Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You Should Get A Spell After A Number Of Crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
Packs are evil because they make people spend tons of crowns and you can get nothing you wanted from it. Why should people have to spend 60 dollars on crowns and then get nothing? If someone wants a spell, then it should just be given to them after a certain amount of crowns. People shouldn't have to spend more than 60 in real money just for one spell in a video game. Spells are just a part of the game. Players still spend many crowns on the other parts of the game, so it's just too expensive and unfair that you can spend so many crowns on a pack and not get the spell you want. Basically just handing out money for nothing.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Morez174 on Aug 5, 2019 wrote:
Packs are evil because they make people spend tons of crowns and you can get nothing you wanted from it. Why should people have to spend 60 dollars on crowns and then get nothing? If someone wants a spell, then it should just be given to them after a certain amount of crowns. People shouldn't have to spend more than 60 in real money just for one spell in a video game. Spells are just a part of the game. Players still spend many crowns on the other parts of the game, so it's just too expensive and unfair that you can spend so many crowns on a pack and not get the spell you want. Basically just handing out money for nothing.
Hence why their optional, but coming from a game were kids may have keys and roots towards their parents finance etc, i can deeply understand your frustration. Even as a parent, tying to get your kids something special and knowing that packs are actually gambling addictive lottery tickets is always hard. While, i don't agree that spells should be locked behind a pay wall whatsoever, I believe that they should be considered in-game content. This would equally provide members and crown users the opportunity to earn them. Trying to push excessive cool items behind a pay wall has become the norm of mmorpg's which may sound intimidating, but players are giving the options on whether to never obtain them or spend more than they think its worth. Just remember you are in control of your actions, I learnt this the hard way and believe me i felt like santa once donating like a cash cow towards my favorite game only to find out what a fool i was. I don't regret it 100% maybe 99.99% of the time.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
While I can sense the frustration here, do recall that purchasing these packs are voluntary.

You are in no way shape or form forced to purchase the packs in order to be granted the spells.

While, in this case the new Grizzleheim Spells are temporarily only available within the pack, I'm sure KI will also employ crafting avenues coupled with adding them to The Loremaster for players to try to obtain.

What I can agree with is the drop rate of the spells. Probably that can be adjusted a little.

As it stands now, it seems next to impossible to learn a spell via farming the packs.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
And I would also love a feature where we can transfer a dropped or crafted spell to a wizard on the same account in case we've a wizard learning one of the lore spells he/she has completely no use for.