Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making All Worlds Free- Is Possible?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Hey I wanted to ask- what would it take you (KI) to make the whole questing line free?
By that I mean- making all the worlds free to quest.
What changes in the game (or payment) you would do to make that happen ? I am really interested to hear your answer. Also, I think making at least the whole worlds free would be great for players experience, and I suggest you would make membership only a thing for extra member benefits that only members can get, but much more. This way maybe players would still buy memberships.

I would like to hear your answer.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Star Gator on Jan 27, 2020 wrote:
Hey I wanted to ask- what would it take you (KI) to make the whole questing line free?
What changes in the game (or payment) you would do to make that happen ? I am really interested to hear your answer. Also, I think making at least the whole worlds free would be great for players experience, and I suggest you would make membership only a thing for extra member benefits that only members can get, but much more. This way maybe players would still buy memberships.

Is it possible? Of course it's possible! I think you should ask: "Is it likely to happen"? Why should KI drastically undercut it's financial resources by doing this? The reason to buy membership is to freely access the game, not just the few benefits offered.
Plus, KI also gets money from those of us who use crowns to buy areas - if the game became totally free, they would lose out there as well.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 29, 2020 wrote:
Is it possible? Of course it's possible! I think you should ask: "Is it likely to happen"? Why should KI drastically undercut it's financial resources by doing this? The reason to buy membership is to freely access the game, not just the few benefits offered.
Plus, KI also gets money from those of us who use crowns to buy areas - if the game became totally free, they would lose out there as well.
That is true but they can change it.
Maybe they can give members new benefits in the game besides double gardening and stuff..

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 29, 2020 wrote:
Not to mention all the writers would be working for free as the story they write would be worth nothing. In fact, the whole game would be worth nothing at that point if everything was free.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Star Gator on Jan 30, 2020 wrote:
That is true but they can change it.
Maybe they can give members new benefits in the game besides double gardening and stuff..
If KI made this game completely free, they would lose money because no one would need to buy memberships. A few extra new benefits would not attract anyone to buy memberships.
Crowns players would have no reason to buy crowns ( except for packs or mounts ) and KI would doublely lose money there.
With NO money coming in, the game would fail as KI would cease to exist as a company.
Making the game free would end the game.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Star Gator on Jan 27, 2020 wrote:

Would that mean no more wizard101? Enough money to keep the games going and grow has to come from somewhere.

Explorer
May 06, 2013
Bad idea. If KI does this where do you think the money is going to come from to supoort the game? Make all of Wizard City and part of Krokotopia free to play would be enough.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Honestly I don't think so, I don't believe the game has enough players or following to for a completely free to play storyline to be sustainable in the long run.

This game tends to go through periods of hibernation between major updates. When's there nothing really new to do or play, the community tends to fall asleep as it waits for the next big content update.

That being said I do believe that the game has more the enough content and following for all the zones Wizard City to truely be Free to Play.