Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My final thoughts on balancing(Max)pvp

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
So before i begin, once again am going to share my thoughts on what schools should be nerf and buffed in terms of balancing pvp. There are a "lot of reasons" people have come up with, in rants pertaining to spells that has become too overpowered since new gears with better stats have been introduce which also includes pay to win bundle gears. Now as my understanding goes people who generally spend money on the game such as myself, should not have an advantage over (in-game) farm able contents whats so ever, because generally this creates an unhealthy atmosphere. So its fine if you guys wanna make a cash cow out of pay to win gears but you gotta slow down on the oppressive stats or make them equal to that or less in stats than farm able gears. This would create equal opportunities for all players at max pvp to have a fair chance in the battle grounds.

Now, since each school have their own uniqueness, we are going to go back and do some review on why said uniqueness have shifted and became controversial for each school. As i label their uniqueness im going to list the spells nerf and buff next to them, with a general explanation as to why i think this should be the first approach to balancing max pvp.

-A school which is so suppose to excel at damage overtime spells which "SLOWLY" damages the opponent, with a decent amount of damage to allow them to set up combos into other spells. It has been proven time and time again that this has become a very controversial fact. Since fire, is not only able to attain storm damage in stats, they are also able to put you out faster than you actually think.With spells like burning rampage, Fire from above(FFA) and scorching scimitars kinda shows you why fire isn't a force to be reckon with and trust me they all hurt! So being a school who excels in offense i believe a minor adjustment and major nerf is required for fire to actually rely on using shields like storm, which supposedly being the second hardest hitter in the game they should "NOT" have a dependable offense defensive utility AKA Efreet.
Nerfs applied: Efreet- Remove weakness completely- replaced with a +25% trap. This will not take away fire ability to do damage, but it will definitely punish fire, like storm if they solely depend on pure offense which would allow other schools to counter play, without not having to be nuked down in a stall move.

Burning Rampage- Change 70-700 over 2 rounds into an actual Damage overtime of 70-(700) over 3 rounds!
I think its pretty obvious and safe to say that this spells has been ranked by far the most broken spell in the game and for good reasons! K I devs please refrain from giving any schools a damage overtime that doesn't do damage in 3 round. As for this new burning rampage it will still do a fair amount of damage and its an upgrade to fire elf which would balance this spell completely.

With these 2 minor and major adjustment this would actually balance fire school and put them in the same position as a storm but obviously with damage overtime.

-As i once, mentioned in my many other post on balance being considered *Broken* at the moment, one of the most contributing facts to this is balance central abilities to be over oppressive.Spells such as lore master, super nova, and mana burn are if not the most oppressive utility a balance have and they all require nerfs. Balance uniqueness is not out right stopping the opponent from making plays rather they are suppose to control certain outcomes potentially using spells of their own that "Weakens" the opponent spells. There fore giving them the ability to not only weaken, but to also stop the opponent from making plays or depending on astral utilities without any counter play is down right barbaric and its it needs to stop.
Nerfs applied:Lore Master-Damage and effect remains the same but pip cost should be increased from 4 to 5.
Mana burn-Remove the ability to burn pips, nerf the base damage from 80 per pip to 40, while allowing enchantment in compensation towards this. Again balance should no longer be able to freely stop the opponent from making plays.
Super nova-increase the pip cost to 4 pips, keep damage. This would retain their ability to burn auras, but prevents balance from constantly nuking the opponent whenever they try to set up aura or may cast auras in play.
Buff applied: Savage paw-Decrease pip cost, retains damage and effect. Balance has always been the school to complain about not being able to blade as much as other schools this would generally help balance now without having to be much oppressive. A compensation for lore master nerf and a huge buff to balance.

