Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

There needs to be offline mode.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2015
I love playing wizard101 but I'm a little on the poor side so my wifi is not the best. There needs to be an "offline mode" so I can still play the game when the wifi is out or if I just need a little privacy away from other players. My wifi goes out very often and I can't play wizard101 when that happens. It would be very good for there to be an offline mode. It would need to be automatically triggered if the wifi goes out, but if it's not in offline mode in the settings menu, where it should be, then it will go back to online mode when the wifi is back.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
...How would this work exactly? This is a terrible idea for security reasons alone.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Survivor
Dec 09, 2015
Star Gator on Jan 28, 2020 wrote:
You can use "hidden from friends"
does that solve my "no wifi" problem?

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
protokirby on Feb 12, 2020 wrote:
does that solve my "no wifi" problem?
That was pretty rude. Wizard101 is an online game and to make an offline version they would have to include all the world and mob files. While it is certainly not impossible, it wouldn't be wise to release until after their servers went offline, because it would create discrepancies in terms of progress. It would also be vulnerable to local exploits that would grant gear and XP that you didn't actually earn. I definitely think that an offline version of the game is a wonderful idea especially for players who have been with the game for a long time if the servers ever go down; nbut for now, I think it's perfect as-is.