Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

[Article] One Week Test Realm Overview -FB

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Check out the improvements and additions to the Beastmoon Hunt and Team Up in the surprise one week January 2020 Wizard101 Test Realm. https://finalbastion.com/updates/wizard-101-one-week-test-realm-overview/

Writer, administrator, and PvP enthusiast at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Hello Matt,

Didn't know where to post this, so I slipped it here. Topic related to previous test realm changes moved to game play.

Clever of me....

Was wondering if the March update will provide another tweak to Ramp. You guys did a great job with Loremaster. She is still above value for a 4-pip spell, and I use it (PVP) on level 16, Balance and Death, level 50 Fire, Death, Myth, and level 70 Life. The weakness is still effective; however, the mantle is more in line, especially for lower levels with minimal accuracy.

Ramp, however, is ineffective as it exists. The second damage on the third round has shelved Ramp in PVP.

The innovative change to the overtime mechanic made the Burning Rampage a poor man’s Myth spell, with an opponent having opportunity to deflect the damage – unlike the Myth spells. The argument from players about Ramp and not noting Myth double hits was baffling. With Ramp, there is an outside chance to defend the second hit. There is no round in between to deflect the second Myth hit.

So here is my suggestion:

It would make more sense to make Ramp similar to Frost Bite, since both are 5-pips, and both have the same initial hit. The damage difference for the overtime seems to fit the gap that should be there for a “weak” school with a lot of health, compared to a “damage” school with significantly less health
Or make Ramp similar to a Myth double hit. KI has shared mechanics between schools: Life now has it’s own 4-pip fire meteor dressed up as a squirrel; Ice has the Death’s Deer Knight, and Myth’s double hit minotaur.

Just my thoughts and Thanks for listening.

Community Leader
Simple Sorcery on Mar 15, 2020 wrote:
Hello Matt,

Didn't know where to post this, so I slipped it here. Topic related to previous test realm changes moved to game play.

Clever of me....

Was wondering if the March update will provide another tweak to Ramp. You guys did a great job with Loremaster. She is still above value for a 4-pip spell, and I use it (PVP) on level 16, Balance and Death, level 50 Fire, Death, Myth, and level 70 Life. The weakness is still effective; however, the mantle is more in line, especially for lower levels with minimal accuracy.

Ramp, however, is ineffective as it exists. The second damage on the third round has shelved Ramp in PVP.

The innovative change to the overtime mechanic made the Burning Rampage a poor man’s Myth spell, with an opponent having opportunity to deflect the damage – unlike the Myth spells. The argument from players about Ramp and not noting Myth double hits was baffling. With Ramp, there is an outside chance to defend the second hit. There is no round in between to deflect the second Myth hit.

So here is my suggestion:

It would make more sense to make Ramp similar to Frost Bite, since both are 5-pips, and both have the same initial hit. The damage difference for the overtime seems to fit the gap that should be there for a “weak” school with a lot of health, compared to a “damage” school with significantly less health
Or make Ramp similar to a Myth double hit. KI has shared mechanics between schools: Life now has it’s own 4-pip fire meteor dressed up as a squirrel; Ice has the Death’s Deer Knight, and Myth’s double hit minotaur.

Just my thoughts and Thanks for listening.
Hi, I'm not the Kingsisle developer or community manager named Matt/Mathew, just a Final Bastion admin that's also named Matthew. As such, I have no knowledge of what's coming in future updates. If you want to communicate with Mattnetic, I'd contact him on one of his social media platforms.

Writer, administrator, and PvP enthusiast at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP