Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns Sale

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2015
Hello Sparck,
What happened to 50% crowns sale? We haven't had one for a while.

Administrator
We had a recent 25% off Crowns sale! There's several different sales here that we consider throughout the year.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2015
If you go to revenwoods news says the last 25% crowns sale was july 29 and the last 50 % sale was July 19.

Survivor
May 02, 2019
Id like to know when the next crown sale is in general. You had a 12m sale then a 6m sale now a 1m sale.... you all just released all the super cool Halloween stuff! We need a crowns sale!!! Lol, i need to get the gloomthorn furniture!

Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
Agreed on the need for crowns around Halloween. Are you going to do this to us again at Christmas?

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Definitely need a plain crown sale not a membership bundle. I too won't be able to get any Halloween goodies and couldn't participate in the pirate weekend. Gold I have plenty of and can fish and sell the fish for gold but I need crowns. Please. Thank you.

Survivor
May 02, 2019
wow again with the 12m membership deal? this is wrong on so many levels. so we get no crown sales at all for the month of October??? talk about doing your players wrong.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Agree with OP-we need a crowns sale. KI puts Halloween packs, and the new Sinbad pack, and a new emote, in the crowns' shop, and doesn't give us crowns sale. Which, from a marketing perspective, seems oddly non-customer friendly.

Now, if the Spiral Showcase included a crowns reward that might make up for not having a crowns sale for 2-3 months. But the Spiral Showcase does not included a crowns reward, and KI decided to run yet another membership special and honestly, as a retired guest services and retail manager, this is the antithesis of good customer service.

Who knows-maybe KI has a big sale coming up this week, maybe the next KI live will include some sort of crowns reward, and maybe we have a double daily assignment event soon. (hint hint)

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Okay, I can't understand the reasoning of not selling crowns at a sale price here. Right now there is the best stuff to get and I am sure you have lots of people wanting crowns. I have played this game for a long time and remember there was always a crowns sale (about every month) when there was great stuff to get. Can you tell me if you are going have a crown sale without membership? I have been a member for 9 years and really liked the way things were with all the great things double gardening, double pets, crowns sale, membership sale all started on Wednesday morning and would go through the weekend. I would play early Monday mornings to try to finish up a pet. I am not going to stop playing just wish I didn't have to spend so much now since the price change seems the sales have changed too. No matter what thanks for the wonderful work and the great game with all the new updated worlds graphics. I guess someone has to pay for all of the new stuff.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
A lot of new stuff to buy, if you have crowns. Last crown sale was in July. So when they have the next sale, i will get some. Until then, I will NOT buy crowns at full price and I will wait until next year to get the things I missed this year, No problem. A long wait, but worth it, I can then get the stuff I missed out on, plus get it all updated.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2015
I understand the concept that not having crowns sales from a company perspective. But if we focus on just continuing to improve player experience in game then the game will increase in memberships (which gives the company reoccurring income and helps a company more accurate plan because of a budget where are crown purchases are harder for a company to plan since there is not a set income monthly.

However, no having a crown sale this long runs the risk of less income from crown purchases and from your "whales" and losing players who spend more frequently hurts the game in the long run as well as possible losing returning/loyal members. I hope one comes soon so we do not have an undesired impact the game we love!

Also, I have some suggestions for improving new player experience which I think will get new players therefor again increasing memberships. (I will post them in a more accurate thread)

Please consider crown sale soon!

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Still no crown sale! What about the "loyal community"? KI, you are neglecting your long time players. Without the crown sale my 3 wizards will miss out on the Halloween items--the Rigor Mortis dance, the scroll, etc. etc etc
Is this going to happen thru the rest of the holidays this year?

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
1000% agree,
KI what's going on with the sales. You use to have sales at a much faster rate then this. Last sale in July?? , this is now November. You keep offering sales to new members only.

L130 L130 L130 L100 L16 L15 L10

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
There should be a sale coming up soon.

There usually is one around the winter.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Every time in the past that I have bought crowns (Not on sale), sure enough a crown sale comes out the next day or week.
I refuse to buy crowns if they are not on sale!!!

Survivor
Dec 04, 2014

why no crowns sale? i will not! i totally refuse to buy crowns not on sale. !!! if you - KI refuse to put on sale then i say good luck with that! i wont be playing after my membership runs out. lots more games out there than this one.
i am pretty sure a few others will agree with me. you can put all you want in crown shop, actully makes me laugh cause you dont give us a way to buy.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
And rather than a crowns sale, we have another crowns reward event, with the top tier prize costing over 200,000 crowns. Yes, I understand that is a cumulative amount, but seriously? Full-price cost for crowns and an event that encourages players to spend crowns.

I think players would even enjoy a one-day sale, with bonus crowns. You've had those before. It would a great pairing with the crowns reward event.

Generally, however, it seems as if KI's customer service is going downhill. I emailed support nearly 2 days ago, and have not received a response, not even an automated one. Perhaps the lack of crowns sales is just one symptom of a much larger problem. It would be helpful if the powers that be would address these concerns.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
fadedred on Nov 13, 2019 wrote:

why no crowns sale? i will not! i totally refuse to buy crowns not on sale. !!! if you - KI refuse to put on sale then i say good luck with that! i wont be playing after my membership runs out. lots more games out there than this one.
i am pretty sure a few others will agree with me. you can put all you want in crown shop, actully makes me laugh cause you dont give us a way to buy.
I also refuse to buy crowns unless they are on sale.. Seems to me that Ki is getting more and more greedy with their micro transactions. You want us to spend more crowns but you wont put them on sale.. so you want us to pay full price for crowns to buy your crown shop items.. Bad business my friend... You need to keep your players happy so they are willing to buy your packs..and so they are less willing to look for a cheaper/better game to play

Survivor
Nov 23, 2014
We spend too much on this game and I buy lots of crowns but I refuse to buy crowns when not on sale. You guys need to put them on sale like you were doing.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
you have to be kidding here, no crowns sale,, your going to lose some big time spenders like me

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Still no crown sale.. I have tried to post something about it but none of my threads get posted, so I will try here.

KI, Is there a reasoning for no crown sales? Right now you are saving me a ton of money by not having them on sale. We have 3 active accounts and a few free to play so yeah we spend a ton on this game..

Please have them on sale again!

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
What gives KI we need a crown sale, whats wrong with you, you are going to loose a big spender.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2019
I think it's time to tell KI nlm mln (thinking hand gestures)

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
When is the next 60K for $60 crowns sale that is what we want. That's what I'm waiting for at least. How about a cyber Monday 60 for 60 deal or maybe a special cyber Monday 80k for $60 deal. I mean come on its not like your really parting with anything but electrons. ;-)

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Pyle1197 on Dec 1, 2019 wrote:
When is the next 60K for $60 crowns sale that is what we want. That's what I'm waiting for at least. How about a cyber Monday 60 for 60 deal or maybe a special cyber Monday 80k for $60 deal. I mean come on its not like your really parting with anything but electrons. ;-)
Agree! I'm still getting emails from companies who extended their Cyber Monday sales to today (Tuesday). Maybe a "flash sale" from KI? Six hours of half-price crowns, or the 25% more, or the 60K for $60. Something. Because, and I say this as someone who spent 20+ years in customer service, continuing to promote events that require crowns without having any sort of sale is somewhat of a slap in the face to players.

KI, you're getting a lot of feedback on this issue, it would make sense to listen to the player base, and have a crowns sale.