Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
idk how message boards work lol so i might have made this like 2 times but anyways, so i have a pet i really like the appearance of and i was wondering if i can keep the way it looks but hatch it with another pet for its abilities instead of hatching the pet appearance?? (sorry if this doesnt make sense)

Administrator
natalie starheart on May 28, 2020 wrote:
idk how message boards work lol so i might have made this like 2 times but anyways, so i have a pet i really like the appearance of and i was wondering if i can keep the way it looks but hatch it with another pet for its abilities instead of hatching the pet appearance?? (sorry if this doesnt make sense)
HI Natalie! No worries, your post has been approved!

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
natalie starheart on May 28, 2020 wrote:
All pets has a 50/50 chance of either getting or receiving parents egg. I do wish we are able to pick the pets we wanna keep, as they were many times i had to hatch 10+ time to either keep or receive other pets. Getting the same egg can only be done by hatching identical parents.Best of luck!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Short answer -- probably yes.

Any species of pet can inherit any talents and abilities, so with patience, you can have the look you like with desired skills.

Longer answer -- but it's complected...

Players have no control over which "parent" pet type or what talents come through in a hatch, so it may take many stages of "hatch, train, repeat" before you achieve your goal. It's best to think of of gradual improvement in stages, not a "hail Mary".

It's also important to know that cards given at baby or automatic at certain levels are specific to species, so they can not be transferred to other body types.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to The Forums!

In short, yes, it is possible to hatch pets with only the intentions of altering talents and traits while keeping the original looks of the pet.

So, try hatching your pet with the one you want the talents of.

But, just to note, remember that it isn't 100% guarantee that you may get back the same pet, you may get the other pet instead.

If this happens, try hatching again.

Good Luck!

Also, Crowns Only Pets are usually harder to obtain, regardless of method (whether by boss drops or hatching).