Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP - Change Order of Players' Turns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Turn rules for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 need to be changed.

For 1v1, I suggest alternating between who goes first; for example, if one player starts the match first, then in the second round he or she will go second, and in the third round, he or she will go first again. This alternating pattern would repeat indefinitely. Both players will essentially have opportunities for two consecutive turns. Imagine "Player 1" as A and "Player 2" as B. The turn-taking sequence would look like this: A - B, B - A, A - B, B - A, etc.

For 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4, I suggest that the turn-based sequence more closely resemble the turn-based sequence in Beastmoon Hunt. The match begins with one player from either team going first, and then in the second round, one player from the team that went second in the last round goes first. Furthermore, instead of the usual turn-taking sequence where everyone on just one team goes first before the other team has a chance to attack or defend, the turn sequence should look more like this: 1A - 2A - 1B - 2B - 1C - 2C - 1D - 2D. In the second round, it'd simply reverse: 2A - 1A - 2B - 1B - 2C - 1C - 2D - 1D. "1" represents Team 1, and "2" represents Team 2. A, B, C, and D represent the typical order of individual players from right to left on each team’s side.

This change is especially necessary for higher level team battles (e.g., shadow pips, stuns). Many within the Wizard101 Community have come to realize the importance of having a first-move advantage, even though teams going second do receive complimentary pips in an attempt to offset that first-move advantage. To support this “first-move advantage” claim, I cite the "first-move advantage" in chess. There is an inherent advantage of the player (White) who makes the first move, a fact that both chess players and theorists generally agree on.

aforementionedmodifications to PVP, I think it would greatly improve the overall game-play experience for the entire Wizard101 Community.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
That's complicated and could be broken.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
KirstenW101 on Nov 24, 2019 wrote:
That's complicated and could be broken.
we could also, as I've said a billion times, just let the lower rank go first.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
xTsuin on Nov 29, 2019 wrote:
we could also, as I've said a billion times, just let the lower rank go first.
Often times rank =/= skill. Like for example if you have a 1300 rank vs an 1100 rank and the 1100 is guaranteed to go first, then the 1100 is already clearly good enough to win like that. Not to mention smurf accounts

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
JewelKI on Dec 16, 2019 wrote:
Often times rank =/= skill. Like for example if you have a 1300 rank vs an 1100 rank and the 1100 is guaranteed to go first, then the 1100 is already clearly good enough to win like that. Not to mention smurf accounts
yeah but people at that rank should have strategy to still win from 2nd you know what i mean? and smurf accounts can only really do it as a zero hero