-Need i say much about the most controversial school at max level pvp? For a school that suppose to have mass resist more than any other schools, ice ability to even have access to storm damage has become a major concern among other schools. I purely 100% believe tanks should not have mass damage spells or even the ability to nuke anyone, rather ice should have some built in spells that provides some sort of defensive wall that other schools would have a hard time getting through, while relatively having "Low" damage.
Nerf applied:Abominable snow weaver- base damage nerf from 950-1050 to 650-850 with new added effect of -35% tower shield x3. In my honest opinion this spell new effect would allow ice through their tank stats retain added damage from future spells without having to be as broken as it is now.
Bale frost- Increase pip cost to 3 new added effect +15% increase resistance. Again an ice with 105% base damage should never exceed the base stat threshold while being able to retain universal resist as much a 65%. With the new added effect this would add towards ice uniqueness of being the most tankiest school in the game.
Lord of winter- retains damage. Mana burn effect change into a -50% tower shield. Considering the spell cost 10 pips, and as i previously stated the issue with mana burn am not sure why ice even has access to a broken effect like that. This is in need of an immediate change. Ice should not be able to stop other schools from making counter plays. I will continue my second post in reply to this post its currently 5:09 am and i need some rest am also running out of space. Goodnight yall.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Instead of nerfing schools good spells, we should be fixing the broken mechanics in pvp such as the turn system and the rng of shadow pips. Also the high amount of offense that everyone has. Fix these things and things like rampage wouldnt be a problem because its turn based so you could always triage off rampage, and you would never hit into a weaver shield because you see it coming.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
angellifeheart on Sep 7, 2019 wrote:
So before i begin, once again am going to share my thoughts on what schools should be nerf and buffed in terms of balancing pvp. There are a "lot of reasons" people have come up with, in rants pertaining to spells that has become too overpowered since new gears with better stats have been introduce which also includes pay to win bundle gears. Now as my understanding goes people who generally spend money on the game such as myself, should not have an advantage over (in-game) farm able contents whats so ever, because generally this creates an unhealthy atmosphere. So its fine if you guys wanna make a cash cow out of pay to win gears but you gotta slow down on the oppressive stats or make them equal to that or less in stats than farm able gears. This would create equal opportunities for all players at max pvp to have a fair chance in the battle grounds.

Now, since each school have their own uniqueness, we are going to go back and do some review on why said uniqueness have shifted and became controversial for each school. As i label their uniqueness im going to list the spells nerf and buff next to them, with a general explanation as to why i think this should be the first approach to balancing max pvp.

-A school which is so suppose to excel at damage overtime spells which "SLOWLY" damages the opponent, with a decent amount of damage to allow them to set up combos into other spells. It has been proven time and time again that this has become a very controversial fact. Since fire, is not only able to attain storm damage in stats, they are also able to put you out faster than you actually think.With spells like burning rampage, Fire from above(FFA) and scorching scimitars kinda shows you why fire isn't a force to be reckon with and trust me they all hurt! So being a school who excels in offense i believe a minor adjustment and major nerf is required for fire to actually rely on using shields like storm, which supposedly being the second hardest hitter in the game they should "NOT" have a dependable offense defensive utility AKA Efreet.
Nerfs applied: Efreet- Remove weakness completely- replaced with a +25% trap. This will not take away fire ability to do damage, but it will definitely punish fire, like storm if they solely depend on pure offense which would allow other schools to counter play, without not having to be nuked down in a stall move.

Burning Rampage- Change 70-700 over 2 rounds into an actual Damage overtime of 70-(700) over 3 rounds!
I think its pretty obvious and safe to say that this spells has been ranked by far the most broken spell in the game and for good reasons! K I devs please refrain from giving any schools a damage overtime that doesn't do damage in 3 round. As for this new burning rampage it will still do a fair amount of damage and its an upgrade to fire elf which would balance this spell completely.

With these 2 minor and major adjustment this would actually balance fire school and put them in the same position as a storm but obviously with damage overtime.

-As i once, mentioned in my many other post on balance being considered *Broken* at the moment, one of the most contributing facts to this is balance central abilities to be over oppressive.Spells such as lore master, super nova, and mana burn are if not the most oppressive utility a balance have and they all require nerfs. Balance uniqueness is not out right stopping the opponent from making plays rather they are suppose to control certain outcomes potentially using spells of their own that "Weakens" the opponent spells. There fore giving them the ability to not only weaken, but to also stop the opponent from making plays or depending on astral utilities without any counter play is down right barbaric and its it needs to stop.
Nerfs applied:Lore Master-Damage and effect remains the same but pip cost should be increased from 4 to 5.
Mana burn-Remove the ability to burn pips, nerf the base damage from 80 per pip to 40, while allowing enchantment in compensation towards this. Again balance should no longer be able to freely stop the opponent from making plays.
Super nova-increase the pip cost to 4 pips, keep damage. This would retain their ability to burn auras, but prevents balance from constantly nuking the opponent whenever they try to set up aura or may cast auras in play.
Buff applied: Savage paw-Decrease pip cost, retains damage and effect. Balance has always been the school to complain about not being able to blade as much as other schools this would generally help balance now without having to be much oppressive. A compensation for lore master nerf and a huge buff to balance.

