Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where are the angler-thugs?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Today, one of my wizards got "defeat angler thug in Crab Alley" as her Daily Assignment. Yet I found no angler thugs and I changed realms many times. I only saw Royal Guards. I tried the Deep Warrens but the assignment wasn't satisfied by defeating thugs there.
Please check that all mobs are properly assigned to the new Crab Alley.
BTW, It looks excellent!

Survivor
Dec 01, 2009
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This isn't a bug.

The Angler Thug are the small mustard yellow, large eye looking creatures found both in Crab Alley (as soon as you enter towards the left and south of the area) and in Deep Warrens.
They're creatures that are hard to miss actually.
Try looking again.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
There is a bunch of them in the area directly behind the "crack" on the way to the mad scientist.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2009
yesterday i tried fighting the ones in deep warrens but it didn't work. the angler thugs had to be in crab alley for it to work

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Star Edward on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
This isn't a bug.

The Angler Thug are the small mustard yellow, large eye looking creatures found both in Crab Alley (as soon as you enter towards the left and south of the area) and in Deep Warrens.
They're creatures that are hard to miss actually.
Try looking again.

I know what angler thugs look like, and I know where they were in Crab Alley ( pre- update ). I can state positively that there were NO angler thugs in Crab Alley on the realms I was in.
This was a bug.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Oran of Urz on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
There is a bunch of them in the area directly behind the "crack" on the way to the mad scientist.
Oran, that is the Deep Warrens, I tried fighting those thugs, but I didn't receive the credit for them. The daily said specifically: Crab Alley, Deep Warrens is obviously not Crab Alley.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
I had the same problem on my daughter's account, but changing realms frequently and looking for them behind the River guards, I was able to complete the quest. Yes, it was frustrating for her, but it was doable.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
Oran, that is the Deep Warrens, I tried fighting those thugs, but I didn't receive the credit for them. The daily said specifically: Crab Alley, Deep Warrens is obviously not Crab Alley.
Strange. That's where I got my updates from.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Cheryl Duskcrafter on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
I had the same problem on my daughter's account, but changing realms frequently and looking for them behind the River guards, I was able to complete the quest. Yes, it was frustrating for her, but it was doable.
If these mobs are only appearing on certain realms then it is a bug and ought to be corrected, why should we have to "hunt them down" and leave a favored realm?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Cheryl Duskcrafter on Aug 2, 2019 wrote:
This is same problem for all these "mixed" enemies. Happens all the time with fire elves and fire snowmen in Firecat alley. The more players defeat these enemies it leaves more of the other types of enemies that are mixed with them (in this case the Riverclaw Guards).

These daily defeat quests should only include enemies/areas that have only one type of enemy roaming.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
I agree with you all regarding this being a possible bug. As on my daughter’s account I battled every Angler thug I could find even in Deep Warrens, getting no credit for the battle. Then I started to realm hop until I was able to see them hiding behind the Royal Guards

I also remembered how it had been doing Firecat Alley. When doing the daily assignments, the areas of difficulty in finding the correct enemy are Firecat Alley, Crab Alley, and several areas in Krokotopia (Palace of Fire, Royal Hall and Chamber of Fire).

So this isn’t only happening in Wizard City but across the spiral. I would like to request they allow the daily assignment quest to be able to use the questing arrow.