Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Will the tc volt come back?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Will the tc volt come back to the game as a thing or not?

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Star Gator on Jan 27, 2020 wrote:
if you mean the tc vault dont count on it i ask the same thing and got a reply from sparck nearly half a year ago and said it was "being decided" and not a word sense then i'd pretty sure at this point its scrapped unfortuneately some have even thought whats the point since some vaults are becoming "no trade" items im fine with that as long as it can exist tbh

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
iouman2013 on Jan 31, 2020 wrote:
if you mean the tc vault dont count on it i ask the same thing and got a reply from sparck nearly half a year ago and said it was "being decided" and not a word sense then i'd pretty sure at this point its scrapped unfortuneately some have even thought whats the point since some vaults are becoming "no trade" items im fine with that as long as it can exist tbh

Oops, mispelled but thanks

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Star Gator on Jan 27, 2020 wrote:
Hey there,

The Treasure Card Trove cannot return until sun enchantment treasure cards withdraw from Spiral vendors. This fact is merely because it should not be achievable to hoard an endless supply of said Treasure Cards.

This essentially is why I'm guessing Spellements were born - to substitute for the sun enchant TCs eventually.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Blaze03554 on Feb 6, 2020 wrote:
Hey there,

The Treasure Card Trove cannot return until sun enchantment treasure cards withdraw from Spiral vendors. This fact is merely because it should not be achievable to hoard an endless supply of said Treasure Cards.

This essentially is why I'm guessing Spellements were born - to substitute for the sun enchant TCs eventually.

''The Treasure Card Trove cannot return until sun enchantment treasure cards withdraw from Spiral vendors."

the enchantment tc will never be removed from the game the community went freakin bonkers the day kingsisle removed it you shouldve seen how many people blew up on twitter over it so that option is not gonna happen

"This fact is merely because it should not be achievable to hoard an endless supply of said Treasure Cards."

Then what is the point of the tc vault even being in game that why it was in test lol i think the real reason it wasnt brought in game was because it was possible to move "no trade" tc in it which is what kingsisle didnt want at all for pvp reasons or whatever else still think the vault coild have been left a no trade like the others but whatever

"This essentially is why I'm guessing Spellements were born - to substitute for the sun enchant TCs eventually."

Thats not why spellments were made it was for more variety in pvp and pve to make it more interesting and such also the tc are here to stay cause again the community made it known they really dont want it to be removed

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
iouman2013 on Feb 7, 2020 wrote:
''The Treasure Card Trove cannot return until sun enchantment treasure cards withdraw from Spiral vendors."

the enchantment tc will never be removed from the game the community went freakin bonkers the day kingsisle removed it you shouldve seen how many people blew up on twitter over it so that option is not gonna happen

"This fact is merely because it should not be achievable to hoard an endless supply of said Treasure Cards."

Then what is the point of the tc vault even being in game that why it was in test lol i think the real reason it wasnt brought in game was because it was possible to move "no trade" tc in it which is what kingsisle didnt want at all for pvp reasons or whatever else still think the vault coild have been left a no trade like the others but whatever

"This essentially is why I'm guessing Spellements were born - to substitute for the sun enchant TCs eventually."

Thats not why spellments were made it was for more variety in pvp and pve to make it more interesting and such also the tc are here to stay cause again the community made it known they really dont want it to be removed

I’d like to know where you got your information? How is moving no trade items into your shared bank related to “balancing purposes”? - because KingsIsle specifically said the sun enchantment TCs were removed for that reason.

It was also stated that the sun TCs were only returned temporarily, and something different could take their place earlier in the game (like spellements).

I suggest you re-read the May 2019 producers letter, then make a new judgment. (Click here to view)

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
In regards to putting "no trade" TC's in The Vault, they could always disallow them.
Why would Sun TC have to be removed from Vendors You cannot put an endless supply of any card in the vault. There will be a set amount....in which you can put as many or as few as you want...but not to exceed the limit.

We will just have to wait and see what the end game for spellments are. This is one of the most convoluted systems they have put in game so far. I am not sure what purpose they had in mind with this idea.

I wish they would implement ideas we actually put forth...and work on those instead of implementing things we never ever even asked them for.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
hopefulz33 on Feb 7, 2020 wrote:
In regards to putting "no trade" TC's in The Vault, they could always disallow them.
Why would Sun TC have to be removed from Vendors You cannot put an endless supply of any card in the vault. There will be a set amount....in which you can put as many or as few as you want...but not to exceed the limit.