-Need i say much about the most controversial school at max level pvp? For a school that suppose to have mass resist more than any other schools, ice ability to even have access to storm damage has become a major concern among other schools. I purely 100% believe tanks should not have mass damage spells or even the ability to nuke anyone, rather ice should have some built in spells that provides some sort of defensive wall that other schools would have a hard time getting through, while relatively having "Low" damage.
Nerf applied:Abominable snow weaver- base damage nerf from 950-1050 to 650-850 with new added effect of -35% tower shield x3. In my honest opinion this spell new effect would allow ice through their tank stats retain added damage from future spells without having to be as broken as it is now.
Bale frost- Increase pip cost to 3 new added effect +15% increase resistance. Again an ice with 105% base damage should never exceed the base stat threshold while being able to retain universal resist as much a 65%. With the new added effect this would add towards ice uniqueness of being the most tankiest school in the game.
Lord of winter- retains damage. Mana burn effect change into a -50% tower shield. Considering the spell cost 10 pips, and as i previously stated the issue with mana burn am not sure why ice even has access to a broken effect like that. This is in need of an immediate change. Ice should not be able to stop other schools from making counter plays. I will continue my second post in reply to this post its currently 5:09 am and i need some rest am also running out of space. Goodnight yall.
Just a continuation from where i left off. I also wanted to be clear that these are just my personal thoughts and opinions on the matter that reflects on not only playing with all 7 classes at their highest level, but also playing against them.

-For a school that is supposed to rely on heavy hits and fast damage output to make up for its low health and mediocre resist without having any damage overtime, storm has always been the trickiest to master. Despite having such high damage, basically some of their spells are placed on rng mode(random number generator) Such as wild bolt, healing current, and even the mechanically broken insane bolt. Storm doesn't have any defensive utilities whats so ever and a catalan with a -25% mantle doesn't count. However, being in a position of having access to one of the if not strongest scion spells in the game i considered it to be a good buff but not necessarily enough. You see in reality all scion cost 11 pips to cast, and in some cases this can work out in a storm favor extremely well if they choose to play a little risky, after all storm has been known to be that school with high risk high reward theme if played to a decent level. But, this can backfire really badly esp if rng isn't on your side from the get go, which in some cases, can put you in a really bad position.I believe a storms greatest fair are weakness stacking and shield setting heck id argue the immunity against storm especially in a 4v4 setting has become the norm. So just to keep this brief here are the buffs required for storm survivabilty.
Buff applied: Increase base health of 500 which would essentially put them at 3000 base health at max level.

Insane bolt-(Buff)Change from 1000 moon damage and 10000 to self to 250damage and 250damage then 500 to self(can't crit on self).(Nerf) Pip cost increase to 4. I'm pretty sure I already made it clear, that no school should have a backlash that instantly kills themselves. So to make this spell more effective a minor adjustment is needed. Not only is it going to help dealing with pesky shield spammers and mass defensive set ups but it will increasingly help storm for the refusal of giving storm a damage overtime. This also provides a decent amount of back lash and would essentially prevent it from being spammed due to a guarantee 500 plus storm boost damage.

Healing current-(Buff) Increase healing from 100,300 and 1000 to 250, 500, and 1200 . Since healing current in place on rng mechanic, its quite frustrating when the enemy gets a major lead in damage against an already low health school. Therefore, when storm in put in a forceful position to heal the current healing current effect isn't beneficiary the increase healing would provide storm a suitable chance esp if it lands on b and c healing. Seeing that heals can also be enchanted its a key element storm players would need to adjust into their deck set ups.

