Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Introducing the new Beastmoon Hunt events

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Welcome to the new battlegrounds, Wizards! The Beastmoon Hunt is a new team-based, goal-oriented Event designed to bring Wizards together in a fun and friendly competitive event. Teams of 4-6 Wizards face each other in a classic contest of Domination. Each Team gains points by defeating opponents and capturing and holding Battle Rings in the arena. The match ends when one team reaches 100 points, or the timer expires.

In the Beastmoon Hunt, Wizards polymorph themselves into a variety of different Beast Forms, join a Team, and battle other Wizards in a match! Each Beast Form has a different set of Spells and Stats, making combat with each one unique. Also, like the Deckathalon, your Wizard level, stats, and items don’t affect this game mode, so everyone in the Spiral (over level 10) can be your opponents or allies!

Beast Forms level up in two ways – level and tier. Your LEVEL will increase more quickly, but this increase is temporary and resets at the end of each event. Each Beast Form’s TIER will take longer to improve, but you’ll be able to keep this boon from Event to Event.

To the victor go the spoils! You’ll be able to work towards some great rewards including:
  • A new, very flashy, very unique emote
  • New pet jewels
  • New unique Beast Form unlocks
  • Permanent Beast Form upgrades
  • A new Beastmoon robe
You’ll earn these rewards in many different ways, including Gardening (the Beastmoon Hunt event is the only place to find some new plants, unique soil planters, and ways to care for this plantlife), Crafting, and simply participating in these events and earning rewards.

For our PvP fans, we will be using the Beastmoon Hunt as a place to test out new combat systems before we bring them over to Ranked PvP. But don't worry, the Beastmoon Hunt is not intended to replace Ranked PvP. We will be paying close attention to all your Beastmoon Hunt feedback here!

Join a match by clicking on the Gamma icon in the upper right hand of your screen, select the Beastmoon Hunt event, and then click the 'Join Match' button as shown here:

https://edgecast.wizard101.com/image/free/Wizard/C/Wizard-Society/Patch-Notes/BM_Join_600.jpg?v=1

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015
Sparck on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
Welcome to the new battlegrounds, Wizards! The Beastmoon Hunt is a new team-based, goal-oriented Event designed to bring Wizards together in a fun and friendly competitive event. Teams of 4-6 Wizards face each other in a classic contest of Domination. Each Team gains points by defeating opponents and capturing and holding Battle Rings in the arena. The match ends when one team reaches 100 points, or the timer expires.

In the Beastmoon Hunt, Wizards polymorph themselves into a variety of different Beast Forms, join a Team, and battle other Wizards in a match! Each Beast Form has a different set of Spells and Stats, making combat with each one unique. Also, like the Deckathalon, your Wizard level, stats, and items don’t affect this game mode, so everyone in the Spiral (over level 10) can be your opponents or allies!

Beast Forms level up in two ways – level and tier. Your LEVEL will increase more quickly, but this increase is temporary and resets at the end of each event. Each Beast Form’s TIER will take longer to improve, but you’ll be able to keep this boon from Event to Event.

To the victor go the spoils! You’ll be able to work towards some great rewards including:
  • New pet jewels
  • A new Beastmoon robe
You’ll earn these rewards in many different ways, including Gardening (the Beastmoon Hunt event is the only place to find some new plants, unique soil planters, and ways to care for this plantlife), Crafting, and simply participating in these events and earning rewards.

For our PvP fans, we will be using the Beastmoon Hunt as a place to test out new combat systems before we bring them over to Ranked PvP. But don't worry, the Beastmoon Hunt is not intended to replace Ranked PvP. We will be paying close attention to all your Beastmoon Hunt feedback here!

Join a match by clicking on the Gamma icon in the upper right hand of your screen, select the Beastmoon Hunt event, and then click the 'Join Match' button as shown here:

https://edgecast.wizard101.com/image/free/Wizard/C/Wizard-Society/Patch-Notes/BM_Join_600.jpg?v=1
The update has caused a lot of issues with basic operations in the game that weren't broken EVER! Been seeing a lot of different things going wrong in just the basic play of the game on Twitter. I experienced one that is seemingly to be game wide but not noticed by too many just yet unless they are decorating at home. Attempting to change scrolls in music players is crashing you clear out the game, regardless of character, castle or dorm even a newly purchased bubble player from the crown shop crashes when attempting to load a music scroll.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Really great event and I'm enjoying every bit of it. Every match has been exciting.

Please add additional items to stitch (hat, boots and weapon).

Also, please add 8 more beastmoon planters.

