Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trade more then just Treasure cards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2013
I feel like wizard101 needs to come out with a new update where your able to trade more items then just Treasure Cards. You should be allowed to trade items like mounts, decks, jewels, etc. I have done Omen at least 30+ times in the past 2 weeks just trying to get the Ice Skates he drops. I have a friend who I farm with he is trying to get the deck I have 3 of the decks he needs and he has 3 pairs of the ice skates I want. I feel like you should be able to trade items like that.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Survivor
May 12, 2009
Yes indeed, we should be able to trade more items other than treasure cards, especially between players of the same account

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
If it were for adding Reagents I would agree. But not for trading Gear.

Trading Gear opens the system up for more scams. Plus, it negates the sense of accomplishment.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2017
IZZORDADthe First on Dec 28, 2019 wrote:
Yes indeed, we should be able to trade more items other than treasure cards, especially between players of the same account
You can actually trade gear, including mounts and pets, as well as furniture and reagents through the Shared Bank feature

Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
In my country, there was an MMO game (not as big as Wizard101) that was very popular. They had the option to trade clothes (since there aren't stats on clothes there) and cool stuff that we could wear.

It completely RUINED the game, the mmo which was supposed to teach us about the environment through fun missions became a "who has the best items" competition.

Because of that, nobody cared about the game itself anymore. A few years later, the game shut down.
I'm not saying that would happen to wizard101, but there are some serious downsides that should be considered.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DarkSideChampion on Jan 4, 2020 wrote:
You can actually trade gear, including mounts and pets, as well as furniture and reagents through the Shared Bank feature
I don't think that is what everyone is referring to. They want to be able to trade with other players that have what each other wants.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
DragonLady1818 on Jan 2, 2020 wrote:
If it were for adding Reagents I would agree. But not for trading Gear.

Trading Gear opens the system up for more scams. Plus, it negates the sense of accomplishment.
i gotta agree with both parts like its way past due for us to be able to help our friends with getting reagents other than selling them in the bazaar because reagent snipers are a thing and its savagely annoying trying to give my friend a certain reagent and vise versa i'd honestly love to see this happen because rare reagents like blood moss i have a ton of from the catacombs i dont need at the moment i could easily give to my friend who does as for the trading gear i fully agree it cuts the entirety of achievement in getting something BUT if its persay something like idk dropped school design gear i can see that being a possibility but not gear from places like waterworks, darkmoor, corporal tenni'syn, the boss that drops the paradox hood and boots, the bosses in catacombs that drops the vanguard hood and boots those should say on a no list for player gear trading

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
i think we should be able to trade not with you r wizards alone, but those friends of yours , on the friends list. i think that if let's say , Amber is needed in a recipe and you have all they need , I should be able to give it to them. and Gear or housing items

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I like to see trading reagents. Who has time to stand in the bazaar all day renewing pages looking for a few specific reagents

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
tara18209 on Dec 24, 2019 wrote:
I feel like wizard101 needs to come out with a new update where your able to trade more items then just Treasure Cards. You should be allowed to trade items like mounts, decks, jewels, etc. I have done Omen at least 30+ times in the past 2 weeks just trying to get the Ice Skates he drops. I have a friend who I farm with he is trying to get the deck I have 3 of the decks he needs and he has 3 pairs of the ice skates I want. I feel like you should be able to trade items like that.
I don't want to be the party crasher, but the idea of trading anything in my perspective and gaming experience creates some what of a problematic loop hole. You see in some cases i totally agree with some concept of trade if said trade was limited in some aspect. I've seen the trading system ruined games and Kings Isles have kept wiz running for nearly 10 yrs + and counting. It can be annoying not being able to trade those extra mounts or gears to friends i agree, but look at tc's for example if people would go as far as to charge real currency or over value prices for just tc alone i can't imagine what they would charge for drop mounts and gears even reagents. I played a game call legend of Edda that's had gone through almost 6 relaunches and still couldn't figure out a way to get rid of the trading system. To me the trading system does more harm than it does good to any kind of game. Perhaps a trading system that involves you spending crowns to trade an item such as a mount or piece of gear could work in that case it would probably limit trading between players to some extent or enable it to those that can afford it.

Explorer
May 06, 2013
Trading reagents other than TC? yes. Trading other items? no. That will cause problems and may hurt the game ithe way it's designed in the long run.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
angellifeheart on Feb 23, 2020 wrote:
I don't want to be the party crasher, but the idea of trading anything in my perspective and gaming experience creates some what of a problematic loop hole. You see in some cases i totally agree with some concept of trade if said trade was limited in some aspect. I've seen the trading system ruined games and Kings Isles have kept wiz running for nearly 10 yrs + and counting. It can be annoying not being able to trade those extra mounts or gears to friends i agree, but look at tc's for example if people would go as far as to charge real currency or over value prices for just tc alone i can't imagine what they would charge for drop mounts and gears even reagents. I played a game call legend of Edda that's had gone through almost 6 relaunches and still couldn't figure out a way to get rid of the trading system. To me the trading system does more harm than it does good to any kind of game. Perhaps a trading system that involves you spending crowns to trade an item such as a mount or piece of gear could work in that case it would probably limit trading between players to some extent or enable it to those that can afford it.
kingsisle is already ruining the game anyways making all the new stuff pay to win or pay to get instead of working hard by farming for it i dont really see the hard in trading reagents and tc with people though a revamped trading system i do however agree entirely on the gear part of trading maybe like 500 crowns to trade someone a robe like for instance a fire jester or death daredevil robe something like that maybe?