- The life school has always been in an awkward position,so awkward that any small buff or nerf may either make or break this school. The reason for this, is because life has one of the strongest 4 pip healing card in the game which can heal for 890 base, this is not even considering their out/incom healing. Since critical was made harder for life than any school, any life main who wanted to look for ways to push their current stats to the extreme is going to have to spend some bread $$$, since it could only be achieve by using pay to win gears. Another contributing fact to non-critical life path is the low damage and outdated utilities life spells effect has such as absorbs. Absorbs are so bad they aren't even counted as a shield in fact a -25% shield is arguably better than an absorb. Anyway considering a lot of people such as myself have with the life school is only two spells are here they are.

Nerf applied-Guardian spirit change from 15%(revive) to 25%(revive) Limit to 1 use per match. Increasing the healing due to it being cost 5 pips would essentially bring a life who's not critical reliant to at least 1750health. This spell has already been in complaints from time and time again of how someone can die and come back as much as 5-6 times, which i agree shouldn't be the case but since reviving is a life unique mechanic i would not take it away from them but limiting this spell to 1 use is a start.

Scion of life-(buff) change from 1100 x2 if bellow 25% to 1100 damage x2 if at 100% 400 absorb on all allies. The condition to meet this change imo has been made it harder for life to achieve twice the damage because essentially life are not suppose to be power hitters but that's has been ignored ever since they had access to good damage spells later on. However, I believe it can still be achievable and will help with pve players deal with bosses just like every other school.( Minor adjustments might still be needed) However this is to clarify that a heal that cost 11 pips is generally rendered useless.

Sanctuary(buff)- The pip cost of sanctuary needs to be decrease to 2 pips to adjust to the fact that every school including deaths doom and gloom is 2 pips. Fighting over bubble control is a thing now and having to lose that fight because your spell cost 1 extra pip is insane esp when u have 2 power pip and end up losing 4 pips to the price of 1 power pip by the enemy which counts as 2 pips.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018

-I believe the myth school is in a fair position at the moment. However some minor adjustments to minion spell casting is necessary such as being able to give myth a tower shield etc especially on talos. Having to sacrifice 5 pips on a minion that can potentially be shut down the next turn is a little disheartening. Since myth uniqueness truly renders around minions i think they should have a better form of defensive spell casting.

- Death school have always been one of my favorites schools so my opinions might be a little bias for this one.
Specifically the drain spells currently under powered but due to the ability to gain health back from doing damage has been seen as useful. However i believe at this current stage enchantments on drain spells should be applied at the full amount since all death train spells other than bat is currently weak in compassing to flat out damage spells even if u did enchant it. This would essentially buff death after the huge blow to bad juju. However i still see juju in 4v4 matches so i guess the juju meta isnt completely wiped of the map yet.

So this sums up my thoughts on my final thoughts on balancing (max)pvp. Even if any of my ideas doesnt follow through just having the chance to post this so k i can see is enough for me. My membership is ending on the 30th of this month and ive had a beautiful year of using it to the fullest. Until max pvp is balance im not going to invest anymore time in a pay to win broken match making system. So yes thats going to make 11 dedicated players u just lost k i and am hoping your proud of it(sarcasm) till then take care yall.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018

Where do I start

Your proposed fire changes are aight

Lore isn't gonna get any better with the pip cost just being increased. I do think it should be increased to 5, but keep its damage and retain the weakness and get rid of the mantle. The mantle is everyone's problem with it - the counter to lore spam is to simply spam tower shields. The mantle is what single-handedly halts any form of counterplay.

Your proposed change to Mana Burn was okay up until I saw you wanted people to be able to enchant it. Do you realize how universally powerful it'll get with this? It'll go to 500 damage while burning five pips as opposed to the current 400 with an epic enchant. 425 with gargantuan. This can and will give incentive to go for mana burn spam strategies. So what if they don't lose pips? The amount of burst damage at relatively every single amount of pips will be disastrous. And that's not even taking into account the game-breaking chains people could pull when they have a lot of pips. If player A has 8 pips, and player B mana burns them with your changes and an epic enchant, that's 620 damage the first time around. If player B starts off with 14 pips, he can mana burn three times in a row. With pip conversions, they'll be set right up for a lore the round right after.

