Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet failing to heal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
I recently trained an Ivaneko's Tiger to epic. It has only healed me twice so far, (one healing current and one sprite) and I have done close to around 20 long battles with it. In those battles, everyones pets were healing except for mine. My pet has may cast "healing current" and may cast "sprite queen". My other pets are healing just fine, but this one seems to just never heal me at all. I spent a lot of time farming pixie stix from Mirror Lake just to train it to epic. Please tell me what's going on? Is it because I just got the talents? Do I need more time with it? Should I train it to mega?

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
HI there - I do know that the trigger rate for different Maycast spells can be very different. e.g. - Generally speaking Fairy triggers alot more often than Sprite Queen. I have never seen anything convincing that defines exactly what those trigger rates are. Can check this out for some data....

https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/w101-pet-guides/guide-may-cast-pet-talents-wizard101/

I my experience the pedigree of the pet or the level (ancient, mega, etc) do not seem to matter. The pet type itself does seem to matter though as I have Leaf Foots that trigger every third round fairy, sprite or Unicorn and other pets that hardly ever trigger fairy, sprite or Unicorn although has those attributes. I also have seen no indication that a pet "grows" into triggering more as time goes by. If it does not work at first, it is likely you are stuck, but one warning with this is you have to be patient and not throw the pet out after just a few hours of play.

The only way you could determine if lost cause with your Tiger is to do some type of scientific study in a practice arena trying the potential different triggers. If after you do 30x each of getting attacked, blading, attacking others, putting shields up and triggering auras, you dont get any results, you may want to try new type of pet for those attributes. btw - I am only aware that life spells such as sprite queen only trigger upon an attack, whether it is against you or someone else on your team or sometimes even the opponent gets attacked.

Good Luck!