Administrator
Michael WinterClou... on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
The update has caused a lot of issues with basic operations in the game that weren't broken EVER! Been seeing a lot of different things going wrong in just the basic play of the game on Twitter. I experienced one that is seemingly to be game wide but not noticed by too many just yet unless they are decorating at home. Attempting to change scrolls in music players is crashing you clear out the game, regardless of character, castle or dorm even a newly purchased bubble player from the crown shop crashes when attempting to load a music scroll.
The scroll issue should now be resolved!

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Sparck on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:

• New pet jewels
  • A new Beastmoon robe

hello, i have done a few beast moon events. i have only won twice! lol but it's really cool. will mounts be something you can earn in the beast moon? i really really hope you do! -Taylor death heart level fourteen ( used to be scarlet death flame level 47 also death)

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I would like to know how you unlock the second tier on the scroll in the beastmoon hunt upgrade. It says I need a ninja pig idol and need two death seeds to harvest to make one. Nothing is dropping and I'm not getting it in the chest. I play hours a day. Please can someone tell me if they know?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
alia550 on Aug 4, 2019 wrote:
I would like to know how you unlock the second tier on the scroll in the beastmoon hunt upgrade. It says I need a ninja pig idol and need two death seeds to harvest to make one. Nothing is dropping and I'm not getting it in the chest. I play hours a day. Please can someone tell me if they know?
You have to craft the school seeds. Then plant the seeds to get the idols.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
My beastmoon flowers are dropping beastmoon coins even though the hunt is over. I wish the flowers would drop lunari so I could continue with crafting seeds, I have 3 recipes, but I would like to get the life seed recipe. Thanks

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
I just love the Beastmoon hunt event. Had a really good time learning how it works and working with others (making new friends) to win. When will it come back and will it be just like pvp we can play any time we like? I hope its not going to just be a 1 week out of the month that we can play it . Please bring this to the game (like we have pvp) when you are finished leveling and and crafting it gives them other things to do (battle, craft, level, teir) what a great event. Please make it permanent. Great Job KI Team

Survivor
May 18, 2012
Is there any chance we may be able to sell or trade Beastmoon reagents in the future? I'm mostly focused on the draconian right now and have many other schools of stones. It would be great to share the reagents, I'm hoping for more gear to craft at the next event. If not the bazaar, perhaps a kiosk at the arena. Thank you

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
Hi headmaster?

I really enjoyed the beastmoon hunt event and would love to play again and soon! Just wondering if there has been any talk about doing another one before the end of the scroll event. Again I really loved it and made some great friends from it. Anything that anybody knows would be great.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
I don't know if anyone has addressed a problem that is ongoing here lately. When I do the Beastmoon hunt I go to play and win. When a team is not all there, your chances of loosing are hightened. There is a problem with player going into the Hall, assuming the form of a Beast, and spinning there, never fighting with their team. In this game, it doesn't matter if you win or loose you still receive points,and rewards, but winning you receive more. There are players in my opinion getting points for doing absolutely nothing. This is not fair to those of us that do the actual hunt, and you are getting rewards for letting your team loose. Please KI please fix this so that others do just stand there and must do the hunt and contribute to their team to receive rewards. Thank you.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2013
so there seem to be a lot of people who like to troll in beat moon hunt so can u implament a thing were one or more people who decide to be a troll they team can kick them and have a mob spawn in they place and give them a five min cool down like pvp has except its a time out from beast moon or somthing idk its really up to u guys but keep in mind ive had 10 trolls out of all my matches today in beast moon

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Sparck -

Request for someone at KI to explain the upgrade method for beastmoon forms. It seems needlessly complex and opaque. You have to get lunari to get recipie to craft seed to hope for drop to get stone to craft....something... to level your tier. or tier your level. Or level your tier and your level. OR Level your tier and level for seven schools in ten forms.

Okay. Stipulate that process. Fine. But somewhere somehow you must have a place where a reasonably intelligent person can discern it without spending thirty hours hunting beasts, and asking others and relying on third party websites.

KI should do a better job at documenting this.

KI should also do something about network latency before adding a single new feature of the game. I routinely am required to look at 45 seconds of transition screen, before finally being shown my destination, and when I arrive there, timers have expired, others have chosen their forms, bought their TC, entered the game and begun capturing.

This makes what should be fun, not fun.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Beast Moon Help page 6/8 says:

"You can also purchase reagents, seeds, and other items from vendors in the Wizard City Arena, using Lunari, a unique currency earned in Beastmoon matches."

Acteon sells only Recipies; for stitch robes: for various types of Beastmoon seeds; and for elemental and spirit moonstone.

Who/where is the vendor for reagents? The Beast Moon Help seems to mean that some reagents can be purchased for Lunari. What does this refer to?

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Last question for the day. Are there any transmute recipes for the threads or the idols?