Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rewards for playing for 10 years.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Hello! This is subject is mostly focusing on Veterans. I have been playing Wizard101 for 10 years and when I saw all of the Decaversary stuff, I thought there was going to be rewards for people who've been playing for at least 10 years but it turns out there wasn't. So, I think people who have been playing for 10 years should get some type of little reward, it doesn't have to be big or anything, maybe a statue, a piece of gear, a wand, or even a badge. That it all I am asking to support the Veterans who have been playing for a decade, including me. Thanks!

~Michael StormCloud lvl 130

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
So,

To provide some insight on this.

A few years back, KI had actually thought about and implemented the idea you are now suggesting.

The idea was this (which actually went into effect for a brief time period), a code was available for each player to enter and a redeem a prize.

Depending on the age (when it was created) of your account would depend on the prize you receive, longer accounts received a rare dragon mount (Frontier Dragon).

Other prizes included furniture items but no crowns if you're wondering.

Now, many persons found outrage with this as issues kept arising with when accounts were created etc. etc.
Resulting in backlash.

As such, the event was discontinued.

So, while I see your point in rewarding loyal customers, it can be extremely problematic to do so.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
While I appreciate that loyalty has value it's a bit messed up for an E10 game to reward people simply for making an account X number of years ago.

When rewards have been relating to the date the account was made, it was not dependent on that account having been used regularly during that time. There are different way to pay and taking breaks gives no penalty.

As such, why should an account created 10 years ago be rewarded simply for being made 10 years ago? It's literally E10, the players W101 accommodate were not even necessarily born 10 years ago and accounts made then are predominantly adults or at least close to being adults now.

There is something disturbing for adults playing a kid-friendly game to be getting exclusive rewards for being born before the target market who get nothing because they didn't make an account when they were a toddler lol.

If you've been a customer and played consistently for 10 years then I respect you and I understand your point. I also think when it comes to a childrens game it's important children don't miss anything special just because they have literally not been alive long enough

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Star Edward on Aug 16, 2019 wrote:
So,

A few years back, KI had actually thought about and implemented the idea you are now suggesting.

The idea was this (which actually went into effect for a brief time period), a code was available for each player to enter and a redeem a prize.

Depending on the age (when it was created) of your account would depend on the prize you receive, longer accounts received a rare dragon mount (Frontier Dragon).

Now, many persons found outrage with this as issues kept arising with when accounts were created etc. etc.
Resulting in backlash.

So, while I see your point in rewarding loyal customers, it can be extremely problematic to do so.

Oh, I did not realize that happened. Thank you so much for telling me.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Maybe just a song and dance, upon log in, on each year's anniversary, then, S.E., instead of 'stuff?'

Just confetti, stars, and 'wheeee thank you for being with us another year?' Just came to mind.

There are other games/worlds I wish would do that also...
IDK

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Star Edward on Aug 16, 2019 wrote:
So,

Resulting in backlash.

Besides that entire year was devoted to giving us prizes and free gifts. It was a birthday celebration, everyone playing deserved to get gifts ( and not just a select few... )
* Very proud of my dragon statue *