Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the spell proof opal jewel

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2018
so it's been a good 3 days now spending 6 hours per day farming secret tunnel kalamar raiders and any other minion or boss that drops The Spell Proof Opal but none dropped . I know the jewel is rare but the farming time for it isn't reasonable . i would rather farm a hard boss that have less off jewels in it's pool or make the jewel craftable for revered crafter (make the recipe hard) . i feel like as revered crafters we are not getting that much of advantage over people who don't craft at all or has lower crafting level . either make the jewel a little less rare or make it craftable or add it to a pack tell me what you guys think same goes to pain giver pet jewel and spell defy

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
deNoob on Jul 29, 2019 wrote:
so it's been a good 3 days now spending 6 hours per day farming secret tunnel kalamar raiders and any other minion or boss that drops The Spell Proof Opal but none dropped . I know the jewel is rare but the farming time for it isn't reasonable . i would rather farm a hard boss that have less off jewels in it's pool or make the jewel craftable for revered crafter (make the recipe hard) . i feel like as revered crafters we are not getting that much of advantage over people who don't craft at all or has lower crafting level . either make the jewel a little less rare or make it craftable or add it to a pack tell me what you guys think same goes to pain giver pet jewel and spell defy
Yeah, farming those jewels are extremely frustrating due to the very low drop rate. As for it being added to a pack, you can actually get a plant that drops the spell proof jewel but the plant is also rare in the pack which is Farley's Gardening Pack if you didn't know.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
The real solution would be to add jewel blossoms as drops! It feels way beyond time for them to be added as loot! Sparck, please could you ask if there are any plans to add these plants as drops any time soon?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
To add more clarity here, the plant that has a chance of dropping the jewel is Jewel Star Blossom.

Farming the pack for the seed is in itself, another hassle.

But the plant does re-seed and has chances of dropping other jewel seeds.

Give it a try if you've a few crowns to spare.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2018
Morez174 on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
Yeah, farming those jewels are extremely frustrating due to the very low drop rate. As for it being added to a pack, you can actually get a plant that drops the spell proof jewel but the plant is also rare in the pack which is Farley's Gardening Pack if you didn't know.
yes i knew about the plants but gettings is is hard too lol

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
I’d really just recommend a new pet. You’ll have to get the current pet to ultra which is about equal in xp to the first four levels combined. If I’m wanting a pet with proof and I don’t get it by epic I usually don’t chance it with mega and just start a new pet. As I’ve failed on my balance pet at mega 5 times now it can be really frustrating but that’s the ring I guess.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
I’d recommend just scrapping the pet. One you will have to get it to ultra to socket the proof jewel and ultra is just not worth it. Usually if I’m going for spell proof and I don’t get it by epic I don’t bother with mega and start again. Seeing as my balance pet has failed at mega 5 times now I know the pain of scrapping a pet but you just gotta do it sometimes.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Survivor
Jan 19, 2019
That’s sad. I messed up a bit training my ward pet to ultra with spell proof, the 3-wards, and fire dealer without spell defy. I just need the defy jewel p, never realized it was just an epic pet jewel either lol. What a waste, really wish for the defy though :(