Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked Pvp Matches Need To Have A Time Limit

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
Guardian spirit/heal spammers are very annoying and no one wants to stay in a match that lasts forever. There should a time limit for ranked pvp matches like one hour and if it gets to one hour, then both people get zero rating.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
I wish this was also applied to 4v4 matches, but can you blame them though? for investing their time in healing trying to avoid death while your wasting away your pips on trying to kill them? seems pretty equally balance to me.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Morez174 on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
Guardian spirit/heal spammers are very annoying and no one wants to stay in a match that lasts forever. There should a time limit for ranked pvp matches like one hour and if it gets to one hour, then both people get zero rating.
if both get 0 rating, then people will keep stalling matches, maybe even more than before. The simple premise of one party getting zero rating after an hour while the other doesn't care too much about rank will turn the meta into "stall the match for an hour if you start to lose so they have a 0% chance of getting rating"

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
Morez174 on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
Hi i would have to disagree i love being in a long match more fun that way and can't get bullies that way in the next match.

Longer matches to me are more fun and quite earning the win.

I know we are friends on the game but death are really good against life wizards and ice wizards.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
angellifeheart on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
I wish this was also applied to 4v4 matches, but can you blame them though? for investing their time in healing trying to avoid death while your wasting away your pips on trying to kill them? seems pretty equally balance to me.
Guardian angel and jade strategy not balanced at all. If it was balanced how come max wizards cannot kill level 80 that do that? and they have too much heal boost so attacks dont really do much when they just shield spam, minion and use bubbles.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
JewelKI on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
if both get 0 rating, then people will keep stalling matches, maybe even more than before. The simple premise of one party getting zero rating after an hour while the other doesn't care too much about rank will turn the meta into "stall the match for an hour if you start to lose so they have a 0% chance of getting rating"
I rather have that than lose 16 rating after 12 hours.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
Mikudoll on Aug 5, 2019 wrote:
Hi i would have to disagree i love being in a long match more fun that way and can't get bullies that way in the next match.

Longer matches to me are more fun and quite earning the win.

I know we are friends on the game but death are really good against life wizards and ice wizards.
Yes longer matches are fun for me but only if they attack not just heal.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
JewelKI on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
Also if I can't kill within an hour, then I probably ever kill them so it just should be ended anyway