Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Renegade Druid dilemma

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
Has anybody figured out how to beat this now that supernova is fixed. The minions spawn with enough pips to start with any sixth round spell and they hardly consume them even when they do cast a large spell. Why give the minions such a huge starting advantage. Most teams are dead by the second round only because they start with a huge PIP pool. Trying to win a fight in two rounds is expecting a bit much. Any groups that go beyond round two are just lucky enough not to draw a lulu followed by a bugs followed by a potentially max pip tempest. Most runs are done by the second round!

Survivor
Oct 19, 2012
My friends and I have very effective teams and have handily defeated every boss in the game. But this one I really am feeling is just not winnable no matter what you do. It is very frustrating and I can guarantee, KingsIsle, that this will turn players away from what used to be a "fun" game.

The "easy" strategies must have been before Wiz removed the supernova option/made minions respawn. Even doing storm dispels, the turn order let boss still somehow get off a very strong Glowbug Storm which wiped out blades of the hitter who was about to hit and wiped all our health to very low levels, this when our healer had low pips too and minions were casting No Gain. That plus plagues, other minuses, the crazy new never seen before hits that all do couple thousand or more damage even with super good resist gear (and do this damage even with no critical, which likely would have killed us all) leave any team hobbled.
We had a very disciplined, strong with the best pre-Drains gear in the game team, and we got decimated even trying to dispel not even 10 minutes into it. We tried several times with different scenarios and trying the few guides' out there strategies too.

I add my request to MANY others to nerf these bosses so they seem literally unbeatable at this point. Only way I see it remotely possible is you have to rely on pure chance to just maybe get enough "open" rounds to buff hitter enough where boss and minions don't hit or hit small. I saw this on one video posted but sure did NOT see it on the 4 tries we did in the past 2 days nor from friends' similar reports.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2012
So my friends and I figured out a strategy (and had some luck) in beating the Renegade Druid today.

We had an ice, balance, life and death wiz.

Ice was the hitter with Snow Angel

Balance bladed, trapped, and Storm Dispelled Druid and Moon minion (they both do bug strong and often)

Death weakened with Plague, Virulent Plague and also ensured at least 1 preferably 2 Storm Dispels were on Druid and Moon minion at all times

Life did some blading and also a lot of Legion Shield TC and focused on healing

Took maybe 8-10 rounds before hitting with Snow Angel cause of some poor decks and Balance having to focus mainly on dispels. Snow Angel initial damage was around 28K; it was enough as Druid was killed in 3rd round.

All 3 minions hit VICIOUS after and Balance had to do Root of Spring Rebirth to get team enough health to finish off minions with Nesting Dolls.

Life and Death each died once; Balance and Ice did a bit better with full Jade Armor gear but it still was tough.

We were lucky minions did not critical on big spells or go way overboard with plague, etc. and no storm spells got out other than Shadow Tempest which was no big.

Keys: Really need 2 Wiz to ensure at least 2 storm dispels on both Druid and Moon at all times
Legion Shield a huge help as well as a few players equipping Root of Spring
Have Death or another wiz do Plague and Virulent Plague (to hit all as minions as bad as boss, and boss was basically shut down with Dispels) to really reduce their hits

This worked for us; hope it works for you. Of course all bets are off if minions slam you with Plagues or do heavily bladed critical hits, which happened over and over last night.

Good luck!