Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Gear in the near future...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2014
I would like my wizards to continue to wear their earned pvp gear in the future without exclusion. If this is not what is going to happen, then I would like to know what is going to happen. If I keep my gear on my guys in the upcoming change, will they still be able to do non ranked and/or ranked with it despite the fact that their stats are starting over? I am not interested in hearing 'right from wrong' because there are no absolutes in this. I want to know what to expect. Should I leave my arena gear on my guys if I want them to pvp with it on or will it prevent them from entering the arena or???? Thank you, KI, for your reply.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
EthanHolt2007 on May 27, 2020 wrote:
I would like my wizards to continue to wear their earned pvp gear in the future without exclusion. If this is not what is going to happen, then I would like to know what is going to happen. If I keep my gear on my guys in the upcoming change, will they still be able to do non ranked and/or ranked with it despite the fact that their stats are starting over? I am not interested in hearing 'right from wrong' because there are no absolutes in this. I want to know what to expect. Should I leave my arena gear on my guys if I want them to pvp with it on or will it prevent them from entering the arena or???? Thank you, KI, for your reply.
The purposes of these changes to PVP is to reset everyone back to square one,. I think the old age gears are going to be pvp restricted meaning NO PVP. So for those who have them already i guess the right thing would be is to allow to keep them because they did work hard to get them.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2014
angellifeheart on May 27, 2020 wrote:
The purposes of these changes to PVP is to reset everyone back to square one,. I think the old age gears are going to be pvp restricted meaning NO PVP. So for those who have them already i guess the right thing would be is to allow to keep them because they did work hard to get them.
Well, if that is the case, then I would hope that they would do us a solid and at least remove the -100% mana restrictions on them. I know they would never let us swap our gear between our guys, but if we could quest with them, then at least that would give us some sense of satisfaction rather than facing the reality that our hard won gear is now utterly useless.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
EthanHolt2007 on May 29, 2020 wrote:
Well, if that is the case, then I would hope that they would do us a solid and at least remove the -100% mana restrictions on them. I know they would never let us swap our gear between our guys, but if we could quest with them, then at least that would give us some sense of satisfaction rather than facing the reality that our hard won gear is now utterly useless.
It might or might not. The gear in it self might even become stat less or stat adjusted that's because they weren't meant for pve. It was also discourage gear grinding like water works etc. Also remember even a level 1 can use the tier 1 set that gave absurd stats, those gears wasn't hard to get despite the having to be a commander to use them. All they cost were arena tickets that could be re rolled with crowns. If anything, we would be lucky to keep any of the gears. Everything you did in this age will just be considered the past. I fully agree with the concept to revamp, i just hope boosting gets fixed because i still see a lot of them.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
I realize that KI will face some challenging decisions with arena gear. I really hope that what happens is that they simply put a resist cap on the arena gear. It would seem to me that if even if somebody entered the arena with a resist against any school beyond a certain threshold, that the stats would be revamped in the arena to support the max resist limit. At that point it would not matter if their resist comes mainly from a pet or gear, the limit would not go past the standards that have been set. If that has to be done to the critical or another attribute, that may prove useful as well.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
geneva111 on Jun 24, 2020 wrote:
I realize that KI will face some challenging decisions with arena gear. I really hope that what happens is that they simply put a resist cap on the arena gear. It would seem to me that if even if somebody entered the arena with a resist against any school beyond a certain threshold, that the stats would be revamped in the arena to support the max resist limit. At that point it would not matter if their resist comes mainly from a pet or gear, the limit would not go past the standards that have been set. If that has to be done to the critical or another attribute, that may prove useful as well.
Yes that's exactly what we need resist cap at 70% most and pierce cap at 50%. Regular pvp suppose to feel like pvp not quick match. It should't take an hour but it should take 10 minutes either. Resist is a fundamental key element in pvp and should be balance with pierce ratio. Hence why am proposing a ban on shrike. With spells like infallible and extra-ordinary this helps with balancing damage output already.