620 damage to 8 pips
700 damage to 10 pips the following round
780 damage to 12 pips the following round

Added up that's 2100 base damage in 3 rounds just off of mana burning. Taking crits and damage into effect and that goes far over the 5k mark, which would slice a storm to pieces and get 3/7 of the other classes dangerously low. While that is the worst-case scenario, you could negate the damage down to at least 3k with high resist and tower spam. But that's still 3k health you can't get back.

Supernova is alright

Savage Paw pip cost reduction - a lot of people's issues with Lore at the moment are the ridiculously high damage and debuffs. While savage paw spam would get rid of the latter, the former would become so much worse it'd be unbearable. Think of the grands and legends who would lose nearly half their health in one hit, and then have the other 55% happen the round directly after.

Oh boy ice time

Weaver change - I respect everyone trying to nerf this as it is our most powerful spell. However, being this many miles behind literally everyone else in terms of damage would single-handedly destroy Ice. The other high health classes [balance and life] would then pull ahead of Ice and we'd be nearly entirely unviable for max level PvP. My proposed nerf is to the shield - instead of a -75, go for one singular -35. That way, it can be pierced through entirely via shrike and base pierce, while also letting Ice tank using its high resist. Your proposed nerf would make it the absolute worst shadow hit for ice - yes, even worse than Clima. The people going for overtimes could easily just go in shrike and use their overtime and that's game. Weaver couldn't stop that with your proposed shields.

TLDR for that: keep Weaver's current damage, nerf the shield.

Balefrost: Do you want to watch the world burn [or freeze in this case]? Jades at all levels would toss this in their deck and start using balefrost to bring themselves up to immunity, giving them even more leverage over everyone.

Lord of Winter - this does not need to be nerfed. The intensely high pip cost makes it uncommon enough, and the pip removal doesn't even do additional damage.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
JewelKI on Sep 9, 2019 wrote:
Where do I start

Your proposed fire changes are aight

Lore isn't gonna get any better with the pip cost just being increased. I do think it should be increased to 5, but keep its damage and retain the weakness and get rid of the mantle. The mantle is everyone's problem with it - the counter to lore spam is to simply spam tower shields. The mantle is what single-handedly halts any form of counterplay.

Your proposed change to Mana Burn was okay up until I saw you wanted people to be able to enchant it. Do you realize how universally powerful it'll get with this? It'll go to 500 damage while burning five pips as opposed to the current 400 with an epic enchant. 425 with gargantuan. This can and will give incentive to go for mana burn spam strategies. So what if they don't lose pips? The amount of burst damage at relatively every single amount of pips will be disastrous. And that's not even taking into account the game-breaking chains people could pull when they have a lot of pips. If player A has 8 pips, and player B mana burns them with your changes and an epic enchant, that's 620 damage the first time around. If player B starts off with 14 pips, he can mana burn three times in a row. With pip conversions, they'll be set right up for a lore the round right after.

620 damage to 8 pips
700 damage to 10 pips the following round
780 damage to 12 pips the following round

Added up that's 2100 base damage in 3 rounds just off of mana burning. Taking crits and damage into effect and that goes far over the 5k mark, which would slice a storm to pieces and get 3/7 of the other classes dangerously low. While that is the worst-case scenario, you could negate the damage down to at least 3k with high resist and tower spam. But that's still 3k health you can't get back.

Supernova is alright

Savage Paw pip cost reduction - a lot of people's issues with Lore at the moment are the ridiculously high damage and debuffs. While savage paw spam would get rid of the latter, the former would become so much worse it'd be unbearable. Think of the grands and legends who would lose nearly half their health in one hit, and then have the other 55% happen the round directly after.

Oh boy ice time

Weaver change - I respect everyone trying to nerf this as it is our most powerful spell. However, being this many miles behind literally everyone else in terms of damage would single-handedly destroy Ice. The other high health classes [balance and life] would then pull ahead of Ice and we'd be nearly entirely unviable for max level PvP. My proposed nerf is to the shield - instead of a -75, go for one singular -35. That way, it can be pierced through entirely via shrike and base pierce, while also letting Ice tank using its high resist. Your proposed nerf would make it the absolute worst shadow hit for ice - yes, even worse than Clima. The people going for overtimes could easily just go in shrike and use their overtime and that's game. Weaver couldn't stop that with your proposed shields.

