Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Balancing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Hi, as someone who's played a bit of PvP, I noticed a huge issue that many have noticed, and that is the fact that Balance (no pun intended) isn't really Balanced. In straight up PvP, they can essentially neutralize their opponent if they go first by using Loremaster frequently. They can use several other debuffing spells at no cost, and at the cost of only 2 power pips which many Balance Wizards can obtain easily in combat, they are able to essentially do a high amount of damage in the 1400-2200 range depending on damage/critical and enchant, put a weakness charm on you, and an accuracy debuff all on the same turn. Essentially the pattern I see is Stall -> Stall -> Loremaster -> Gaze of Fate -> [something] -> Loremaster and essentially they usually have the upper hand by this point. Stalling is very easy for them too since they can tank a lot of hits and unless you dispel them for a turn it could seriously cause a huge balance shift.

My solution for this would be to either do one of the following, raise Loremaster to 5 pips, take away the accuracy or weakness debuff, or lower the damage it can do. This is a crucial issue and it really can ruin PvP, thank you for taking the time to read this if you are :))

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
cubethepenguin on Aug 27, 2019 wrote:
Hi, as someone who's played a bit of PvP, I noticed a huge issue that many have noticed, and that is the fact that Balance (no pun intended) isn't really Balanced. In straight up PvP, they can essentially neutralize their opponent if they go first by using Loremaster frequently. They can use several other debuffing spells at no cost, and at the cost of only 2 power pips which many Balance Wizards can obtain easily in combat, they are able to essentially do a high amount of damage in the 1400-2200 range depending on damage/critical and enchant, put a weakness charm on you, and an accuracy debuff all on the same turn. Essentially the pattern I see is Stall -> Stall -> Loremaster -> Gaze of Fate -> [something] -> Loremaster and essentially they usually have the upper hand by this point. Stalling is very easy for them too since they can tank a lot of hits and unless you dispel them for a turn it could seriously cause a huge balance shift.

My solution for this would be to either do one of the following, raise Loremaster to 5 pips, take away the accuracy or weakness debuff, or lower the damage it can do. This is a crucial issue and it really can ruin PvP, thank you for taking the time to read this if you are :))
There is a pvp section for discussion on any related theme toward pvp, so feel free to post there. The dorm sections are more pve related. I've already made out a post towards the discussion of balance and am glad am not the only seeing it. I am pretty sure many see it as well but some choose to remain silent on the actual given fact on how broken balance is just to abuse it during this meta. We are just waiting on pvp to be revamp as we've been told.