Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pointer Disappearing at Random

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Within the last month, I have been having random issues with my pointer Disappearing while doing things. It mostly does it while I am gardening, but it has also done it while I was crafting. It does not come back. I can use my mouse to highlight my backpack then highlight quit. But doing it blindly. Once I quit altogether...when I come back on, The pointer is back and all is fine. It does not do it everyday. Just randomly a few times a week.
I have never seen this as an issue here on boards before. I have been playing around 7 years and use a connected mouse. I do not use wireless mouses. This is a new issue that just started. I have used this same mouse for around 6 months.
Wondering if anyone has had this happen.

Scarlet ShadowStone

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
hopefulz33 on Feb 26, 2020 wrote:
Within the last month, I have been having random issues with my pointer Disappearing while doing things. It mostly does it while I am gardening, but it has also done it while I was crafting. It does not come back. I can use my mouse to highlight my backpack then highlight quit. But doing it blindly. Once I quit altogether...when I come back on, The pointer is back and all is fine. It does not do it everyday. Just randomly a few times a week.
I have never seen this as an issue here on boards before. I have been playing around 7 years and use a connected mouse. I do not use wireless mouses. This is a new issue that just started. I have used this same mouse for around 6 months.
Wondering if anyone has had this happen.

Scarlet ShadowStone
Yes, but for me it is a VERY specific situation. It only happens when I run 2 accounts on the same machine and ONLY when in combat. This has happened with a wired and wireless mouse, so it's not the mouse

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I too have the same problem, as you say randomly, over the last several weeks. It has happened while gardening, selling items from my backpack, but I find it really troublesome when in a fight and can not easily select a card to play. It appears the "pointer" is there, just not visible on the screen, because when doing card select, once you get the invisible pointer in the right area, the cards will become slightly larger and brighter as the pointer runs over them.
Seems to happen most often when doing a team-up Kiosk fight.
I use a logitec M570 trac-ball that is wireless to a usb doggle. Changed the battery, unplugged and replugged the doggle, etc. Works fine in all but this game, no problem in other games I play, or any other use of my computer.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2018
Had the same thing happen during battle around the time you posted this.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Sorry you all are having this same problem I am having.
But happy I am not the only one having it. Which means
It's just not me. I have played for years, and have played with
the same set up for over a year now. So suddenly in the
last couple of months this problem started happening to me
randomly. It happened again last night while trying to sort out
my backpack.

Hoping someone at KI will take note of this thread and realize
it is happening enough that it should be looked into.

Perhaps give out some advice to keep this from happening.
It has happened several times while in a fight. I really could not
use spells after it happened. Very annoying.

Scarlet ShadowStone

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
This is something that was posted about a while ago (Half a year ago or so), found many people also shared this issue... Unfortunately nothing seems to have been done about it, I still have it happen when running multiple accounts as well.