Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea for Crafted Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 15, 2018
I noticed that almost all the tabs are for players to help players, but none are for community to give feedback or ideas to the developers.

So as it is loosely related to crafting I have decided to post it here.

In the game currently I feel like most if not all of the rolls are pre-determined by the available endgame gear for each school of magic. However, what if there was a way to turn a storm wizard into a tank, or a myth wizard into a healing support.

The idea is quite simple, modular equipment- Similar to Jewels, these would have stats based one what you use to make them. By combining certain reagents together, or maybe by combining gear with certain reagents you can customize what stats your equipment gives.

A issue that this might help is the issue of Jade for example. It is very strong resistance gear, but at the same time it is entirely RNG. I have heard people spending tens of thousands of crowns to no avail. With customization gear, a school is not trapped into one roll, the RNG of specialized pack equipment is gone. And all wizards can do the extra-ordinary.

On the other side of it, Kings isle might not want to ditch the monetizing hoard packs that yield them revenue. I assure that by making a crowns system not based on loose chance, but instead create strong, replay-able content. But this is a topic for another thread