a lot lately and while it is no big deal, it can be irritating. Whenever you gain enough points to unlock something from the Scroll of Fortune, you go redeem the reward.

However, as soon as you close the Special Events page entirely, the button (next to friend's list) starts glowing again. As soon as you open the menu and check both the active event and the SoF, there is nothing there you can claim. It turns off as soon as you click on the active event (Spiral Showcase, Pet Promenade, etc).

The glowing does not turn off by simply checking the SoF, but you have to check the active event and then it turns off.
This has been happening for a while. I have noticed it on all of my wizards. Some times I can get it to quit after opening all events up about 3 times then closing.

As a general rule, I don't even participate in any of the events except an occasional trip with pets to the Pavilion or if I am using TCs. I don't buy the scrolls or do deckathalon.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
There are cases when even clicking on special events fail to stop the glowing.

I have gotten so used to it that I never necessarily thought of reporting it as a bug.

But it does warrant some attention.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Ditto - All those things also happen with me. After retrieving the item, the icon starts glowing again even though you know you just already retrieved your reward/rewards.
In order to get the glow to stop you must open it back up and check again. Then usually it will go off, but not always.

Scarlet ShadowStone