Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trading Unneeded Lore Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2015
Hello Sparck,

I was opening the Grizzlehiem lore pack and sadly wasted over 30k Crowns. I got Ratatoskr as a Conjurer. Is there anyway you could replace it in my deck with Grendel because I am really upset I wasted all of that just to get the wrong spell that I can't really even use in a reasonable scenario. This was also after sadly weeks of waiting of update delays so it really hurt, to see this happen.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
It would actually be nice if they could ad a feature to these new packs when they contain spells. If you open a pack and get a spell, it should put up a window showing all spells available in the pack, and allow you to choose one spell from a list of those available in the pack. That way people could pick only the spell they want. Of course, in the future, if another pack was opened, and another spell was won, it would only show a list of spells you didn't already have.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Sadly no they will not replace anything. You made the decision to spend that many crowns so ya have to live with it. If they change it for you then they will have to give everyone what they want and they will not do that. Remember when you open packs it is a "CHANCE" you will get what you want or something useful there is no guarantee of anything other than you will get some kind of item form the packs contents. I myself got like 8 of those stone firepits and/or ovens whatever they were and I only opened like 4 or 5 packs. I also got like 4 pairs of the same boots 2 of the same wand. #1 Rule of gambling Never Ever spend what ya don't want to lose. Good Luck.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Gallaer on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
Hello Sparck,

I was opening the Grizzlehiem lore pack and sadly wasted over 30k Crowns. I got Ratatoskr as a Conjurer. Is there anyway you could replace it in my deck with Grendel because I am really upset I wasted all of that just to get the wrong spell that I can't really even use in a reasonable scenario. This was also after sadly weeks of waiting of update delays so it really hurt, to see this happen.
As Pyle1197 said, there is not a way to replace it. If your patient, you might just want to wait for when they make it craftable or farmable. Who knows when that will happen, but it might be worth the wait if you don't want to chew your wallet up.

Good Luck!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
CUTEHORSEY on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
It would actually be nice if they could ad a feature to these new packs when they contain spells. If you open a pack and get a spell, it should put up a window showing all spells available in the pack, and allow you to choose one spell from a list of those available in the pack. That way people could pick only the spell they want. Of course, in the future, if another pack was opened, and another spell was won, it would only show a list of spells you didn't already have.
@CUTEHORSEY That would be a wonderful feature... I hope they implement that into the game.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
CUTEHORSEY on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
Yeah. I heard they refunded some people who bought the packs immediately after the crowns update because the packs were apparently glitched. Maybe you could possibly try doing that if you were one of the first people to buy them immediately. Also, since this is a "Trading Lore Spells" thread, do you have any lore master tc available? (I need 1 more to craft the spell on my level 65) I wanted to craft the spell on my balance 2 years ago, but I never was able to complete it because I was gone for a while. Please reply to this comment, if you are willing to help me. , Thanks a lot.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
MadCat05, if you still need any Loremaster TC, I have some on hand. Just post a time, date, and place to meet.

I usually do this in the Commons in front of Merle Ambrose house in the Seraph district. Just let me know your character name, and how many TC you need. I am in California, so my time is 3 hours behind East Coast time, or 2 hours behind Central time.

Thanks

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I don't get why anyone would buy the packs, if the spell was the only thing they were after.

Don't get me wrong: I buy packs if/when there's a specific item (usually a mount or pet) that I want. I had 2 subs and have bought so many Crowns that I'd probably (make that definitely) be appalled if I could add up just how much I've spent on this game. But I agree with Pyle's advice: never spend more than what you're okay losing.

As for the spells that drop from packs/bosses, most do become craftable. I'm not lucky when it comes to drops, so I just crafted the spells I wanted (Loremaster and Savage Paw for my Balance wizard, Deer Knight for my necromancer). Farming the reagents etc. is a lot of work, but at least you know that you'll get the desired reward at the end.

/my $0.02 CAD for whatever that's worth.

-von

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
snagged from a thread talking about elite gear drops, which I posted this:

The best way to make farming easier, in my mind, would be to remove the elite gear from big bosses and have them drop gear tokens instead. You would then take that token to a token vendor located outside of the dungeon where the boss is, and redeem it for whatever gear they offer that you want. How many times have we farmed for a hat, but gotten 3 boots instead? I would farm Darkmoore MORE if I could get the token and then get that elusive piece of gear. How many times have we farmed Waterworks and gotten repeat gear? I'm not saying to increase the drop rate, just change what gets dropped. It would still be a limited drop, but once you got the token, you could trade it for the item you want instead of getting a 4th or 5th copy of the item you already have. You could easily make the tokens to be reagents, and make the reagents specific to the boss. So have Darkmoor Token reagents, Waterworks Token reagents, Helephant Tower Token reagents, etc so that you can't cheat and take a Waterworks token and use it for Darkmoor.

The same thing could be done here. Instead of getting a spell, you get a spell token, and can spend it on any spell you want. You still have to buy the pack, and get the drop, and you could make them pack specific, but this would guarantee you would get the spell you want on the character you want.