We will just have to wait and see what the end game for spellments are. This is one of the most convoluted systems they have put in game so far. I am not sure what purpose they had in mind with this idea.

I wish they would implement ideas we actually put forth...and work on those instead of implementing things we never ever even asked them for.
This is all about amount control & available mechanics/coding.

999 was the limit in the TC trove. You could only place one trove in your house. Imagine having ten houses, each having a trove. If you managed to fill them all, that’s 10,000 treasure cards on one character. Overly hoarding is never good for a game, especially one that is a decade-plus old.

Now, there are plenty of ways to surpass those issues, but as I said, some mechanics may not be available at this time.

I’m sure there is more to the story than what I’ve explained here, for KI does seem to be secretive about their reasoning sometimes.

As for the spellements, this is just my guess that it will be the TCs replacement due to the producer's letter stating that their could be something similar to take their place.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
Blaze03554 on Feb 7, 2020 wrote:
I’d like to know where you got your information? How is moving no trade items into your shared bank related to “balancing purposes”? - because KingsIsle specifically said the sun enchantment TCs were removed for that reason.

It was also stated that the sun TCs were only returned temporarily, and something different could take their place earlier in the game (like spellements).

I suggest you re-read the May 2019 producers letter, then make a new judgment. (Click here to view)

Dont tell me to re-read anything i know what i said and what i meant.. i always read every dev note and update note since it began.. sorry if i come off as hostile being told this

1. I get (my info) from keeping an eye on sparcks posts in the message boards, the minor things what ki does and says with changes over time and mattnetic from twitter i honestly suggest you follow him (he is the senior systems designer) then theres also ratbeard who also posts on mattnetics posts on twitter
2. I know i shouldve specified the tc were brought back permanantly i honestly thought i did (my bad) and like you said where did you get your information on spellmemts being the reason the tc vault wont be coming i made a post and sparck himself said its still being decided he of course hasmt replied in half a year but still theres nowhere where it said spellents are to replace the tc vault if that is indeed true the way spellments all right now which is locked behind packs, the new lame deckathalon endurance mode literally a majority of the community DID NOT ask for at greyrose which not everyone can get to as well as holiday only thats a lvl of greediness that shouldnt exist my dude ik the tc vault was in the crown shop but it did have a recipe tbf and it was super easy to make

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
hopefulz33 on Feb 7, 2020 wrote:

I guess its true that they could disallow it but itd be nice if they legit told us if they were gonna just say its still be planned or just straight up scrapped months later ya know?

I would love for them to straight up implement ideas some people in the message boards have come up with for instance someone had come up with a shop to sell reagents and sellable gear to friends or something around the general subject of that its a shame its getting ignored itd really kill reagent sniping in the bazaar but oh well

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
iouman2013 on Feb 11, 2020 wrote:
I guess its true that they could disallow it but itd be nice if they legit told us if they were gonna just say its still be planned or just straight up scrapped months later ya know?

I would love for them to straight up implement ideas some people in the message boards have come up with for instance someone had come up with a shop to sell reagents and sellable gear to friends or something around the general subject of that its a shame its getting ignored itd really kill reagent sniping in the bazaar but oh well

Everything is a gradual process. I don't think KI will remove the TCs until this game can afford to. I’m almost positive they didn’t realize how much of an impact it would have on PVP by taking them away, which is why they returned them.

I’m very observant of all social media platforms, and I’m aware of Ben & Matt working behind the scenes. As you probably noticed, they’re working very hard to remaster the entire PVP system. But it is, of course, a delicate process.

It is just my assumption that spellements will take their place once the system becomes more productive - but I made this assumption based on what I read in the producer's letter.

I happen to agree with you about the communication issues. Recently it seems the explanations for updates are a bit vague.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
This will be my last comment on this.

The bottom line, they are trying to reduce/limit the possibility of gaining too many treasure cards. One way to make that happen is to remove the sun spell treasure cards as a purchased item (because they can reproduce more.) Once it becomes more of a challenge to build up so many, then I’m sure the trove will be back. But Wizard101 is not prepared yet to remove the sun TCs. Which is one of the reasons I'm sure why they are working on PvP, so you will not have to be so dependent on the sun TCs.