Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I know this is probably trivial, but...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 04, 2018
Apollo Bright One is a chicken, because pollo is the spanish word for chicken. I have no idea why I thought of this. Maybe my sense of humor is odd? Maybe I was trying to figure out why the greek gods of Mt. Olympus were birds of prey and Apollo was just a chicken? Maybe this was me reading way too much into it and they made him a chicken because he's the sun deity and roosters crow at the morning sun. Why am I up at 1130 making a post on the wizard forums about a chicken?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Kenneth Mythweaver on Feb 25, 2020 wrote:
Apollo Bright One is a chicken, because pollo is the spanish word for chicken. I have no idea why I thought of this. Maybe my sense of humor is odd? Maybe I was trying to figure out why the greek gods of Mt. Olympus were birds of prey and Apollo was just a chicken? Maybe this was me reading way too much into it and they made him a chicken because he's the sun deity and roosters crow at the morning sun. Why am I up at 1130 making a post on the wizard forums about a chicken?
He's the same in Pirate101; actually he's a rooster ( male chicken ). They can be quite fierce. Hades is a vulture ( scavenger ) and Athena is a dove ( not a bird of prey ) Poseidon appears to be an albatross.
No, I don't think you're reading too much into this. I think you're absolutely correct that KI artists did this on purpose.
Excellent post.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Kenneth Mythweaver on Feb 25, 2020 wrote:
Interesting. I actually never noticed that.

And why? Because you want to, that's why.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2017
I noticed that the first time I entered the dungeon, pretty cool!
The Eagle is also Zeus's symbol animal and I always thought Athena was an Owl (Barn Owl specifically) as the owl is her symbol animal also.
I think her beak is too flat and curved to look like a dove. Though I get the whole dove with an olive branch link, since olive trees are her symbol too.