TLDR for that: keep Weaver's current damage, nerf the shield.

Balefrost: Do you want to watch the world burn [or freeze in this case]? Jades at all levels would toss this in their deck and start using balefrost to bring themselves up to immunity, giving them even more leverage over everyone.

Lord of Winter - this does not need to be nerfed. The intensely high pip cost makes it uncommon enough, and the pip removal doesn't even do additional damage.
Hi there i see you made some fine cases. Let me clarify on some of the changes that can be implemented.
Lets start off with mana burn. Although it is highly unlikely a balance can simply spam a 5 pip spell 3 times in a row without having access to 15 pips themselves, it doesn't come without punishment. Even on the first time a balance try to mana burn they are gonna lose 5 pips while u retain yours for counter play.

Lore has to keep its benefactors due to the pip increase, and by right a 5 pip spell cost on a balance should have some potential stall just not be as spammable as a 4 pip spell.

The changes made to savage paw is to keep balance core power intact they are viewed essentially as the most strongest school and i wont easily take that away from them however. I should of mention the 100 damage cut back on paw to 400 base. This will help them excel with damage boost but it will not prevent them from not being hurt by the opponent.

Id rather see ice climicalysm than any spells that does more damage than clim and get a shield for it period. Infact i did explain that ice is suppose to have the lowest damage of all schools, that includes lower than life. And giving ice spells that matches life in power doesn't justify its theory. Hence why the nerf on balefrost is necessary.
Just a reminder these changes are for pvp only which means their built it kinda like beast moon events. etc. Its not applied to pve and jades will not have access to the change in bale frost. Lord of winter mana burn change is necessary due to the change in mechanic. Pip control burn spells are broken and no one should be prevented from making counter plays due to lost of pips. So yes i targeted these 3 schools first because this has been going down for 5 yrs and its about time the meta change in favor of .

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Fred Frost on Sep 9, 2019 wrote:
Instead of nerfing schools good spells, we should be fixing the broken mechanics in pvp such as the turn system and the rng of shadow pips. Also the high amount of offense that everyone has. Fix these things and things like rampage wouldnt be a problem because its turn based so you could always triage off rampage, and you would never hit into a weaver shield because you see it coming.
Even if mechanics are change we can no longer leave a blind eye on the controversial theme that has been going down for these 3 top schools theres a reason more wards are made for these schools than any other schools in the game. The meta needs to be shifted in favor of fairness towards all schools except these 3. They already had their 5 year streak and its about time new schools take their place in terms of Tier effectiveness. How do we propose these changes quite easy u make them harder to play just like storm and death.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I mostly play as a balance wizard. I win matches and lose matches about half the time. I regularly defeat and lose to max level Wizards from every school. I don't see a need to change any school.

I just need to Hope I packed my deck well, and that I have a strategy for every school.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Sep 11, 2019 wrote:
I mostly play as a balance wizard. I win matches and lose matches about half the time. I regularly defeat and lose to max level Wizards from every school. I don't see a need to change any school.

I just need to Hope I packed my deck well, and that I have a strategy for every school.
The concept of balancing max pvp isn't soley about winning or losing its literally giving both parties the opportunity of fair play, and quite frankly it is very easy to get to warlord as a balance just saying.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
angellifeheart on Sep 16, 2019 wrote:
The concept of balancing max pvp isn't soley about winning or losing its literally giving both parties the opportunity of fair play, and quite frankly it is very easy to get to warlord as a balance just saying.
If it is easy to get to warlord on Balance, I wish someone would teach me how.

I haven't been warlord since back when WW gear was the hot setup.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Sep 20, 2019 wrote:
If it is easy to get to warlord on Balance, I wish someone would teach me how.

I haven't been warlord since back when WW gear was the hot setup.
Depends on what level you pvp at if its max level its quite simple. Shield spam stun block shrike lore master spam into gaze if you get a shadow during shrike like every balance i faced. That's pretty much it. Either one or two things might happen 1 your opponent will scream in agony complaining how much of a broken school you are. 2 Luck just so happen that your place in an unfortunate match against a balance ward setter or someone who's gotten more shadow than u. Gears are important and a balance with a base damage of 100+ 60 resist and 35+ pierce seems good enough for pvp to me.