The same thing would work for Loremaster as well for dropped spells. You would get a Spell token, and go outside of her instance, and trade the spell token im for the spell you actually want instead of the 15 you'll get first.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
There have been threads floating around in the past about wizards learning the wrong spells.

As such an idea was to allow wizards who wanted to say trade a spell to another wizard on that same account to be implemented.

Such a change would be irreversible and could only be used for dropped spells such as from Loremaster and from Packs, not for trained spells or crafted spells.

It's an idea that's actually worth investigating.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
dayerider on Sep 27, 2019 wrote:
snagged from a thread talking about elite gear drops, which I posted this:

The best way to make farming easier, in my mind, would be to remove the elite gear from big bosses and have them drop gear tokens instead. You would then take that token to a token vendor located outside of the dungeon where the boss is, and redeem it for whatever gear they offer that you want. How many times have we farmed for a hat, but gotten 3 boots instead? I would farm Darkmoore MORE if I could get the token and then get that elusive piece of gear. How many times have we farmed Waterworks and gotten repeat gear? I'm not saying to increase the drop rate, just change what gets dropped. It would still be a limited drop, but once you got the token, you could trade it for the item you want instead of getting a 4th or 5th copy of the item you already have. You could easily make the tokens to be reagents, and make the reagents specific to the boss. So have Darkmoor Token reagents, Waterworks Token reagents, Helephant Tower Token reagents, etc so that you can't cheat and take a Waterworks token and use it for Darkmoor.

The same thing could be done here. Instead of getting a spell, you get a spell token, and can spend it on any spell you want. You still have to buy the pack, and get the drop, and you could make them pack specific, but this would guarantee you would get the spell you want on the character you want.

The same thing would work for Loremaster as well for dropped spells. You would get a Spell token, and go outside of her instance, and trade the spell token im for the spell you actually want instead of the 15 you'll get first.
There's a lot of promise here!

This idea shouldn't be completely ignored either.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Dr Von on Sep 27, 2019 wrote:
I don't get why anyone would buy the packs, if the spell was the only thing they were after.

Don't get me wrong: I buy packs if/when there's a specific item (usually a mount or pet) that I want. I had 2 subs and have bought so many Crowns that I'd probably (make that definitely) be appalled if I could add up just how much I've spent on this game. But I agree with Pyle's advice: never spend more than what you're okay losing.

As for the spells that drop from packs/bosses, most do become craftable. I'm not lucky when it comes to drops, so I just crafted the spells I wanted (Loremaster and Savage Paw for my Balance wizard, Deer Knight for my necromancer). Farming the reagents etc. is a lot of work, but at least you know that you'll get the desired reward at the end.

/my $0.02 CAD for whatever that's worth.

-von
Well Ratatoskr's spin and other Grizzleheim lore spells have been out since the beginning of August, it's now almost 2 and a half months later and they're still not craftable or even added to Loremaster.

If they want to make the spells craftable that's great, we need more options to get them, but considering that having some of these spells, namely the Myth heal and 4 pip Life AOE that I might add Theurgists have been asking to get for years on end, I don't find it unreasonable for people to buy packs to try to get them.

Not everyone has the patience to wait months on end for them to become available as drops, and then gather 25 amber and dozens if not hundreds of other rare crafting materials and to top it all off, 10 treasure cards of the spell they want from either loremaster, bazaar (Which good luck with Bazaar PvP), or from the packs themselves.

I do get what you're saying, but honestly it's so hard to get certain spells, especially the ones we should have had from the start or are super essential to farming like Ratatoskr's spin or deer knight, that it's much more enticing to just gamble on the rng instead of spend to much time to get it for free.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dogempire on Oct 14, 2019 wrote:
Well Ratatoskr's spin and other Grizzleheim lore spells have been out since the beginning of August, it's now almost 2 and a half months later and they're still not craftable or even added to Loremaster.

If they want to make the spells craftable that's great, we need more options to get them, but considering that having some of these spells, namely the Myth heal and 4 pip Life AOE that I might add Theurgists have been asking to get for years on end, I don't find it unreasonable for people to buy packs to try to get them.

Not everyone has the patience to wait months on end for them to become available as drops, and then gather 25 amber and dozens if not hundreds of other rare crafting materials and to top it all off, 10 treasure cards of the spell they want from either loremaster, bazaar (Which good luck with Bazaar PvP), or from the packs themselves.

I do get what you're saying, but honestly it's so hard to get certain spells, especially the ones we should have had from the start or are super essential to farming like Ratatoskr's spin or deer knight, that it's much more enticing to just gamble on the rng instead of spend to much time to get it for free.
Here's the thing though: unlike farming, crafting yields a guaranteed result.

I've been gone for over a year now, but I was a paid member with 2 accounts when spells first started dropping from packs/bosses. I don't think buying packs is unreasonable~ I mean, hey, if you want to shave years off your life farming or spend thousands of real dollars on- *cough* "surprise mechanics" *cough*- that's your prerogative... but why would you do that, if you could spend $0 for the exact same outcome, only guaranteed?

It took a while, but the lore spells etc. all became craftable eventually and I'm sure these ones will as well.

-von