Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
I am currently level 85. I've been grinding out crafting quests for a couple weeks so I could craft Deer Knight, and, I'm nearly there, I just need amber. I've heard that the Mt. Olympus secret boss is a decent one to farm for the material (I did it twice and got amber both times, not to mention some other great stuff lol), but I also heard that the tartarus secret boss was efficient as well. I guess my question is- should I keep farming the Mt. Olympus one, or wait until I'm 90 to go for the Tartarus boss?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
ReliableDiamondThu... on Sep 26, 2019 wrote:
I am currently level 85. I've been grinding out crafting quests for a couple weeks so I could craft Deer Knight, and, I'm nearly there, I just need amber. I've heard that the Mt. Olympus secret boss is a decent one to farm for the material (I did it twice and got amber both times, not to mention some other great stuff lol), but I also heard that the tartarus secret boss was efficient as well. I guess my question is- should I keep farming the Mt. Olympus one, or wait until I'm 90 to go for the Tartarus boss?
I think it's much simpler to just garden for Amber - King Parsley and Queen Crape Myrtle give Amber as drops. They also re-seed so you won't run out.
I managed to get enough Amber for that spell from gardening within a month.

Good Luck!

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
anecorbie on Sep 27, 2019 wrote:
I think it's much simpler to just garden for Amber - King Parsley and Queen Crape Myrtle give Amber as drops. They also re-seed so you won't run out.
I managed to get enough Amber for that spell from gardening within a month.

Good Luck!
Well i Guess am just unlucky because i had a stash of 24 king parsley and just harvested them today during double gardening and only manage to get 2 ambers xD no complaints though since ill have enough amber to craft the aoe life spell when it becomes available.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As mentioned before, you can farm and garden to increase your chances of obtaining the reagent.

The following plants also drop the reagent:

• Deadly Ninja Fig
  • Red Bell Pepper
  • White Tiger Lily
  • Ultra Snow Apples
  • Ultra Trumpet Vine
  • Ultra Helephant Ears
  • Ultra King Parsley
  • Red Huckleberries

You can also transmute the reagent using the recipe. It requires a few rare reagents however such as Amber Dust and Merle's Whisker.

Good Luck!

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
The most reliable source for Amber I have found is Ultra King Parsley and Elder King Parsley. You can plant about 25 or so in a large gardening circle. You can depending on how many wizards you have get the required Amber in a few weeks. You can also get the Sunstone from them as well. The QCM are a pain as they have a higher pest rank and you can only summon Pixie once to deal with it, which is okay if you only have one QCM at a time. Fly swatter only is useful against rank 5 or lower pests. The transmute Amber is a reagent hog and not worth the expense imo.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
While farming King Parsley for Amber you can also farm Gladiator Dimachaerus in Mount Olympus. He drops Amber relatively frequently and I can typically solo him no problem on a 130 storm. However it goes faster if you have help.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Draco14 on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
where do you get the recipe for amber?
Shane MacGobhann the leprechaun in The Wild, Avalon sells it for 2000 gold pieces.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Draco14 on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
where do you get the recipe for amber?
The recipe to craft amber is just as difficult as getting amber from a drop - and it uses much of the same reagents as the spell recipe., save your gold and just farm or garden.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2013
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
The "secret" to getting Amber and ingredients to make Amber is to farm Tartarus, especially the first "hidden" boss, Cronus.

When you Team Up to go to Tartarus you frequently meet people who are there ONLY to fight Cronus for Amber.