Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Expand Five B.O.X.E.S.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2014
So this new Doomsday Krok gauntlet has me wondering...

Would KI ever expand this event into 3rd-arc worlds? Without revealing spoilers, the ending of the Avalon instance wasn't exactly written as a closed book! (Not that such things are needed in wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey adventures.)

Not to mention, this event is an awesome means to lore build! Especially with the recent release of revised school histories in the Library Dues quest (check 'em out here) and all we learn through the Arcanum, an new instance or two could give us great insight into how the spiral came to be. Or hint at what threats we may face in the future!

Thoughts?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
nbsheriff6194 on May 12, 2020 wrote:
So this new Doomsday Krok gauntlet has me wondering...

Would KI ever expand this event into 3rd-arc worlds? Without revealing spoilers, the ending of the Avalon instance wasn't exactly written as a closed book! (Not that such things are needed in wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey adventures.)

Not to mention, this event is an awesome means to lore build! Especially with the recent release of revised school histories in the Library Dues quest (check 'em out here) and all we learn through the Arcanum, an new instance or two could give us great insight into how the spiral came to be. Or hint at what threats we may face in the future!

Thoughts?
Yes! Absolutely yes! Maybe, ooh, they could try to meddle in something that we did directly? Going back in time to discreetly make sure your past self isn't meddled with would be absolutely hilarious.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on May 13, 2020 wrote:
Yes! Absolutely yes! Maybe, ooh, they could try to meddle in something that we did directly? Going back in time to discreetly make sure your past self isn't meddled with would be absolutely hilarious.
But if you meet yourself, wouldn't that create a time paradox? If KI did expand on this they would have to change the title.
Hmm, at what points of the current story could the Maestro interfere? Could he team up with Morganth or Spider?

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I find this quite interesting as more of the story unfolds. One of the things I love about playing Wiz101 is the story. But that said , I began playing this game almost a decade ago and all the early part of the story is long gone from my memory. I enjoyed going to the link (my favorite Wizard to play is Life) posted by nbsheriff6194

Many times, during a quest we only see the story line once. Yes you can go back and farm, but too often the discussion by the characters is not repeated. My husband and I play Wizards side by side on our computers and often either his game, or mine, will have the verbal narrative with text, while the other's is silent and no text on the screen to follow.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the worlds had books in the assorted libraries we could go back to and read the history and story that unfolds in that world. Of course to not spoil the story, you can only read that history book after you complete the last fight for that world, or up to where you are in the story by quests finished.

I'm kind of disappointed that the "sort of" continuation of the "boxes" is now in a gauntlet that I will have to either craft or buy with crowns, or find a friend that has it. I guess eventually I find the opportunity to experience that gauntlet.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on May 13, 2020 wrote:
But if you meet yourself, wouldn't that create a time paradox? If KI did expand on this they would have to change the title.
Hmm, at what points of the current story could the Maestro interfere? Could he team up with Morganth or Spider?
That would be why I said 'discreetly'. I mean, when time travel's involved, the possibilities are endless!

Community Leader
That would seriously be one of the things I wish for most! Even if it isn't anything major, it would still be interesting to learn little facts here and there about main characters like we did in the event as it is now. Like how some of the Professors came to be... (nuff said).

Imagine if they threw in Morganthe! I still think she is out there lurking...

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Jan 26, 2017
It would also be a good way to reuse assists and old locations.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
Cody RavenTamer on May 16, 2020 wrote:
That would seriously be one of the things I wish for most! Even if it isn't anything major, it would still be interesting to learn little facts here and there about main characters like we did in the event as it is now. Like how some of the Professors came to be... (nuff said).

The new Doomsday Krok Gauntlet does revive Young Morganthe - as a minion in the final fight. But there is no conversation with or about the minions that all are foes in different parts of the quest line.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015

Regarding 'throwing back in Morganthe'...

I don't know if you know, but the Time Butterfly summons Young Morganthe as one of its minions. Does that fulfill your criteria?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012

What if we had the opportunity to change her from evil to good?

Community Leader
Lookit Light on May 17, 2020 wrote:
Regarding 'throwing back in Morganthe'...

I don't know if you know, but the Time Butterfly summons Young Morganthe as one of its minions. Does that fulfill your criteria?
I know
and it doesn't fulfil my criteria even a little bit. Hoping that her return is EPIC! hehe

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP