Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm deckatholon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Is it just me or is the storm deckatholon a lot harder than the previous ones? The mobs do a consistent amount of damage with blades and traps and they don't shield, but they have a very large amount of health. My tempest treasure card with a blade and 6 pips didn't kill the stage 3 mobs on the second floor. That's really deflating and makes me wonder if I even get to stage 4, will I even have a chance to beat it? Someone told me they have 1000 health on stage 4 which is insane. I have no treasure cards below 5 pips that do 1000 damage, and getting 5 pips in deckatholon is not that easy considering the mobs stun and hit you almost every round. I tried spamming myth shields but you have to blade at least once to kill and that round where you blade could potentially get you killed if you have no shield or get stunned. Any tips from anyone on how to beat stage 4 and farm for the best runes? stage 2 only gives 2 points per mob and doesn't drop the best runes and stage 3 I haven't even beat yet but I am about to once I buy the proper treasure cards to do it. But it will be expensive and time consuming to farm stage 3 when it doesn't even give the runes I want. Any help is appreciated.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
The Stuns and Minotaurs do make this Deckathalon a bit tricky!

The mobs are very tanky, yes. In the 4th tower, a 7-pip Tempest with a blade will not kill either mob. A bladed Storm Lord works wonders, though. You can also save some gold by buying Storm Traps instead and trap just the Ronin (an unbuffed Storm Lord will defeat the Minotaur).

My strategy for the 4th tower has been:

Floor 1:
Storm Trap
Myth Shield, but only if the enemy hasn't attacked yet.
Kraken
(Casting the Myth Shield first is a safer alternative, I just do it like this because sometimes I can skip using a shield. )

Floor 2:
Myth Shield. A lot.

Storm Trap the Ronin
Storm Lord
(Sometimes they will catch you up with an early stun and a Minotaur, but I find that this is still the best course of action. Especially against Keeper of the Flame. I usually don't need to heal here, but you should bring a heal or two just in case.)

Floor 3:
This one depends on your health. If you have low enough health that a Keeper of the Flame or a Minotaur will defeat you, Myth Shield immediately. If not, Storm Trap instead and you might be able to save another Myth Shield.
Once you get 5 pips and have a Storm Trap on the boss, you can one-shot with a Stormzilla. A single-buffed Kraken will never kill. If your health is really high when you enter this fight, you could just immediately Storm Trap, Stormblade, and then Kraken. This is, of course, more dangerous, but it finishes the fight a turn earlier.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Hi IceWolvering, I am happy to share with you my strategy for Stage 4! I died once or twice because of times of the mobs hit spamming, but it works most runs.
First fight I myth shield, then storm blade and then kraken (that's with a myth deckathlon deck 4). KO to the first mob there.
Second fight I myth shield+fortify until I reach around 6 pips. When I get around 6 pips, I stormblade and next turn (when I have 7 pips) I use storm lord. A cool tip, there are weakness tcs available from Harold at the library, so when you see if any of the 2 mobs have 5+ pips use it on them to weaken their hit in case they minotaur :) Fairy if you are running low on health, and accept their stuns (since there is nothing much you can do about it unless you want to carry convictions, but then you have to choose whether to fortify or use conviction-I prefer the fortify). The stormblade+storm lord is a KO to both enemies.
Third fight go straight in with a myth shield and use weakness if the guy hits. If you stormblade and use stormzilla its a 1 hit KO.
They do indeed have around 1000 health each (Minotaur 960, Ronin 1060 & Bear 1170). I hope this helps and look forward to hearing everyone's strategies (since I see no reason why not to discuss it) :) Good Luck!