Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrology, Animus Pets Idea

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
So I had a thought about certain mobs in game that might make cool pets, for example the Firespitter Spawn in Avalon. But as of right now there's not a single pet that looks like it.

However, you can make a housing guest of it via Monstrology. Which is alright but still not as exciting as a full fledged pet version.

So what if we could acquire certain mobs as pets via Monstrology?

Obviously taming creatures in such a manner would require a lot of animus and gold. I'd imagine the amount might sit somewhere between 50 and 100 animus, and the gold cost would match the hatch cost for the pet. Both might vary depending on the mob/pet.

Perhaps there might be a tier system in which the lower the creature's Monstrology level the less gold & animus it would cost to make a pet version.

An alternative might be the more animus you use the higher its pedigree or better the pet's talent & powers roll might be?

Obviously this would probably be limited to a select few/very specific mobs & bosses. Just because I can't see KI making pets for every single mob in the Monstrology Tome (*cough* *cough* Malistaire the Undying as a pet, what a nightmare for that poor man, lolz) Burke and probably several other denizens of Wizard City might go insane.

Anyway what do you guys think?